Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Mickiel

Lets just say I am someone you met in a store. You announced your a believer in God. I asked you if Christmas was biblical, you said yes. I then asked you to show me that biblical support, because I myself have never seen any.

So, show me.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
define "Christmas"

as you referring to the catholic mass?
the birth of Christ?
holiday shopping?

Mickiel

define "Christmas"

as you referring to the catholic mass?
the birth of Christ?
holiday shopping?

No, I am referring the simple holiday called " Christmas"; not that I am not trying to understand your effort to expand the term to " Who knows what"; in fact I am shocked that you are going off into left field when the question is rather simple. Your asking me to define a holiday? Wow. I thought this thread would be rather simple. I would like to see biblical support for a holiday.

Mickiel

Let me ask you, In Jeremiah 10:3-5 it talks about vain customs of the people, then it describes what one could easily say looks like a " Christmas tree", and the scripture does not speak well of the custom of decorating these trees. Interesting scripture; can it be used to go against the custom of Christmas?

john w

Hall of Fame
None. NADA. In the future, according to prophecy......

Zechariah 14:16 KJV And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Mickiel

This is the Christmas season, many believers in God will be celebrating Christmas, and have been keeping the custom all their lives. What biblical support for this custom could you give them or me?

And does it really matter?

Does it matter to God what customs we celebrate?

Mickiel

None. NADA. In the future, according to prophecy......

Zechariah 14:16 KJV And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

I am curious, do you celebrate Christmas? Or do you celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Let me ask you, In Jeremiah 10:3-5 it talks about vain customs of the people, then it describes what one could easily say looks like a " Christmas tree", and the scripture does not speak well of the custom of decorating these trees. Interesting scripture; can it be used to go against the custom of Christmas?

No.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lets just say I am someone you met in a store. You announced your a believer in God. I asked you if Christmas was biblical, you said yes. I then asked you to show me that biblical support, because I myself have never seen any.

So, show me.

The worship of the sun god was moved to Dec from early January.

LA

6days

Christmas is not Biblical.... but it is a time when we can celebrate our faith. It also is a time when others are sometimes more open to hearing the true meaning of Christmas... the cross.
There were many celebrations of faith in the Ot, and no reason not to continue to celebrate and acknowlege Christ in similar ways today.

Mickiel

Christmas is not Biblical.... but it is a time when we can celebrate our faith. It also is a time when others are sometimes more open to hearing the true meaning of Christmas... the cross.
There were many celebrations of faith in the Ot, and no reason not to continue to celebrate and acknowlege Christ in similar ways today.

I agree that Christmas is not biblical , explain to me how I can celebrate my faith using an unbiblical holiday? Also explain to me just how the" Cross" is the true meaning of Christmas?

6days

I agree that Christmas is not biblical , explain to me how I can celebrate my faith using an unbiblical holiday? Also explain to me just how the" Cross" is the true meaning of Christmas?
Why not take more opportunities to celebrate the goodness of God? I'm not sure why you would reject opportunity to celebrate and worship our Creator? There would be nothing wrong with you setting aside even more days from the calendar to honour or commemorate special occasions, similar to how the Israelites had many feasts, holidays, celebrations.
You ask how the cross is the true meaning of Christmas.In our family, we always make a point at Christmas to share that the purpose of baby Jesus...was ultimately the cross and resurrection. If we only think of the baby in the manger...we miss the true purpose of Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Can you explain why the feast days are still valid now? It seems on the surface, that the Feast of Tabernacles is old covenant stuff? And what is " Oka Loca prayer?"
Prayer chant said on the Jewish festival beginning on the 15th day of Tishri. Oka Loca prayer to prophecy of Prayer chant Sukkoth on coming of the Messiah Isaiah 7:14

Mickiel

Why not take more opportunities to celebrate the goodness of God? I'm not sure why you would reject opportunity to celebrate and worship our Creator? There would be nothing wrong with you setting aside even more days from the calendar to honour or commemorate special occasions, similar to how the Israelites had many feasts, holidays, celebrations.
You ask how the cross is the true meaning of Christmas.In our family, we always make a point at Christmas to share that the purpose of baby Jesus...was ultimately the cross and resurrection. If we only think of the baby in the manger...we miss the true purpose of Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using TheologyOnline mobile app

I have not mentioned rejecting anything concerning the worship of God, but Jesus said that believers can worship him in vain in Matt. 15:9,so according to Jesus, there can be something wrong with setting aside days to worship him. So its up to whether or not Jesus accepts the modes of worship we humans make up.

Also, can you explain Just what is the true purpose of Christmas?

clefty

I have not mentioned rejecting anything concerning the worship of God, but Jesus said that believers can worship him in vain in Matt. 15:9,so according to Jesus, there can be something wrong with setting aside days to worship him. So its up to whether or not Jesus accepts the modes of worship we humans make up.

Also, can you explain Just what is the true purpose of Christmas?

The reason for the season has His own season for His own reasons...

New Years too is part of satan's attempt to put man on a different schedule than what is in scripture...

Yah's calendar starts in spring and is observational...must wait for the barley to be green...imagine how inefficient that would be for the 666 system of commerce...having to wait for a biological process would be a real Y2K...every year...even Jews distance themselves with their new year in the fall day of shouting...or day of trumpets

The fixed seven day week calendar we have today was to make it practical for government and business. No surprise it was made official by a "Christian" who insisted on Sunday worship and seperating his empire from Passover...later pope Gregory too was part of the deception...

Satan knew to change times and laws was to keep man enslaved to the idols of consumerism...I sense it every time I swipe in on the time clock at work...not ironic it's a Kronos time clock

Last edited: