Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Should one, while posting on tol, be sensitive to the emotional fragility of others and post in such a manner as to be sensitive to their feelings?

and no, i'm not talking about deliberately picking at a sore spot, like a disability or loss in the other poster's past

i'm talking about the normal type of discourse that has been happening on tol for the past fourteen years, where those with bizarre beliefs and behaviors, resistant to gentle language and persuasion, persist in their nonsense

iow, is truthsmacking passe?

False Prophet

In your own words:
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Should one, while posting on tol, be sensitive to the emotional fragility of others and post in such a manner as to be sensitive to their feelings?

and no, i'm not talking about deliberately picking at a sore spot, like a disability or loss in the other poster's past

i'm talking about the normal type of discourse that has been happening on tol for the past fourteen years, where those with bizarre beliefs and behaviors, resistant to gentle language and persuasion, persist in their nonsense

iow, is truthsmacking passe?
Are you expecting a response from Town?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Nope, it was false prophet's comment.

Meshak the false prophet did not write that...your denial of Gods anointed prophet is noted, just as you reject Gods plan of salvation given through His prophet Paul. You will never find salvation as long as you hang out at the kingdom hall. :plain:

musterion

Do all JW disrespect Paul's writings in the Bibile?

From what I've read of their writings, they twist and warp Pauline doctrine to align with the content of the four Gospels* and in so doing eliminate everything Paul said about salvation without works, etc, which is their whole point in doing it. I suspect Meshak knows she can't pull that one off here (too many people are too familiar with Pauline doctrine on TOL) so she just denies Paul flat-out so she doesn't need to deal with anything he wrote. Some JWs might privately agree with that but I suspect many would find her hatred of Paul quite extreme.

*By no means is the Watchtower alone in that, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.