Honor God's Son or Perish

Robert Pate

Banned
This is what salvation is all about. God is zealous for his Son Jesus Christ and will only save those that honor his Son by believing and having faith in him. Religion, whether it be the Calvinist religion, the Catholic religion or whatever religion does not honor God's Son. Calvinism insults God's Son by denying that he is the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2. Catholicism does not believe that Jesus saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. You must participate in your salvation.

"God so loved YOU that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

We honor God's Son by believing and trusting in him to save us. Christianity is a very personal thing because it is about how we respond to the Gospel. Some hear and believe, others hear, but it is not meaningful to them.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard, but they did not believe. How one can hear that Christ died on the cross for their sins and not respond is a mystery to me? I did not become a Christian until I was 34 years old. I heard many times that Christ died on the cross for my sins, I just simply brushed it off. I was having to much fun being a lost sinner. But then the reality that Christ shed his blood for me became a truth that I could not escape and I was converted to Christ.

Isaiah brings it home us when he said, "He is despised and rejected of men; a man or sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid our faces from him: he was despised, and we esteemed him not, surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did not esteem him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of his peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed" Isaiah 53:3-5.

If you can read that and not be moved by it, its because you are spiritually dead. If you had been the only person on this earth, Christ would have died for you, its that personal.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

The Christians brought out of Egypt were short on faith and will not be in God's kingdom.

It's not automatic.

Nanja

Pate
God is zealous for his Son Jesus Christ and will only save those that honor his Son by believing and having faith in him.

Every Elect sinner 1 Pet. 1:2 when they are Born Again, are given Faith John 3:27; Gal. 5:22 to Believe in Christ Phil. 1:29 because He has already fulfilled all the conditions for them as their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, before the foundation of the world, according to God's Eternal Purpose of Redemption in Christ Eph. 3:11; Rev. 13:8.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Therefore, the World that God Loved and gave His only begotten Son for John 3:16 is not all of humanity, but the Elect World exclusively, which was Chosen in Union with Christ and Predestined to the Adoption of Sons by Jesus Christ to Himself before the foundation Eph. 1:4-11.

~~~~

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pate

Every Elect sinner 1 Pet. 1:2 when they are Born Again, are given Faith John 3:27; Gal. 5:22 to Believe in Christ Phil. 1:29 because He has already fulfilled all the conditions for them as their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, before the foundation of the world, according to God's Eternal Purpose of Redemption in Christ Eph. 3:11; Rev. 13:8.

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Therefore, the World that God Loved and gave His only begotten Son for John 3:16 is not all of humanity, but the Elect World exclusively, which was Chosen in Union with Christ and Predestined to the Adoption of Sons by Jesus Christ to Himself before the foundation Eph. 1:4-11.

~~~~

When you plant a garden, is it predestined to bear fruit?

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
When you plant a garden, is it predestined to bear fruit?

LA

"Predestined" is a biblical and theological term, that is overused and often wrongly applied. Even John Calvin was guilty of over-usage of this term, IMO.

Whether a planting bears fruit, depends upon the Planter properly preparing "good soil" to receive and nurture the Seed.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate

~~~~

The only way that you can sustain your Calvinist beliefs is to screw with the scriptures.

Jesus claims to be the savior of the world, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47.

You rob God of his glory and make his Son a failure. And worse than that you make God a liar.

Nanja

When you plant a garden, is it predestined to bear fruit? LA

If you are comparing all of humanity to a garden, then you must remember the scriptures which speak of God planting wheat, and the devil sowing tares. Mat. 13:38-43; Mat. 13:30.

~~~~

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Predestined" is a biblical and theological term, that is overused and often wrongly applied. Even John Calvin was guilty of over-usage of this term, IMO.

Whether a planting bears fruit, depends upon the Planter properly preparing "good soil" to receive and nurture the Seed.

True.

So much depends on what men do or do not do.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only way that you can sustain your Calvinist beliefs is to screw with the scriptures.

Jesus claims to be the savior of the world, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47.

You rob God of his glory and make his Son a failure. And worse than that you make God a liar.

Golly he must be something to make God a liar.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
True.

So much depends on what men do or do not do.

LA

It is the will of God that the Gospel be proclaimed through human agency (preaching). Any teachings that eliminate human accountability and spiritual responsibility in this regard, faces the danger of falling into theological error.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is the will of God that the Gospel be proclaimed through human agency (preaching). Any teachings that eliminate human accountability and spiritual responsibility in this regard, faces the danger of falling into theological error.

Are you agreeing that much depends on what man does, particularly believers, or do you believe God has predestined their actions.

LA

Nanja

Yes, while men slept.

God does whatever He pleases with His Creation.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

This is proof that God does not desire all men without exception to be saved, but yet they are not!

~~~~

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God does whatever He pleases with His Creation.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

This is proof that God does not desire all men without exception to be saved, but yet they are not!

~~~~
1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

It is Gods will that all men be saved, but not all men will be.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If God wanted all mankind without exception to come to the knowledge of the Truth,
then why did He hide or conceal it from the wise and prudent Luke 10:21?

~~~~

God made a decision based on what man does, thus proving that God's will is not always done.

LA

beloved57

la

It is Gods will that all men be saved, but not all men will be.

Blasphemy ! Job 23:13