Give me biblical support for Christmas.

6days

Clefty said:
Did Jesus (as you call Him)...
I don't think Jesus cares which language we use when we worship Him. Or....do you think He cares if I call Him my Lord? The mighty God? The everlasting Father?

Like Mickiel, you seem more interested in religion and laws than in worship.

Clefty said:
(Did Jesus) ask we celebrate His birthday?
Did Jesus ask that we go to a Wednesday night worship and prayer service? Do you think He minds? *

Clefty said:
(Did Jesus ask we celebrate) His death and resurrection this way?
Did Jesus ask Mary to worship Him by pouring perfume on His feet and wiping them with her hair? He accepted her worship.*Do you think He minds when one Christian worships Him in spirit and in truth.....and that worship looks different than that of our African sisters, who also worship in spirit and truth?*

Mickiel

The NT was written for Christians, of which you claim you are not.

No I am not a Christian, and the way you wrote this can be interpreted as being very selfish, as if the bible is only for Christians. You cannot show me in scripture that the bible is only for Christians, thankfully you cannot hog the word of God unto yourselves. I really hope you did not mean that. In 2 Tim. 3;16 All scripture is GIVEN by God , its a gift to ALL of humanity! The bible was written by inspired authors of God , 40 of them , and only 4 or 5 of them could be considered Christian. The bible has no copyrights , no group can claim it as their own.

You cannot deprive me of the New Testament , you hold no right to treat me as if I do not benefit from the bible.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No I am not a Christian, and the way you wrote this can be interpreted as being very selfish, as if the bible is only for Christians. You cannot show me in scripture that the bible is only for Christians, thankfully you cannot hog the word of God unto yourselves. I really hope you did not mean that. In 2 Tim. 3;16 All scripture is GIVEN by God , its a gift to ALL of humanity! The bible was written by inspired authors of God , 40 of them , and only 4 or 5 of them could be considered Christian. The bible has no copyrights , no group can claim it as their own.

You cannot deprive me of the New Testament , you hold no right to treat me as if I do not benefit from the bible.

Hi, nice to meet you.

You know, if you are doubting Jesus was sent to the world to understand God and Jesus, you will not understand the Bible.

I don't believe we can come to complete understanding of the Bible.

The Bible both OT and NT claim God is love. If you follow this concept, you will not go wrong.

You don't have to try to understand perfectly because it is impossible task.

love, meshak

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Mainly because I disagree with so many of their teachings and doctrines. But I know many good hearted people who are Christian. I do not have a problem with the people , its their belief system.

Christianity isn't about Christians

it's about you and the salvation available to you through Christ

clefty

I don't think Jesus cares which language we use when we worship Him. Or....do you think He cares if I call Him my Lord? The mighty God? The everlasting Father?

Like Mickiel, you seem more interested in religion and laws than in worship.

Sometimes in order to play the music desired its best to play the notes as written...

Did Jesus ask that we go to a Wednesday night worship and prayer service? Do you think He minds? *
nope...But only if you do not use idols and customs from assimilated pagans...worship every night if you wish but with true worship...

Did Jesus ask Mary to worship Him by pouring perfume on His feet and wiping them with her hair? He accepted her worship.*
you do realize there is a world of difference between pouring perfume on His actual feet once and pouring eggnog down the gullet year after year...or even oil on a graven image representing His feet...?

Do you think He minds when one Christian worships Him in spirit and in truth.....
not at all if it's in spirit in truth...so why all the props? And well all the Christians I have asked admit it's not His actual bday so what is true about celebrating it on the 25th of December...? Celebrating His birth can be any day...preferably not one co opted from the pagans...and of course not using their ikons and relics...

and that worship looks different than that of our African sisters, who also worship in spirit and truth?*
you mean the Eastern Orthodox? Their Christmas PAGeANtry is entirely another day it's true...even more reason to forgoe the whole thing...truth and spirit are not two different things or times...

The reason for the season has His own seasons for His own seasons...you don't think that is good enough?

Not sure why it's so hard to accept...don't learn the heathen's ways...

Mickiel

Christianity isn't about Christians

it's about you and the salvation available to you through Christ

Your explanation of Christianity is just that , how you explain it. No Christian has stepped forward to give me the biblical proof I requested about Christmas ; but you are right , salvation is through Christ , its not through Christianity.

I hold no need to magnify Christianity; the term " Christian" is not holy, and they do not hold a monopoly on the truth.

ok doser

No Christian has stepped forward to give me the biblical proof I requested about Christmas

it doesn't exist - not in the form you're looking for

rather, worshiping God and being thankful that He sent our Savior is something that should be celebrated every day

Mickiel

Then what are you?

Quote: What am I? I am a man who believes in God and Jesus , and I believe the bible is their message to humanity. I am a sinner who values the free gift of salvation. I am an average human being and I have not progressed beyond that.Quote

Then what's yours?

I believe in the salvation of all of humanity. I believe Jesus died for both believer and unbeliever, and I believe its Gods personal desire that all of his created children be saved.

I am a dude that personally believes that God gets everything he desires. In Job 23:13 it states God is of one mind , and what he desires , hey , that he does! In 1 Tim. 2:3-4 its both good and acceptable to God, he desires that all men be saved. This great salvation is my belief.

ok doser

I believe in the salvation of all of humanity. I believe Jesus died for both believer and unbeliever, and I believe its Gods personal desire that all of his created children be saved.

I am a dude that personally believes that God gets everything he desires. In Job 23:13 it states God is of one mind , and what he desires , hey , that he does! In 1 Tim. 2:3-4 its both good and acceptable to God, he desires that all men be saved. This great salvation is my belief.

should hitler, stalin, mao receive salvation?

musterion

Have you always been a universalist?

clefty

it doesn't exist - not in the form you're looking for

rather, worshiping God and being thankful that He sent our Savior is something that should be celebrated every day

Yup worship every day...Especially on the days He set aside to party on...ok maybe not party but they certainly have a specific meaning and intent...

Not Purim...that is man made...explains all the drinking...lol...

Hanukkah too...only found in the NT the irony...it too is man made but it is possible He celebrated it...

Certainly more possible than throwing Himself a bday party...

But He didn't instruct we keep Hanukkah...

He did ask to pray the Sabbath be kept...not disrupted by running for your life and hiding and other stuff not restful...

Mickiel

Have you always been a universalist?

I am not a universalist, but I agree with some of their views , not all of them. Once again , I am nothing; I am just a sinner who walks in the grace of God. I hold no need for a religious title.