Honor God's Son or Perish

beloved57

God has ALREADY reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

The sins of the world have ALREADY been atoned for, 1 John 2:2.

So that... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Be honest, don't you teach that God will yet execute Divine Justice and punishment on sinners Christ died for ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Be honest, don't you teach that God will yet execute Divine Justice and punishment on sinners Christ died for ?

Only because like you they don't believe. They deserve hell just like you.

Its like pulling a drowning man out of the sea, only to have him spit in your face.

beloved57

Only because like you they don't believe. They deserve hell just like you.

Its like pulling a drowning man out of the sea, only to have him spit in your face.

Then you make God unjust. Those Christ died for, Christ paid the penalty for their sins already, and He obeyed the law for them and made them righteous before God.

KingdomRose

This is what salvation is all about. God is zealous for his Son Jesus Christ and will only save those that honor his Son by believing and having faith in him. Religion, whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or whatever religion does not honor God's Son. Calvinism insults God's Son by denying that he is the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2. Catholicism does not believe that Jesus saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. You must participate in your salvation.

"God so loved YOU that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

We honor God's Son by believing and trusting in him to save us. Christianity is a very personal thing because it is about how we respond to the Gospel. Some hear and believe, others hear, but it is not meaningful to them.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard, but they did not believe. How one can hear that Christ died on the cross for their sins and not respond is a mystery to me? I did not become a Christian until I was 34 years old. I heard many times that Christ died on the cross for my sins, I just simply brushed it off. I was having to much fun being a lost sinner. But then the reality that Christ shed his blood for me became a truth that I could not escape and I was converted to Christ.

Isaiah brings it home us when he said, "He is despised and rejected of men; a man or sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid our faces from him: he was despised, and we esteemed him not, surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did not esteem him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of his peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed" Isaiah 53:3-5.

If you can read that and not be moved by it, its because you are spiritually dead. If you had been the only person on this earth, Christ would have died for you, its that personal.

There is more to "believing" than just accepting the fact that Jesus is mankind's Savior. "The demons believe and shudder" (James 2:19). Or do we disregard the words of James? It is false to insist that "we have no participation in our salvation."

Jesus said that he who DOES the will of God will be saved (Matthew 7:21). Hello. Jesus indicates that we have to participate.

Of course we have to believe that Christ died for our sins. That is number one on the list, so to speak. But in order to NOT be like the demons who believe (but shudder), we have to go forward with our ACTIONS, to follow Christ in what we DO. (I Peter 2:21) How you can dismiss THAT I find unbelievable.

I read Isaiah 53 and am greatly moved. There is no disputing that in my mind. It is sad that you reject a great deal of the Bible, some of which I cited above.

KingdomRose

Pate

Every Elect sinner 1 Pet. 1:2 when they are Born Again, are given Faith John 3:27; Gal. 5:22 to Believe in Christ Phil. 1:29 because He has already fulfilled all the conditions for them as their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, before the foundation of the world, according to God's Eternal Purpose of Redemption in Christ Eph. 3:11; Rev. 13:8.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Therefore, the World that God Loved and gave His only begotten Son for John 3:16 is not all of humanity, but the Elect World exclusively, which was Chosen in Union with Christ and Predestined to the Adoption of Sons by Jesus Christ to Himself before the foundation Eph. 1:4-11.

~~~~

Boy are you confused. Don't you understand that Christ would never have had to come here and die for us if Adam had remained obedient? No one was ever meant to have to die for mankind's sins. When Adam was created, he was created perfect and with the purpose of living forever right here on Earth (Deut.32:4; Isaiah 45:18; Genesis 1:28; 2:15). If Adam had obeyed, he would still be here. God said that he would die only if he ate of the tree that He had reserved for Himself.

Are you saying that God had always planned to have Christ come to save mankind, even before creating humans? That is ridiculous.

"The world" (2Tim.1:9) is the world of mankind ALIENATED FROM GOD, as the Apostle John references at I John 2:15-17. It began after Adam rebelled and with the birth of Cain. That is when "the world" began, and God had immediately planned for a Redeemer the moment Adam disobeyed. That is why it is said that God "called us with a holy calling...before the world began." When Adam sinned, Jehovah planned humans' salvation by means of Christ and his co-rulers (Daniel 7:13,14 & 18; Revelation 5:10).

These co-rulers were not identified individually, but their special CLASS was preordinated. God knows these ones by name now, but then He only had preordained that there would be a certain number of people who would rule with Christ.

The "world" that God loved (John 3:16) is the entire world of mankind that has existed since Cain, and God does love every human regardless of their faith or lack of it. To love someone doesn't mean that you do not carry out the stated consequences of disobedience. You need to rethink your unscriptural viewpoints.

Nanja

Boy are you confused.

Yes you are.

Actually, you're blinded to the Truth.

2 Cor. 4:3-4
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

~~~

Ben Masada

Galatians 2:2 NASB - 2 It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain.

...and miss the treat he was promised for behaving well.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus has reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

However, this act of reconciliation is not ours until it is received, This is why Paul said, "We pray you in Christ's stead, BE YE RECONCILED UNTO GOD" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

Ben Masada

Jesus has reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

However, this act of reconciliation is not ours until it is received, This is why Paul said, "We pray you in Christ's stead, BE YE RECONCILED UNTO GOD" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

In Christ's stead or in Christ's instead? As I can see, Paul either had the power as Christ himself or because
Jesus was dead already and he would speak in his place. Either way, Paul was acting as Christ himself. Hence,it
was according to the gospel of Paul that Jesus was of the lineage of David, the son of God and had resurrected.
(II Timothy 2:8 and Acts 9:20)

Robert Pate

Banned
In Christ's stead or in Christ's instead? As I can see, Paul either had the power as Christ himself or because
Jesus was dead already and he would speak in his place. Either way, Paul was acting as Christ himself. Hence,it
was according to the gospel of Paul that Jesus was of the lineage of David, the son of God and had resurrected.
(II Timothy 2:8 and Acts 9:20)

You are in deep denial that Jesus is the Christ and is the savior of the world. You might as well be an atheist. It might be better for you in the judgment if you were.

beloved57

You are in deep denial that Jesus is the Christ and is the savior of the world. You might as well be an atheist. It might be better for you in the judgment if you were.

You may as well be an atheist since the christ you serve can't save sinners.lol

Robert Pate

Banned
There is more to "believing" than just accepting the fact that Jesus is mankind's Savior. "The demons believe and shudder" (James 2:19). Or do we disregard the words of James? It is false to insist that "we have no participation in our salvation."

Jesus said that he who DOES the will of God will be saved (Matthew 7:21). Hello. Jesus indicates that we have to participate.

Of course we have to believe that Christ died for our sins. That is number one on the list, so to speak. But in order to NOT be like the demons who believe (but shudder), we have to go forward with our ACTIONS, to follow Christ in what we DO. (I Peter 2:21) How you can dismiss THAT I find unbelievable.

I read Isaiah 53 and am greatly moved. There is no disputing that in my mind. It is sad that you reject a great deal of the Bible, some of which I cited above.

The will of the Father is that you believe on his Son Jesus Christ.

The work of salvation has already been done by the doing and the dying of Jesus. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. To believe that you must do works to be saved is a denial of the Gospel.