Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Eh, the church I attended from childhood to seventh grade was like that ... Free Will Baptist. They believed in predestination and that salvation could be lost. I think spending so many years as a member of that church contributed to my confusion in regards to Christianity and OSAS.

Are you still confused Rusha? :idunno:

musterion

May I ask (not a loaded question), what did they tell you you had to do to be and/or stay saved? I think I already know but would like to hear it first hand, if you don't mind sharing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
May I ask (not a loaded question), what did they tell you you had to do to be and/or stay saved? I think I already know but would like to hear it first hand, if you don't mind sharing.

It was based on remaining sinless. A bad thought before death that was not repented from would send you to hell.

musterion

That's what I figured...works righteousness. You were presented with a false gospel, and I pray it has not fully inoculated you against the true Gospel, as it does to many. Thank you for your honesty.

glorydaz

Hebrews 12:2

Ah, we're playing the Hebrews game, I see. The worker bees will love this one....but it doesn't sit well with your claim, does it, Nang?

Hebrews 5:9KJV
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;​

Then again, it goes fine with the "obedience of faith".

Romans 16:26KJV
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

glorydaz

If a living death of self-focus rather than Christ-focus can be called "living," then yeah...I lived it.

That's the problem with all those who preach law keeping. They are so busy looking at themselves (and others) that they become obsessed with sin and the flesh. It's why Paul tells us to set our affections on things above.

musterion

That's the problem with all those who preach law keeping. They are so busy looking at themselves (and others) that they become obsessed with sin and the flesh. It's why Paul tells us to set our affections on things above.

Yep. You're constantly "fruit checking" yourself* for the evidence you're regenerated. Add on top of that the commonly accepted LIE that the old nature is eradicated and a young, ignorant believer is quickly discouraged if not destroyed in the Faith when they rediscover "besetting sins" that just won't lay down and die.

*and others, sooner or later

glorydaz

:idunno: On the brighter side, it is the church where I received my very first Bible from. I won it as a prize at Vacation Bible School. :D

Yeah, prizes are way cool....good attendance or reciting verses?

Gifts are even better than prizes...especially this one. :)

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

musterion

Please accept it, Rusha. It's already yours for the taking - bought and paid for in full. You don't even have to ask Him to give it to you. Just take it.

glorydaz

Yep. You're constantly "fruit checking" yourself* for the evidence you're regenerated. Add on top of that the commonly accepted LIE that the old nature is eradicated and a young, ignorant believer is quickly discouraged if not destroyed in the Faith when they rediscover "besetting sins" that just won't lay down and die.

*and others, sooner or later

That's the very reason we have been delivered from the law. NO condemnation to those IN CHRIST JESUS means just that.

Romans 8:1-3 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:​

Romans 8:9-10
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.​

Are we confident HE will perform what He began or not? Are we persuaded that HE is able to keep us or not? That's what belief is all about.

Philippians 1:6KJV
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Tim. 1:12KJV
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ah, we're playing the Hebrews game, I see. The worker bees will love this one....but it doesn't sit well with your claim, does it, Nang?

Hebrews 5:9KJV
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;​

Then again, it goes fine with the "obedience of faith".

Romans 16:26KJV
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

"Hebrew game?" I have no idea what you mean by this. I simply gave you scripture that reveals faith is authored and finished by Jesus Christ . . not by us.

Belief = faith.

Belief is a gift of God's grace.

Belief comes only from God.

Belief does not issue forth from our natural hearts, but is planted in our changed hearts by the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit.

All human responsibility before God was met and fulfilled in the Incarnate and Faithful Christ.

If God the Son had not assumed human flesh, and exhibited perfect belief and faithfulness to the Father, as a Man, there would be no church and not a single believer walking this earth.

For it is only by His grace sinners receive faith to believe and it is only by His divine Mediation and constant divine Intercession, any of us believe the gospel and persevere in faith.

No glory comes to us for believing. All glory is given to God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that any of us believe the gospel unto everlasting life.

glorydaz

"Hebrew game?" I have no idea what you mean by this. I simply gave you scripture that reveals faith is authored and finished by Jesus Christ . . not by us.

Belief = faith.

Belief is a gift of God's grace.

Belief comes only from God.

Belief does not issue forth from our hearts, but is planted in our hearts by the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit.

All human responsibility before God was met and fulfilled in the Incarnate and Faithful Christ.

If God the Son had not assumed human flesh, and exhibited perfect belief and faithfulness to the Father, as a Man, there would be no church and not a single believer walking this earth.

For it is only by His grace sinners receive faith to believe and it is only by His divine Mediation and constant divine Intercession, any of us believe the gospel and persevere in faith.

No glory comes to us for believing. All glory is given to God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, that any of us believe the gospel unto everlasting life.

My goodness, Nang. Salvation is the gift we receive when we believe.

You clearly don't want to discuss the verse I gave you....why is that?

As far as Jesus being the author and finisher of faith, you might want to read that verse in context...start with Hebrews 11.

Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,​

You've almost said as much right there in your post....that He is the first and last....the alpha and omega....the firstborn of every creature....before all things. NOT that He does the trusting or believing for us, but that He is the "captain" of that great cloud of witnesses. Read the context, and you won't be so prone to such errors as you preach.

Col. 1:15-18KJV
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
My goodness, Nang. Salvation is the gift we receive when we believe.

We are justified (forgiven) by belief (faith) in the righteousness of Jesus Christ, alone.

This justification by belief (faith) is the gift of God's grace. Ephesians 2:8-10

Salvation is the end result of our justification.

Salvation is not a reward earned by our believing the gospel.

Your (synergistic) statement above makes out that belief is a a human action (work) required to achieve/receive salvation, and such error is the reason why I present argument.

IMJerusha

So you think Paul doubted he would be resurrected? You equate that with salvation? You might want to rethink that.

Acts 24:15KJV
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.​

You need to do a little study on the difference between a prize and a gift, and then come back with a teachable spirit. (A schoolmaster serves peanut butter and jellie sandwiches in "school", doesn't he?)

Does it look like Paul had any doubt as to whether he was saved or not? Please stop looking for LOSS in every verse and look at the scriptures as a whole. :nono:

2 Tim. 1:9KJV
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,​

Why do you always take just some of God's Word and ignore the rest. What do you think "Have hope" means? And you keep infusing our discussion with verses that have nothing to do with showing forth fruit but rather looking to our own work for salvation which I have never stated we should do. I am not a proponent for anyone being under the law for salvation. No believer in Yeshua can be. That covenant was broken. Yeshua is our new covenant.
Why don't you explain why it is HaSatan still works on you? If all is completed in you, Gdaz, why does HaSatan keep working on you and with some success?

Status
Not open for further replies.