How old is the earth?

How old is the earth?

• The earth is under 10,000 years old

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • The earth is around 4.5 billion years old.

Votes: 40 36.4%
  • The earth is somewhere in-between the above options

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • None of the above options (explain below)

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters

RELIGIONSUCKS

BANNED
Banned
REGARDING THE QUESTION: I do Not Think the age of the Earth is the Issue- THE AGE OF MAN is Clearly 6,000-6,500 Years Old (THAT is REALLY What YOUR ASKING)! THE EARTH Could be Zillions of Years old for All GOD CARES, He Technically did not have to CREATE Dirt to UTILIZE IT and Make something of it for Man to live on! DIRT will Never take over his Throne so I say HE DID NOT NEED TO CREATE IT! So I would Say by reason of the GAP THEORY and The AGE OF GOD (Never Had a Beginning!), That TIME was NON-EXISTANT at the Time of CONSTRUCTION, Therefore a CREATED EARTH is not Proper- a BIBLICAL RENEWED EARTH IS!!! He did NOT Say "BE" he PLANNED PURPOSED and DESIGNED by Seperating Existing Water and Land and Planting Plants Etc.! IT WAS ONLY DARK MATTER when He Arrived to Change it! HE ENTERED the Area as "THE LIGHT" and IT WAS THEN VISIBLE and Needed Work so For 6 Days He Worked with the Angels I am Sure to GIT R' DONE! The Idea that He SPOKE it Into existance is also LUDICRIS Since he Could have SPOKE IT into Existance in 7 MINUTES Probably! So AGAIN I reiterate- a UNFATHOMABLE TIME (UN-NUMBERED) Could Be The Answer to the Age of The Earth, since TIME Itself is a PROPERTY! The Further you Get UP Into Space Time Ceases to Exist, so TIME was the CREATED or The "BROUGHT TO LIFE" Factor of this EARTH Question! TIME was the Only Property Added to The Earth when He Entered the Space! WHY? Because GRAVITY from The MOON- WARMTH for GROWTH From The Sun and Therefore TIME Functions as a Property "NOW!" Thanks Everyone- This is MY FIRST POST- LOL!
JESUS IS CREATOR GOD- Need Proof? I GOT IT in The Scripture too!

RELIGIONSUCKS

BANNED
Banned
Here is Good Data- TIME is a PROPERTY and WE HAPPEN TO BE IN IT Right Now- IF YOU EXIST Higher Up and OUTSIDE OF TIME- The UN-IMAGINABLE and UN-FATHOMABLE Creator God Get sto Call The Shots and DESIGN Whatever He Wants and Then Put a TIME-TABLE ON IT Based on his ETERNALITY! He Then Allows the PEOPLE IN TIME to Hear what HE HAS TO SAY About Everything (GOD'S WORD: The Bible) and Based On Thier Response taht Man or Woman goes to STEP TWO- Heaven WITH HIM (NO TIME THERE) or HELL (ETERNAL TIME: Forever!) Hope your TIME CAPSULE is Set on ETERNITY and Not "Time" REASONING!

Chosen by God

BANNED by Knight
Banned
The Bible does not teach the age of the earth or cosmos, so any atempt using scripture to place age of the earth is merely a guess, theory, assumption, like most other Christian theology. I would trust science on this one as most Christians parrot the idiotic idea of a young earth based on some notion that lightspeed at one time (a pun) was infinite, again, abandoning all reason.

Chosen by God

BANNED by Knight
Banned
RELIGIONSUCKS said:
Here is Good Data- TIME is a PROPERTY and WE HAPPEN TO BE IN IT Right Now- IF YOU EXIST Higher Up and OUTSIDE OF TIME- The UN-IMAGINABLE and UN-FATHOMABLE Creator God Get sto Call The Shots and DESIGN Whatever He Wants and Then Put a TIME-TABLE ON IT Based on his ETERNALITY! He Then Allows the PEOPLE IN TIME to Hear what HE HAS TO SAY About Everything (GOD'S WORD: The Bible) and Based On Thier Response taht Man or Woman goes to STEP TWO- Heaven WITH HIM (NO TIME THERE) or HELL (ETERNAL TIME: Forever!) Hope your TIME CAPSULE is Set on ETERNITY and Not "Time" REASONING!
Time and space is the only method for cognizing events. Without time and space no events can happen. With no time and space the event of "being" cannot happen. For the event of existing to take place it is necessary for something to exist somewhere, this is only possible in time and space.

The whole reasoning that God exists outside of time and space is loony tune time. But of course for modern theology to work nothing can be logical.

Real Sorceror

Congradulations!

Congradulations!

RELIGIONSUCKS said:
Did Letsargue and Squeeky have a baby?
Why didnt anyone tell me?

One Eyed Jack

Chosen by God said:
The Bible does not teach the age of the earth or cosmos, so any atempt using scripture to place age of the earth is merely a guess, theory, assumption, like most other Christian theology. I would trust science on this one as most Christians parrot the idiotic idea of a young earth based on some notion that lightspeed at one time (a pun) was infinite, again, abandoning all reason.

How old are you? How old was your father when you were born? How old was his father when he was born? Assuming you know the answers to these questions, do you think someone could use that information to figure out when your grandfather was born? Apparently not. And you say we're the ones who have abandoned reason.

Real Sorceror

One Eyed Jack said:
How old are you? How old was your father when you were born? How old was his father when he was born? Assuming you know the answers to these questions, do you think someone could use that information to figure out when your grandfather was born? Apparently not. And you say we're the ones who have abandoned reason.
No. You could not use someone's age as an indicater of thier ancester's age.

fool

Hall of Fame
Real Sorceror said:
Not precisly by any stretch, but you can draw some reasonable upper and lower limits and bracket a patch in history. This is expressed in many fieldswith a +/- or a "circa".
This means that you can know for example that my son can't be older then me, and you can guess that I didn't have him when I was five. You can also be fairly certain that I didn't have him after I was dead (or say maybe I could have a son up to a year after I was dead if the dates were fuzzy and he came really late). With the frozen sperm and embryo stuff they got going on this may all change but those are not the norm and would only come into play since they invented that stuff.

One Eyed Jack

Real Sorceror said:

How old are you? How old was your father when you were born? How old was his father when he was born? If you know the answers to these questions, I can tell within a few years what year your grandfather was born.

Let's say you're 20. We're also going to assume your father was 20 when you were born, and his father was 20 when he was born (I'm trying to keep it simple in this example). That would mean your grandfather was born around 1946. See how that works?

GuySmiley

One Eyed Jack said:
How old are you? How old was your father when you were born? How old was his father when he was born? If you know the answers to these questions, I can tell within a few years what year your grandfather was born.

Let's say you're 20. We're also going to assume your father was 20 when you were born, and his father was 20 when he was born (I'm trying to keep it simple in this example). That would mean your grandfather was born around 1946. See how that works?
Now if you knew those ages precisely, would you have to put a +/- by it, or would you know the correct answer?

One Eyed Jack

GuySmiley said:
Now if you knew those ages precisely,

You mean like if I knew my dad was 27 years, 0 months, 2 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes, and 47 seconds older than me?

would you have to put a +/- by it, or would you know the correct answer?

I'd be dead on it. But such precise information is rarely available. I figure it's easier to just allow for being up to a year off either way for each generation, and let that be your margin of error.

GuySmiley

One Eyed Jack said:
You mean like if I knew my dad was 27 years, 0 months, 2 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes, and 47 seconds older than me?

I'd be dead on it. But such precise information is rarely available. I figure it's easier to just allow for being up to a year off either way for each generation, and let that be your margin of error.
That makes sense, but could you be . . . uh . . . say off by a factor of 1,000,000 times? ;)

Real Sorceror

One Eyed Jack said:

I see your logic, but it is fundamentaly flawed. What if someone started thier family at an ealier/later age. That would quickly throw off your numbers. Same thing if someone died prematurely. The more anomalies, the more your system loses accuracy, and the final result would be very incorrect.

Chosen by God

BANNED by Knight
Banned
One Eyed Jack said:

Would you take a parable literal? Why read more into Genesis than is there? I seriously doubt if Genesis was intended to date the age of the earth. The speed of light and the size of the cosmos proves that the standard understanding of scripture is in error. Not the Scripture is in error but your understanding of what scripture means and how to use it gives the error. In fact If you really are a right winger then you more than likely don't have the foggest of what scripture is about and this genesis dispute is only the tip of your iceburg of error.

I think Genesis is not about when the earth was made but who made it. .

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The Bible does not say how old the earth is. The Bible does not say that the earth was created 6,000 years ago.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Chosen by God said:
Would you take a parable literal? Why read more into Genesis than is there? I seriously doubt if Genesis was intended to date the age of the earth. The speed of light and the size of the cosmos proves that the standard understanding of scripture is in error. Not the Scripture is in error but your understanding of what scripture means and how to use it gives the error. In fact If you really are a right winger then you more than likely don't have the foggest of what scripture is about and this genesis dispute is only the tip of your iceburg of error.
My, my! A left-winger accusing a right-winger of letting politics drive his Scriptural interpretation. :shocked: Pot calls Kettle black. News! :darwinsm:
I think Genesis is not about when the earth was made but who made it. .
Is that a left-wing POV? :chuckle:

Is Genesis a parable? If you believe so, then declare this parable unto us!