Honor God's Son or Perish

Robert Pate

Banned
So you are saying that I am in spiritual darkness due to "evil deeds". What "evil deeds" are you referring to? Also, what "light" do I hate and not come to?

You are in spiritual darkness because of unbelief.

You need to come to the light, John 3:21.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

fishrovmen

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Unbelief of what? And who told you that I haven't come to the light?
This is why I asked you what bible version, if any, that you use because the verses that surround your cut and paste entries explain what true darkness is.
How can I have not come to the light if I attend church services regularly without shame, lead those services singing, reading the word and praying week after week for all to see?
And you still haven't explained what "evil deeds" I habitually practice.

fishrovmen

The point I am trying to make, Robert, is that you claim that all someone needs to do is "call on the name of the Lord" to be saved. Nothing more, as you post ad nauseum.
So, if I already do that at the very least once weekly, and I am still not saved, that makes your posts false.

beloved57

Honor Gods Son or Perish

This is works Salvation. It promotes not perishing by something the sinner must do. It doesnt matter if Christ died for the sinner, unless that sinner does something, Christs death becomes ineffective towards that sinner Christ died for !

Robert Pate

Banned
Unbelief of what? And who told you that I haven't come to the light?
This is why I asked you what bible version, if any, that you use because the verses that surround your cut and paste entries explain what true darkness is.
How can I have not come to the light if I attend church services regularly without shame, lead those services singing, reading the word and praying week after week for all to see?
And you still haven't explained what "evil deeds" I habitually practice.

It is quite obvious that you are trusting in yourself.

You need to trust in Christ for your salvation.

Robert Pate

Banned
Okay, if it is "quite obvious" that I am trusting in myself then you should have no problem providing evidence of such.
Fire away Robert!

You are religious. You have been led to believe that what you do is what makes you a Christian.

Paul said, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith, not works or religion is what justifies. If you had faith in Christ and his Gospel you would not need religion. Renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone to save you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Genesis 4:26 And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the name of the LORD.​

There is nothing new about calling on the name of the Lord.

fishrovmen

You are religious. You have been led to believe that what you do is what makes you a Christian.

Paul said, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith, not works or religion is what justifies. If you had faith in Christ and his Gospel you would not need religion. Renounce your worthless religion and trust in Christ alone to save you.

Find me one quote where I ever denied justification by faith, or ever said I didn't need Christ for salvation. Substantiate your claims Robert.

fishrovmen

Okay, if it is "quite obvious" that I am trusting in myself then you should have no problem providing evidence of such.
Fire away Robert!

ev·i·dence
/ˈevədəns/

noun

1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid:

Robert Pate

Banned
Find me one quote where I ever denied justification by faith, or ever said I didn't need Christ for salvation. Substantiate your claims Robert.

It is very evident that you are very religious.

RELIGION: Man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, (himself) who is a sinner.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

RELIGION: Man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, (himself) who is a sinner.

That's just your religion, it's not the pure and undefiled religion of our High Priest.

fishrovmen

So far Robert, you have not answered me what bible version you use, what evil deeds I habitually practice, you have not shown any evidence how I have not "come to the light", how I deny justification by faith, my claims of not needing Jesus as a savior, you have not explained how a person can "only call on the name of the Lord to be saved", yet still be lost.
I already defined the word "evidence" for you in the post above.
Since it is "so VERY obvious" that I am trusting in myself, then you should surely be able cut and paste, at the very least, even one quote where I have stated such.
I would also ask you what dictionary you use that defines the word religion as "mans spiritual preoccupation with self" but you already have severe problems answering the previous questions.

Last edited:

chair

This is what salvation is all about. God is zealous for his Son Jesus Christ and will only save those that honor his Son by believing and having faith in him...

Nasty vicious god you have there. I sometimes wonder if people create god in their own image.

Ben Masada

Honor God's Son or perish

Honor God's Son or perish

Honor God's Son or perish.

Agreed, no doubt but, take a look at Proverbs 30:40. "Who has ascended heaven and come down? HaShem. Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of His hand? HaShem. Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? HaShem. Who has established all the extremities of the earth? HaShem. What is His name or His Son's name if you know it?" Yahweh is His name and, the name of His son is Israel if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me." Now, who said that, individually, Jesus was the son of God? Paul did it if you read Acts 9:20. Now, you have a choice, either to believe in HaShem or in Paul. Last, but not least, here is how you can honor God's Son. "The Lord blesses those who bless His Son and curses those who curse him. (Gen. 27:29)

beloved57

Honor God's Son or perish.

Agreed, no doubt but, take a look at Proverbs 30:40. "Who has ascended heaven and come down? HaShem. Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of His hand? HaShem. Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? HaShem. Who has established all the extremities of the earth? HaShem. What is His name or His Son's name if you know it?" Yahweh is His name and, the name of His son is Israel if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me." Now, who said that, individually, Jesus was the son of God? Paul did it if you read Acts 9:20. Now, you have a choice, either to believe in HaShem or in Paul. Last, but not least, here is how you can honor God's Son. "The Lord blesses those who bless His Son and curses those who curse him. (Gen. 27:29)

What about the golden calf choice ?