Status
Not open for further replies.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Oh, I get it! You're one of those people who cannot articulate
your thoughts, well! Everyone has their limitations, and that
happens to be yours!

I have limited wills. I have Captive Wills. I have Slaved Wills. What God wills, I will be.

With your unlimited free will, You're the Marowbe Almighty answering everyone's prayers on every page, everday.

bruce-almighty-typing-animated1.gif

JPPT1974

We need to ask in Christ like ways. Not to hurt them. But to agree to disagree. Meaning kill them with kindness. Yes even those that don't deserve it at times.

IMJerusha

Uh, I can't see that working out for more than what? Five minutes or two posts at best.

Now, IMJ and God's untruth or Meshak would do great together. Little worker bees basking in their own sweet honey comb. ;)

Life in the Ruach is so sweet! :)

You do know I am a proponent of the Triune nature of God?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have limited wills. I have Captive Wills. I have Slaved Wills. What God wills, I will be.

With your unlimited free will, You're the Marowbe Almighty answering everyone's prayers on every page, everday.

bruce-almighty-typing-animated1.gif

You need to remove that helmet! You're not getting enough
oxygen to your brain!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We are justified (forgiven) by belief (faith) in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, alone.

This justification by belief (faith) is the gift of God's grace. Ephesians 2:8-10

Salvation is the end result of our justification.

Salvation is not a reward earned by our believing the gospel.

Your (synergistic) statement above makes out that belief is a a human action (work) required to achieve/receive salvation, and such error is the reason why I present argument.

Hey Nang, what do you think of "Beloved57s" beliefs?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Originally Posted by glorydaz
He saves those who believe....He doesn't believe for us.

Agreed! Hooray!! :D

The above stated cause and effect, is biblically backwards . . .

I testify that all those Christ justified, will believe and be saved. . . not vice versa.

Belief (faith) is the efficacious effect of justification; not the cause.

Belief is not the cause of salvation, but the result of being saved by the grace of God.

IMJerusha

Eh, the church I attended from childhood to seventh grade was like that ... Free Will Baptist. They believed in predestination and that salvation could be lost. I think spending so many years as a member of that church contributed to my confusion in regards to Christianity and OSAS.

It's not that salvation can be lost in the sense that anyone can be taken away from Yeshua. It's that HaSatan can tempt believers away. We can choose to follow HaSatan or choose to remain in Yeshua.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Scripture does not disagree with itself. God Himself gave us the choice to believe or not (Deut. 30:19) so your interpretation of Hebrews 12:2 is not correct.

Deuteronomy 30:19 pertains to the terms of the old Covenant of Works.

Hebrews 12:2 reveals the terms of the New Covenant of Grace, which says Christ is the author of faith, and makes no mention of human choices (works) at all.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
If you don't know by now, you have not been reading TOL carefully enough.

The witless pot shots and buffoonery are a classic example of ad-lib mockery.

its horrid the manners and insults, ego-flame wars, its just so grieving the Spirit.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Scripture does not disagree with itself. God Himself gave us the choice to believe or not (Deut. 30:19) so your interpretation of Hebrews 12:2 is not correct.

The gospel is the good news that the God of the Universe, Jesus Christ, is willing to save completely and forever the one who draws near to Him in faith (Hebrews 7:25). God then perfects that faith as He conforms the believer to the image of Christ (Heb 12:2, Ro 8:29)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I wasn't trying to skirt around her point. The point of Meshak's that I was addressing is the fact that Yeshua is enough.

Some people here keep implying that Yeshua on earth is different from Yeshua risen, that His teaching changed post resurrection and that He gave new teaching to Paul to deliver to the world, the implication then being that Peter and other disciples were chopped liver. There is nothing in Scripture that states that or even implies it.

You didn't answer my question.
The followers experiences of Jesus after his death were defintely not the same as the authentic Jesus's unique voice print.

The theology around Jesus was overlayed onto his earthly existence after his death. It was expressed in metaphoric terms and not in factually correct terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.