GUNS!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, use plain hardball in your 45ACP, but use the same weight defense bullet!

I got a batch of semi- wadcutters from a guy one time that weighed in at 183 grns. I loaded those for my 45 ACP and I can't say I could tell a lot of difference in recoil, as compared to 230 grn. Of course my 45 weighs about as much as a cordless screw gun, so recoil isn't much of an issue anyway.

Nazaroo

*sigh*...only criminals and police (other criminals) are allowed to have guns in Canada.

We have no actual "rights" to defend ourselves here,
especially against gay parades and feminazi hostile takeovers.

Choleric

The list is growing.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwy...-makers-refusing-sales-govt-firearms-equality

On February 22, "Right Views" reported that a growing number of firearm companies have suspended the sale of guns to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

In just two weeks, the number of companies participating in what has been named the "Firearms Equality Movement," has more than tripled from 34 companies to 118.

The Police Loophole lists every company and links to the statements that each has released regarding their new policies.

Wilson Combat, a custom pistol manufacturer located in Berryville, Arkansas, joined the movement on February 28 stating the following:

"Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes on the second amendment rights of its law abiding citizens. This includes any Law Enforcement Department, Law Enforcement Officers, or any State Government Entity or Employee of such an entity. This also applies to any local municipality imposing such infringements."

Wilson Combat is a heavy hitter. Good to know...

Sweet! Good to see this type of movement going on!

Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak

Giffords.png

Mark Kelly's campaign against "assault weapons" such as the AR-15 rifle has sparked a local backlash. On March 13, a Tucson, Arizona radio host published a photograph of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords holding an AR-15 rifle at a gun range. Giffords has since confirmed that the photograph is authentic.

Read more: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...ly-s-AR-15-Stunt-Provokes-Giffords-Photo-Leak

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In Giffords' defense, I can't promise that being shot in the head wouldn't change my perspecive on guns a little bit.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
In Giffords' defense, I can't promise that being shot in the head wouldn't change my perspecive on guns a little bit.

If you were stabbed would there be a similar response? :plain:

*That having been said I wish they would keep her out of it....She hasn't advocated anything except keeping firearms out of the hands of nut-cases which we all agree with (even though we don't agree on the way this is best accomplished)...It's her husband which has demonstrated that he is an inept hypocrite not her. I see no reason to even bring her into it at this point. :plain:

*Edit: I retract my previous statement. She and her husband are co-founders of this group: http://americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/ which has been actively pushing for the AWB. As far as I'm concerned she is as big a hypocrite as her husband.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you were stabbed would there be a similar response? :plain:

That having been said I wish they would keep her out of it....She hasn't advocated anything except keeping firearms out of the hands of nut-cases which we all agree with (even though we don't agree on the way this is best accomplished)...It's her husband which has demonstrated that he is an inept hypocrite not her.
I would hope to respond logically and not emotionally. I just don't find it surprising that the victim of a violent crime, or her family would respond emotionally.
I see no reason to even bring her into it at this point. :plain:

:up:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I would hope to respond logically and not emotionally. I just don't find it surprising that the victim of a violent crime, or her family would respond emotionally.

Fair enough...I don't recon that I really find it surprising either. :plain:

Nazaroo

Here is pretty much the ideal weapon we attempted to make
while I was growing up, only ours were much less reliable / effective.

165.jpg

Something like this below wasn't even conceived of in my world,
and would probably have resulted in 20 times as many broken school windows:

Spoiler

slingshot-fire.jpg

I'm just really glad none of us were competent enough to even
think of making something like this contraption below,
or there would have been a lot of kids with only one eye
wandering through life pretty bitter about the lack of supervision.

200px-Arrow_slingshot.jpg

I think we were really lucky, because I am certain we were not very smart.

jwp98

My college buddy I'm visiting tomorrow has a .338 XT. Lots of bullet options. Ballistically ideal. Ludicrous velocity and kinetic energy. Overkill for a coyote. And for a moose, if under a mile. But cool. With a muzzle brake and padding, 16# rifle, he says manageable. Thoughts?
Oh, we live in Illinois, flat and populous, with no rifle deer season...

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Here is pretty much the ideal weapon we attempted to make
while I was growing up, only ours were much less reliable / effective.

165.jpg

Spoiler

slingshot-fire.jpg

I'm just really glad none of us were competent enough to even
think of making something like this contraption below,
or there would have been a lot of kids with only one eye
wandering through life pretty bitter about the lack of supervision.

200px-Arrow_slingshot.jpg

I think we were really lucky, because I am certain we were not very smart.

:think: That's cool...I had one of these:

DSC_1631.jpg

In fact I still have it. :plain:

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Heat old rifle Tom. Tell us about it?

The picture is one off Google but mine is the same (without the sling swivels)

:think: Well....This was the first firearm which I owned. My Grandfather gave it to me when I was eight or nine. I had shot/used other firearms previously (had one in my hand as long as I can remember) My Grandmother has a picture of a 7 year-old me shooting my Grandfathers .38 Colt Detective Special with him standing right behind me, hand on my shoulder.
The previous year he had given me an air rifle with a hole in the air chamber (couldn't fire if I wanted it to) with the instructions that; even though the gun doesn't work, it's still a gun, and is therefore not a toy but "a serious tool for serious men". I was to keep and bear it as my gun...Which I did for what seemed like forever (you know how time is when you are a kid :) ). Around the ranch..To the feed store...In the woods & orange groves ect.. Anyhoo...One fateful day I made the mistake of goofing-around and pointing it at someone.
The old man saw it and just about lost his mind on me.
I'll never forget that day...it's burned into my memory like it was yesterday. You see; even though my Grandfather was a large man 6'4" and was know for being hard he was always very gentle and patient with me (even when I drove the truck into the side of the barn :doh: ). I had never seen him like that before. He took my air rifle away from me and let me know "why" in no uncertain terms. I was devastated.
A few weeks later he sat me down and we had another talk about guns...their purpose...and the consequences of their use/misuse. He then gave me back my "gun".
I continued to carry the air rifle around the ranch and such for some time after that...Not sure how long in "kid time".
Eventually, he walked across the room one day and took that rifle off the gun rack over the fireplace and asked if i wanted to "trade up". Of course; I was thrilled. He took the air-rifle back and gave me me this semi-auto .22. As he did so he looked me dead in the eye and told me to remember that air-rifle always "You know what I'm talking about". I did...and it was the last time the incident was mentioned (except when I told the story in later years).
To this day I have had one negligent discharge...I was 25...And the bullet went right into the ground in front of my feet.

...but i digress: :chuckle:

It's a Remington 550-1. According to the date code (it has no serial number) it was manufactured in March of 1954. It's tube magazine will hold 15 rounds of .22LR (No doubt making it a "high capacity assault rifle" in Gov. Cuomo's "America") My Grandfather didn't remember when he got it exactly but he remembers it was traded to him by an old guy for a hearing-aid (Grandad was a hearing-aid dealer back in the time when they were a cigarette pack sized box with a wire which went up to your ear).
It's killed countless squirrels and rabbit for dinner (and the occasional pest) since then. I retired it to my gun cabinet about a decade ago.It still functions flawlessly but parts for it are hard to come by and I didn't want to risk a breakage any longer. :e4e:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It still functions flawlessly but parts for it are hard to come by and I didn't want to risk a breakage any longer. :e4e:
So I'm guessing you have another semi -auto .22?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
It's tube magazine will hold 15 rounds of .22LR (No doubt making it a "high capacity assault rifle" in Gov. Cuomo's "America")

Tubular magazines are exempted under NYS law. Unless it's a shotgun.

Otherwise, just clips.

I had wrist rockets like that as a kid. Spent many an hour shooting rocks out over the water, as far as I could make them go. Never bothered trying to kill things with them. That's what my Daisy 880 was for. :)

images_Daisy-880_326.jpg

at-logo.gif

March 25, 2013

Gov. Cuomo's 7-bullet magazine limit dies an embarrassing death

Rick Moran

One of the centerpieces of Governor Andrew Cuomo's hastily written state gun control bill will be "suspended indefinitely," the Senate majority leader said.

The ban on magazines containing more than 7-bullets had to be withdrawn because of one, teensy, tiny problem with it:

Nobody told Cuomo and the gun grabbers that manufacturers do not make 7-bullet magazines.

Bloomberg News:
The ban on magazines holding more than seven bullets was set to start April 15. Cuomo has said the law needs to be rolled back because manufacturers don't make seven-round holders. The measure was a center piece to a gun law the 55-year-old Democratic governor pushed through the legislature in January, making New York the first state to respond with tougher gun regulations to the Newtown, Connecticut school massacre.

The budget "bill will have an indefinite postponement of the issue," Skelos, the Long Island Republican who co-leads the Senate with a group of five breakaway Democrats, told reporters in Albany yesterday.

Josh Vlasto, a Cuomo spokesman, didn't respond to an e-mail requesting comment.

The senate is scheduled to meet through March 27 to pass Cuomo's budget. The Assembly will return to Albany March 28 to begin voting. The budget goes into effect April 1.

The suspension means magazines holding up to 10 rounds will continue to be sold. Other pieces of Cuomo's gun law, including measures that close loopholes in a 2000 assault weapons ban that Cuomo said had more holes than Swiss cheese and tougher background checks for sales, won't be touched by the changes. The governor began pressing for tighter firearm controls after 20 children and six adults were gunned down at Sandy Hook Elementary School Dec. 14.

Cuomo has been criticized by pro-gun groups, including the National Rifle Association, for waiving a requirement that bills sit for three days before they're passed. His gun law was passed within 24 hours of being introduced, a move Cuomo has said was necessary to prevent a sales rush on assault weapons.
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...agazine_limit_dies_an_embarrassing_death.html

Thank God for the ignorance of liberal politicians.