IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Becoming a "Child of God" is a work of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit draws all of humanity to Christ. When someone hears the Gospel of their salvation, they can either accept or reject it by their free will. If they accept it by faith, then, the Holy Spirit, seals and indwells them and baptizes them (not by water) into the Body of Christ. They reap all the benefits of their salvation including eternal life in Heaven, forgiveness of all sins, the presence of God within them and the righteousness of Christ Himself bestowed upon them.

We cannot save our self through good works/deeds, water baptism, church attendance, or any other way. It's a Supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that takes place when one hears the Grace Gospel and puts all their faith in Christ and none in themselves nor anything else.

They cannot lose that "position in Christ" They are now considered a, "Child of God."

Tattooed Theist

Going against the unity of the Spirit is a public declaration, alright.
:bang:
It seems useless talking with you.

Jamie can take that up with me.
She doesn't need to, I did. You're on a public forum, making public posts.

The "and" doesn't lessen the requirement of the command nor remove it. Why don't you believe it means what it says? Why are you backing away from what was stated as a command of the Lord? They certainly didn't. It was all or nothing for them right down to selling out

No, it doesn't. Although reading scripture is not like reading book.
Furthermore if you're going to attempt to flip this verse on me - than youre only proving my point in the first place that baptism is good-to-go.

We recognize that while all of the Bible is for our learning, it's not all to us or about us. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us.
I'm aware, if I didn't understand that I wouldn't be covered in tattoos.

I give you a Command of Jesus, you reject it.
You give me a Command of Jesus, I accept it.

What is the issue here?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
[MENTION=12870]steko[/MENTION] [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION]
Let me get this right - you are saying that Peter was making the statement that because of Cornelius's good works, he was already accepted of God (saved), before Peter mentioned one word about Jesus?

Nope, 'acepted- dektos/dechomai' does not mean saved.

Acts is a historical narrative which describes a transition from 'prophecy' for Israel to 'mystery' through the Apostle Paul.

Cornelius drew GOD's special attention because he had blessed GOD's chosen people, Israel.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Act 10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Act 10:2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Act 10:4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

Act 10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Is it necessary today, under the ministry through Paul, to bless Israel or do any other meritorious work in order to get GOD's attention to be saved?

SaulToPaul 2

Acts is a historical narrative which describes a transition from 'prophecy' for Israel to 'mystery' through the Apostle Paul.

Cornelius drew GOD's special attention because he had blessed GOD's chosen people, Israel.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Act 10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Act 10:2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Act 10:4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

Act 10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Is it necessary today, under the ministry through Paul, to bless Israel or do any other meritorious work in order to get GOD's attention to be saved?

:BRAVO:

SimpleMan77

If you are sincere about God it will still get his attention, and He'll still send a messenger to you with "words whereby you and your house can be saved".

The angel said that Peter would tell them "saving words". You are finding fault with Peter's words, saying that they weren't what it takes for a Gentile to be saved.

I'll take the approval of God through an angel rather than someone finding fault.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SimpleMan77

There are none that seeketh after God, no, not one.
Paul, epistle to the Romans, by the time of Acts 20.

The Bible was never intended to grab isolated verses and build doctrines. You have to take all verses that deal with a subject.

Paul's own words say that you are misinterpreting him...

Acts 17:27
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

There is none of us righteous, and in our own nature, none that seek him. But some step past their nature to get ahold of the "measure of faith that He's given to every man".

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Of course I expect to hear that Hebrews 11, the greatest passage on faith ever written, was for the Hebrews only and not us.

SaulToPaul 2

The Bible was never intended to grab isolated verses and build doctrines. You have to take all verses that deal with a subject.

Paul's own words say that you are misinterpreting him...

Acts 17:27
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

There is none of us righteous, and in our own nature, none that seek him. But some step past their nature to get ahold of the "measure of faith that He's given to every man".

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Of course I expect to hear that Hebrews 11, the greatest passage on faith ever written, was for the Hebrews only and not us.

Acts 17 is before Acts 20.

:jawdrop:

dodge

It doesn't say why or how. Is water baptism required of us? What if I "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ" and refuse water baptism as being to me, a member of the one Body? Am I being disobedient?

YES, you would be disobedient to what Jesus commanded, and everyone in the church from the resurrection on who was saved in scripture was water baptized !

dodge

I have studied for years and I find MAD to be the most accurate -

P.J. , J.W.'s, Mormons, Roman Catholics, etc all make the same claim that only their belief is correct.

Where ALL cults go wrong is when they do not put Jesus first in EVERYTHING including the Gospel He brought, taught, and was crucified for.

All cults have someone other than Jesus they trust and follow. I never thought I would see those who claim the name of Christ Jesus ignore what He taught and elevate one of His Apostles above Him as do Madist.

dodge

If you have any issue pro or con relative to what I have posted, post it. Don't attack me. Attack the issue raised in my posts, not me.

That is EXACTLY how most ( not all ) Madist respond to scripture that destroys the lie of MAD. Old GM is a perfect example of a HYPOCRITE and liar.

dodge

Acts 10:35 KJV work, work, work!

So you believe that folks can live UN-righteous all they want and claim SALVATION ? Our ACTIONS FOR God ARE NOT WORK IT IS WHAT IS IN OUR HEART THAT IS EXPOSED either righteous living to please God or UN-righteous living to disobey God and love sin more than God. You can call it work to obey God, which does not attain salvation, saved folks want to please their Father and UN-saved folks obey their father.

SimpleMan77

That is EXACTLY how most ( not all ) Madist respond to scripture that destroys the lie of MAD. Old GM is a perfect example of a HYPOCRITE and liar.

Really interesting that some people come to a forum designed to discuss and debate ideas, and the only thing they are there for is to find people who agree with them.

If anyone offers scripture that they cannot explain, they insult them, call names (real mature) and threaten to "put them on the ignore list".

SaulToPaul 2

So you believe that folks can live UN-righteous all they want and claim SALVATION ? Our ACTIONS FOR God ARE NOT WORK IT IS WHAT IS IN OUR HEART THAT IS EXPOSED either righteous living to please God or UN-righteous living to disobey God and love sin more than God. You can call it work to obey God, which does not attain salvation, saved folks want to please their Father and UN-saved folks obey their father.

The truth is, we all fall somewhere in the middle.
So, how do you know who is saved and who isn't?

SimpleMan77

Acts 17 is before Acts 20.

:jawdrop:

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying that it's up to you or some modern theologian to determine when the book of Romans was written, and to conclude that everything spoken or written by Paul before the book of Romans is somehow in contradiction with his writings?

SaulToPaul 2

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying that it's up to you or some modern theologian to determine when the book of Romans was written, and to conclude that everything spoken or written by Paul before the book of Romans is somehow in contradiction with his writings?

If you study Acts and Romans side by side, you can know when Romans was written.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As I can see in Brother STPs post, Dodge the truth is having one mighty childish tantrum. I would expect nothing less from his kind. If you catch my drift? :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.