GUNS!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I shot a box of .22 BB caps way back when - no powder, just the primer.

I don't remember being impressed enough to buy a second box. :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://riflestocks.com/store/

Effective Immediately!!

Due to the recent changes in 2nd Amendment laws that are pending or currently enforced by states across the country, the J&T Family of Companies which includes J&T Distributing, DoubleStar Corp., Ace Limited, and the DoubleStar Training Academy has been forced to reassess our policies regarding government and law enforcement sales. Effective immediately, the J&T Family of Companies will be joining other manufacturers and distributors by ceasing sales of regulated items in states that have altered the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms.

The JTFOC will no longer sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies or any government agencies in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their law abiding citizens. We hope other companies will join us with their support. We applaud those already involved with this effort to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

Be Victorious​

:up:

As far as I know here is the list.....
BadgerPeak, BarrettFirearms, BigHorn Armory, BravoCompany USA, CheaperThan Dirt, CitizenArms, ClarkFork Tactical, CMMGInc, ControlledChaos Arms, CrusaderWeaponry, DoublestarCorp, EFILLC – Extreme Firepower, EvolutionWeaponry, ExileMachine, HuntertownArms, JCWIndustries, KissTactical, LaRue Tactical, MidwayUSA, NEMOArms, NortonFirearms, OFATactical, OldGrouch’s Military Surplus, OlympicArms, Inc, OneSource Tactical, PrimaryWeapons Systems, RockyTop Tactical, SRTArms, TemplarCustom, TemplarTactical Arms, TierOne Arms, TopGun Supply, YorkArms>

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://riflestocks.com/store/

Effective Immediately!!

Due to the recent changes in 2nd Amendment laws that are pending or currently enforced by states across the country, the J&T Family of Companies which includes J&T Distributing, DoubleStar Corp., Ace Limited, and the DoubleStar Training Academy has been forced to reassess our policies regarding government and law enforcement sales. Effective immediately, the J&T Family of Companies will be joining other manufacturers and distributors by ceasing sales of regulated items in states that have altered the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms.

The JTFOC will no longer sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies or any government agencies in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their law abiding citizens. We hope other companies will join us with their support. We applaud those already involved with this effort to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

Be Victorious​

:up:
That is fantastic! Unfortunately each of those government agencies will have no trouble buying their "assault rifles", Glocks and high capacity mags from overseas.

at-logo.gif

February 24, 2013

Senators close to deal on background checks for gun sales

Rick Moran

A bi-partisan group of Senators are close to a deal on requiring background checks for most gun sales. A sticking point appears to be a requirement that records of gun sales be kept by dealers and individuals.

Washington Post:
The talks, led by two Democrats and two Republicans, are expected to earn more GOP support in the coming days and likely enough to move the bill through the Senate, according to senior aides of both parties who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

"These negotiations are challenging, as you'd expect on an issue as complicated as guns," the chief negotiator, Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), said in a statement Saturday. "But all of the senators involved are approaching this in good faith. We are all serious about wanting to get something done, and we are going to keep trying."

Resolution of whether to keep records of private sales is key to earning the support of one of the Republicans involved in the talks, Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn, who has a solid A-rating from the influential National Rifle Association and could provide political cover for lawmakers of both parties who are wary of supporting the plan.

Coburn has declined to comment on the talks, saying recently that "I don't negotiate through the press."

Democrats say that keeping records of private sales is necessary to enforce any new law and because current federal law requires licensed firearm dealers to keep records. Records of private sales also would help law enforcement trace back the history of a gun used in a crime, according to Democratic aides. Republicans, however, believe that records of private sales could put an undue burden on gun owners or could be perceived by gun rights advocates as a precursor to a national gun registry.
The NRA is going to fight this, but listen to Chuck Schumer when he says "We are all serious about wanting to get something done..." This is all about "getting something done" whether it works or not. There are going to be just enough Republicans in the Senate and probably the House who want to "get something done" enough to vote for background checks.

At this point, there isn't much else from Obama's gun control agenda that could pass both houses. The magazine restrictions has a small chance in the Senate but none in the House. The assault weapons ban is a dead issue. There may be some tweaking of the national database with regard to the mentally ill, and better record keeping of criminals, but that's an easy sale.

For all the sound and fury, gun control, as envisioned by the president, isn't going anywhere.

Goodbye California, Hello Texas: Gun Retailer Announces Move
Mar 01, 2013 02:00 PM EST

When it comes to gun laws, California is vying to have the strictest in the nation. It comes as no surprise, then, that the state is not a particularly business-friendly environment for those in the gun industry.

And so Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s wishes are beginning to come true:
Shield Tactical, a California retailer and firearms training provider, has decided to ‘get the heck out of Dodge’ — and move to Texas.

John W. Harrington founded Shield Tactical in 2008, but with California’s hard-line stance on gun control, he decided the state was no longer a good place for his business. Harrington, originally from Texas, said it was finally “time to go home.”
“The state of California treats all businesses as necessary evils,” he told Red Alert. “They treat those of us in the gun business as just evil. They make it very clear that they don’t want us there. It’s just that simple.”
As new gun control measures are being advanced in state legislatures across the nation, Gov. Perry has been trying to lure gun and ammunition manufacturers to set up shop in the Lone Star State—even making a recruitment trip out to California to do so. Although Shield Tactical didn’t make the decision based on the governor’s efforts alone, Harrington said, “it didn’t hurt.”
Harrington hasn’t calculated the total cost of the relocation — which will not include their training division — but he expects it to be “in the tens of thousands.” He considers the investment “well worth it,” if only for the attention it has brought to the cause of gun rights advocates.
Meanwhile, Beretta and Magpul are also considering parting ways with Maryland and Colorado, respectively.

I seem to be missing something :idunno:

Yes, you are. You still need a 3-D CAD model of the one essential part. And if you do come up with the CAD model, you'll still end up with a plastic part with no idea how long it will last. There IS another way.

You buy an unfinished lower receiver that you'll have to drill and tap. It is legal for you to buy and finish that part so long as you don't sell it to someone else. Basically, you'll have an AR or AK that does not have a serial number.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, you are. You still need a 3-D CAD model of the one essential part. And if you do come up with the CAD model, you'll still end up with a plastic part with no idea how long it will last. There IS another way.

You buy an unfinished lower receiver that you'll have to drill and tap. It is legal for you to buy and finish that part so long as you don't sell it to someone else. Basically, you'll have an AR or AK that does not have a serial number.

I have read a little bit about bending flats and doing builds, but I had no idea where he was going with the 3 D printer.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I have read a little bit about bending flats and doing builds, but I had no idea where he was going with the 3 D printer.

Bending flats is for AK's etc...AR's require precision milling from a block of aluminum....:think: Until recently.

The initial trys with 3D printers producing an AR lower (The CAD drawings are all over the web..you just have to know where to look.) were only good for a shot or two before they broke. Then someone produced one which lasted for six rounds...Just recently one was produced which was good for an unprecedented two hundred rounds.
As people keep experimenting with different polymers I would imagine this will get more and more common...Unless the Government shuts things down first...Of course no matter what they do to produce a lower; steel/alloys will still be required for things like the barrel/chamber/springs/bolt carriers...etc. Right now though people are mainly interested in generating cheap untraceable reproductions of government regulated parts...like lowers...and (maybe soon) magazines without requiring any skill whatsoever.

IOW...My comment was kind of tongue-in-cheek regarding the utility of a 3D printer for Nicks problem. I really didn't expect it to go this far. :plain:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bending flats is for AK's etc...AR's require precision milling from a block of aluminum....:think: Until recently.

The initial trys with 3D printers producing an AR lower (The CAD drawings are all over the web..you just have to know where to look.) were only good for a shot or two before they broke. Then someone produced one which lasted for six rounds...Just recently one was produced which was good for an unprecedented two hundred rounds.
As people keep experimenting with different polymers I would imagine this will get more and more common...Unless the Government shuts things down first...Of course no matter what they do to produce a lower; steel/alloys will still be required for things like the barrel/chamber/springs/bolt carriers...etc. Right now though people are mainly interested in generating cheap untraceable reproductions of government regulated parts...like lowers...and (maybe soon) magazines without requiring any skill whatsoever.

IOW...My comment was kind of tongue-in-cheek regarding the utility of a 3D printer for Nicks problem. I really didn't expect it to go this far. :plain:
I just heard of one going for 1000 rounds... but then they ran out of ammo. I guess they'll get more ammo and see how far it goes.

We probably read the same article about building a lower receiver from a 3-D printer. These printers are not cheap. They are worth more than the guns they would build. My understanding may be off, but I believe 3-D printers are somewhat the same as SLA machines. The SLA machines I used could build whatever parts I designed so long as I gave the machine an *.stl file format of the CAD part. SLA parts made this way are rigid plastic, but they are somewhat susceptible to UV. I imagine 3-D printers have solved that issue.

I have seen sheet metal stampings that can be turned into an AK receiver and AR receivers that just need drilling and tapping. The nice thing about these for the machining enthusiast is that you can mail order the parts. I haven't done it because I don't have a break for bending the sheet metal or a decent drill press or mill for the AR unfinished receiver.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I had a friend who got busted by the BATF for making guns in his machine shop. He got off with fines, but it was scary. They surprise raided his house. He came out on the porch after answering the door and lots of guys with guns had his house surrounded. I would check laws carefully. He was definitely breaking some rules though. (he died from a brain tumor about 10 years ago)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I had a friend who got busted by the BATF for making guns in his machine shop. He got off with fines, but it was scary. They surprise raided his house. He came out on the porch after answering the door and lots of guys with guns had his house surrounded. I would check laws carefully. He was definitely breaking some rules though. (he died from a brain tumor about 10 years ago)

Hey that's cool...Nowadays they break down your door at 2:00 am. and shoot your dog :plain:

Good advice.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I'm going to guess he got busted for breaking the rules rather than for making guns. He was probably either building weapons that required a tax stamp, without getting one first, or selling them.