Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Spirit made me power it up cause God put the laptop on my lap. Why else would I have my laptop on my lap? You put God somewhere else so you can have the freewill all by yourself. You'll know what God is if you pay more attention to the present that is alive.

Huh?

musterion

TB is just another of that type of Calvinist who's not quite ready to come out and say what he really believes about God's workings toward man.

musterion

Calvinism makes me sad :(

Though they usually won't ever admit it, it makes lots of Calvinists sad too...the ones who can't quite convince themselves that they're of the Elect and so suffer in quiet despair that they really aren't saved but don't DARE admit it to anyone else, and so jump on the same old Religious Hamster Wheel of Service! Service! Service! to distract themselves from the agonizing doubt, hoping their desire to Serve! Serve! Serve! provides the good works evidence that they're really saved after all.

Ask me how I know all about this.

Thunder's Muse

Though they usually won't ever admit it, it makes lots of Calvinists sad too...the ones who can't quite convince themselves that they're of the Elect and so suffer in quiet despair that they really aren't saved but don't DARE admit it to anyone else. Ask me how I know all about this.

Something tells me you've lived it?

musterion

Sounds painful.
If you've never lived it, you have no idea...being unable to fully trust God because of the very doctrine which others convinced you most honors Him.

How did you find your way out?
I praise and thank God for those He sent my way, on a forum like this one, who patiently shared the largely ignored principle of 2 Timothy 2:15 with me.

musterion

It's not just my way, though. It's supposed to be the Way for all of us, without exception. If it were seen as such, TOL would not exist.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you've never lived it, you have no idea...being unable to fully trust God because of the very doctrine which others convinced you most honors Him.

I praise and thank God for those He sent my way, on a forum like this one, who patiently shared the largely ignored principle of 2 Timothy 2:15 with me.

Amen!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Though they usually won't ever admit it, it makes lots of Calvinists sad too...the ones who can't quite convince themselves that they're of the Elect and so suffer in quiet despair that they really aren't saved but don't DARE admit it to anyone else, and so jump on the same old Religious Hamster Wheel of Service! Service! Service! to distract themselves from the agonizing doubt, hoping their desire to Serve! Serve! Serve! provides the good works evidence that they're really saved after all.

Ask me how I know all about this.

Eh, the church I attended from childhood to seventh grade was like that ... Free Will Baptist. They believed in predestination and that salvation could be lost. I think spending so many years as a member of that church contributed to my confusion in regards to Christianity and OSAS.

musterion

If you were FWB, you're probably right because it is confused and self-contradictory (nor are they alone in that). Do keep in mind, please, that OSAS is NOT the same as Perseverance of the Saints (which you probably heard referred to) and must not be confused with it. OSAS is biblical, PotS is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.