Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

The followers experiences of Jesus after his death were defintely not the same as the authentic Jesus's unique voice print.

Yeshua is Yeshua is Yeshua before and after His death and resurrection. He is the Alpha and the Omega and all points between all at the same time. You imply that Paul's experience with Yeshua on the road to Damascus wasn't authentic. You betray the witness of Ananias and Peter with that POV.

The theology around Jesus was overlayed onto his earthly existence after his death. It was expressed in metaphoric terms and not in factually correct terms.

Hooey. Yeshua is Yeshua is Yeshua. No matter when He speaks His Word, we can take it to the bank, write checks on it and they'll clear.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hooey. Yeshua is Yeshua is Yeshua. No matter when He speaks His Word, we can take it to the bank, write checks on it and they'll clear.

Yea, so called Christians should honor His word instead of following their own denominational doctrines or organizational doctrine.

Because they don't honor His word, it shows in their fruit, conduct, on a daily bases here.

they are fighting over who is saved or not.

It is circus.

Thunder's Muse

Yea, so called Christians should honor His word instead of following their own denominational doctrines or organizational doctrine.

Because they don't honor His word, it shows in their fruit, conduct, on a daily bases here.

It is circus.

Check yourself

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
tumblr_m3ga16FrtZ1qbbpaoo1_500.jpg

IMJerusha

Deuteronomy 30:19 pertains to the terms of the old Covenant of Works.

No, it doesn't. It pertains to faith in God as opposed to faith in false gods. See Deut. 30:17 The covenant is the Law, the dictates of the faith and God's Will being outlined by it and obedience commanded.

Hebrews 12:2 reveals the terms of the New Covenant of Grace, which says Christ is the author of faith, and makes no mention of human choices (works) at all.

You're not understanding what is meant by Yeshua being the author of the faith. Look to John 1:3 for that. "Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." ALL things, including the Law. Yeshua took the place of that old covenant and just as before, we can choose to believe in Him or not.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

It is circus.

And you're the little ringleader that follows Jesus.

081215gollum_jesus_mormon.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
doing good

doing good

~*~*~

Adding from here, remember Jesus went about doing good, sharing the good news of God's kingdom, healing, loving, forgiving, encouraging, lifting up the downtrodden.

Are your words infused with Love, wisdom, encouragement, light, kindness, grace, goodness, humility?

'Do no harm' - this is a rule all can live by, since our words have power, and by our words we are justified or condemned. Your 'words' are your arbiters. Do no harm. We can share our views respectfully, with explanation, engaging dialogue...making it an interesting, rewarding, challenging adventure. Many different points of view exist which makes life wonderful.

Love.

pj

glorydaz

Pardon my asking but I'm very curious what you think "hope" means, in this context? A wishful, fingers-crossed uncertainty, or a settled, guaranteed assurance?

She won't answer because it absolutely IS a fingers-crossed hope for those relying on their own righteousness. "I hope He will never leave nor forsake me." "I hope I can convince God I'm good enough for Him". "I hope He is really a good shepherd who pulls me out of a hole when I fall into one." "I hope He won't kick me out like a red-headed step child just because I'm adopted." :sigh:

glorydaz

It's not that salvation can be lost in the sense that anyone can be taken away from Yeshua. It's that HaSatan can tempt believers away. We can choose to follow HaSatan or choose to remain in Yeshua.

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Why can't you say the same? :juggle:

Will the Good Shepherd allow the wolf to entice even ONE away? :juggle:

Do you know what it means to be "bought" and paid for by your Creator? It means we are HIS....not our own. Why do you stagger at the promises of God? You aren't persuaded that He is able to perform what He has promised? Then righteousness is not accounted to you.

Romans 4:20-22KJV
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Philippians 1:6KJV
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Thessalonians 5:23-25KJV
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

musterion

Originally Posted by IMJerusha
It's not that salvation can be lost in the sense that anyone can be taken away from Yeshua. It's that HaSatan can tempt believers away. We can choose to follow HaSatan or choose to remain in Yeshua.
Losing salvation = losing salvation, no matter how many ways one hypothesizes it can take place. Accepting the premise that WE can be somehow lose it automatically means WE must keep it from being lost by OUR works. That's a false gospel.

glorydaz

We are justified (forgiven) by belief (faith) in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, alone.

This justification by belief (faith) is the gift of God's grace. Ephesians 2:8-10

No, salvation is the gift. Saved by grace through faith....we don't save ourselves, but we access that grace by faith. Romans 5:2KJV What do you think "obey the truth" means? What do you think the obedience of faith is? What do you think the "hearing of faith" is?

Galatians 3:1-2KJV
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal. 3:6
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Salvation is the end result of our justification.

Salvation is not a reward earned by our believing the gospel.

Salvation is a GIFT and your scorn for the Gospel is duly noted.

Your (synergistic) statement above makes out that belief is a a human action (work) required to achieve/receive salvation, and such error is the reason why I present argument.

Incredible. Believing in gravity isn't a work....it's being persuaded by what we see with our eyes. Believing in thunder isn't a work....it's being persuaded by what we hear with our ears. Clearly, you don't believe the Gospel is the POWER of God unto salvation. That's sad. Did the death angel put the blood over the doorposts for the children of Israel or did they have to do that themselves? Access that grace through faith......revealed from faith to faith. Two are required for reconciliation, Nang, and God pleads with man to be reconciled....He doesn't do that for him.

This is what you miss....every single time. Man must respond to God's call....how shall they believe unless they hear? How shall they hear without a preacher?

2 Corinthians 5:20KJV
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

glorydaz

Why do you always take just some of God's Word and ignore the rest.

I don't, but you prove once again, that you are ignorant for making such a statement. :chew:

What do you think "Have hope" means?

It doesn't mean what you think it means obviously. The spiritual world is not like this world, IMJ, and the sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be. In this world, we are born and then we die...in the spiritual world we die and then we're born. Get it? Now, take Abraham....against all hope, he believed in hope....therefore he believed with his heart and not his head. Get it? Hope IS assurance to believers. It's only wishful thinking to unbelievers.

Romans 4:18-20KJV
Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;​

And you keep infusing our discussion with verses that have nothing to do with showing forth fruit but rather looking to our own work for salvation which I have never stated we should do. I am not a proponent for anyone being under the law for salvation. No believer in Yeshua can be. That covenant was broken. Yeshua is our new covenant.

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean I haven't told you. :nono:
Why don't you explain why it is HaSatan still works on you? If all is completed in you, Gdaz, why does HaSatan keep working on you and with some success?

Satan doesn't work on me, and you only prove, once again, that you have no spiritual understanding. He only goes about seeking whom he may devour, and he learned a long time ago, he can't touch me (believers need only resist and he flees). It is a good thing to actually believe what the Bible tells us. Satan's defeat at the cross really did happen. You'd do well to believe it. It's you false preachers who are the thorn in my flesh and even that doesn't keep me up at night.

Note: Paul's "thorn in the flesh" was not some sinful urge to have sex with some man. :nono:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, salvation is the gift. Saved by grace through faith....we don't save ourselves, but we access that grace by faith. Romans 5:2KJV What do you think "obey the truth" means? What do you think the obedience of faith is? What do you think the "hearing of faith" is?

Galatians 3:1-2KJV
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal. 3:6
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Salvation is a GIFT and your scorn for the Gospel is duly noted.

Incredible. Believing in gravity isn't a work....it's being persuaded by what we see with our eyes. Believing in thunder isn't a work....it's being persuaded by what we hear with our ears. Clearly, you don't believe the Gospel is the POWER of God unto salvation. That's sad. Did the death angel put the blood over the doorposts for the children of Israel or did they have to do that themselves? Access that grace through faith......revealed from faith to faith. Two are required for reconciliation, Nang, and God pleads with man to be reconciled....He doesn't do that for him.

This is what you miss....every single time. Man must respond to God's call....how shall they believe unless they hear? How shall they hear without a preacher?

2 Corinthians 5:20KJV
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

If you do not grasp salvation is based upon justification by faith in Christ's righteousness, alone, the rest of your synergistic arguments are empty, fallacious, and moot.

glorydaz

If you do not grasp salvation is based upon justification by faith in Christ's righteousness, alone, the rest of your synergistic arguments are empty, fallacious, and moot.

You mean the righteousness of God which is by faith OF CHRIST unto all and upon all them that believe, right? Or at least you would know that if you weren't just spewing out empty fallacious and moot words. Romans 3:22KJV

Your faith in Christ's righteousness isn't what justifies you....it only gives you access to His grace. There are two faiths, Nang, and yours is the little teeny tiny one (small but necessary)...from faith to faith really does mean something. Romans 1:17KJV

You'd know what I'm talking about if you actually read this verse and put off your religious glasses long enough to take it in. Gal. 2:16KJV

IMJerusha

Losing salvation = losing salvation, no matter how many ways one hypothesizes it can take place. Accepting the premise that WE can be somehow lose it automatically means WE must keep it from being lost by OUR works. That's a false gospel.

Yeah, the false gospel of Yeshua, right? :rolleyes: "If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up and thrown in to the fire and burned." John 15:6

Status
Not open for further replies.