Give me biblical support for Christmas.

clefty

Haha....I agree that much of Christmas celebrations is an abomination. But, its also a time when many Christian families celebrate the birth, death and resurrection of our Savior. It's a time when our neighbors might be a bit more open to hear the Gospel message. As believers, we should always be looking for opportunities to serve Him.....and serve others. Christmas does provide opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Did Jesus (as you call Him) ask we celebrate His birthday? No. His death and resurrection this way? No.

Did He ask us not to assimilate other customs and worship with false worship? Yes

Take Paul for instance...on Mars Hill he saw an idol to the "unknown god" and used it as an opportunity to spread the Gospel...

But he did NOT put that idol up on Mars Hill to begin with...nor did he take it with him as a prop in his later presentations...

There are two birthdays in the bible Pharaoh and Herod...and on the ones cited they both decapitated someone...

If you ask me I think you are removing the Head of the Body of Christ at His own party you decided to throw...

The irony...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Most churches go along with the world.

i don't have any idea what "most churches" do

do you, really?

there's a church just outside my window here

can you tell me if they "go along with the world"? (whatever that means)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Lets just say I am someone you met in a store. You announced your a believer in God. I asked you if Christmas was biblical, you said yes. I then asked you to show me that biblical support, because I myself have never seen any.

So, show me.

All I got is the wife

meshak

BANNED
Banned
which world?

the world you see on television?

Do you need to be taught what the world is?

google. if your question is not tricky one, you will do it.

It is clear you are playing a game. I don't play a game with you, friend.

ok doser

can you tell me if they "go along with the world"?

ok doser

Do you need to be taught what the world is?

google. if your question is not tricky one, you will do it.

i get a whole bunch of these:

the-world.jpg

meshak

BANNED
Banned

can you tell me if they "go along with the world"?

Now, since you are playing a game, I wont cooperate with you because I know you are not interested what I have to say.

why the wasting time with games?

ok doser

Now, since you are playing a game, I wont cooperate with you because I know you are not interested what I have to say.

why the wasting time with games?

because i think its silly of you to claim that you know what "most churches" do

and i return silliness with silliness :)

Mickiel

One of the finest feelings that a believer can experience is that when someone requests a biblical explanation from you , that you use the bible to prove the bible ; and they see the scriptures for themselves. But you have bible verses to build on, and then here a little more verses and there a bit more scriptures. The bible then becomes a witness unto itself. We may not can prove all things with it, but we do what we can.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the finest feelings that a believer can experience is that when someone requests a biblical explanation from you , that you use the bible to prove the bible ; and they see the scriptures for themselves. But you have bible verses to build on, and then here a little more verses and there a bit more scriptures. The bible then becomes a witness unto itself. We may not can prove all things with it, but we do what we can.

The NT was written for Christians, of which you claim you are not.

clefty

i don't have any idea what "most churches" do

do you, really?

can you tell me if they "go along with the world"? (whatever that means)

Does it pay taxes? If not, you can be sure it compromises the gospel to retain that favor from the state...

Pay Caesar what is Caesar's...God what is God's...

When is the last time you heard a "homosexuality is sin" sermon?

How about a sermon addressing the sins of the state? Other churches? Naming names...

Everything everywhere is politically correct...and continuing man's traditions...