Give me biblical support for Christmas.

clefty

If it's truth you're looking for then celebrate in the fall when he was born. :dizzy:

Naw...no need to celebrate His bday on a specific date...

And not with unleavened bread...that's for Passover as Paul said...

And certainly not with all the other stuff like Christmas Ham...can you imagine?

"Hey baby Jesus Happy birthday on what was mithra's solstice party...here is some ham you can eat next to the tree we cut and brought inside to decorate with gold and silver...if you were good a man dressed in red will reward you with earthly riches...have some sugar and alcohol..."

Mickiel

If I may give a count of the Christian response to the threads question;

Scriptures; none , zero!

Explanations ; None!

Factual data ; None!

Its academic. Now we must ask WHY this is?

beameup

I've heard a good case made that the 25th of December was the time of the visitation by the Wise Men, but that would have placed Jesus as a toddler (<2 yrs. old). Then the family would have been able to depart Bethlehem and head straight to Egypt with enough finances from the gold, frankincense, myrrh to enable them to resettle and avoid the wrath of Herod. The date would have coincided with Hanukkah.

I believe that it was "more convenient" for Helena, Constantine's mother, to assign the birth to coincide with the visitation of the "Three Kings".
The actual birthday was the Feast of Tabernacles, as the weather was good and everyone was celebrating and sleeping outdoors in small temporary shelters.

Last edited:

Mickiel

Scriptures; none , zero!

Explanations ; None!

Factual data ; None!

In my personal view , the Christian celebration of Christmas , the way they have absorbed it into their belief system, is a classic biblical example of a people being blinded and their consciousness seared shut so that they cannot even see their own deception.

A stunning live example!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A lot of our holidays are a replacement to pagan celebrations. Halloween used to celebrate the dead- we changed it to venerating past saints. Christmas is the Solstice- we changed it to celebrating the Nativity.

Contrary to what many may think, Easter is actually the most important holiday in Christianity. It's confusing because Christmas is the most festive day of the year, but that's simply because we have always been about the Solstice.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Scriptures; none , zero!

Explanations ; None!

Factual data ; None!

But you knew all that when you posted the thread, right?

6days

clefty said:
Sometimes in order to play the music desired its best to play the notes as written...
Are you Muslim? They claim you need to read in the original language. Is that what you meant when you seemingly criticized using the name 'Jesus'?
clefty said:
nope...But only if you do not use idols and customs from assimilated pagans...worship every night if you wish but with true worship...
Exactly! We can worship Him every night....including Dec. 25
clefty said:
you do realize there is a world of difference between pouring perfume on His actual feet once and pouring eggnog down the gullet year after year...
That would be a great argument if it wasn't a strawman. Nobody has argued that drinking eggnog is worship.*

clefty said:
not at all if it's in spirit in truth...so why all the props?
I'm not one for props usually. However good speakers, pastors...and I'm pretty sure Jesus also used props to help communicate more effectively.*

clefty said:
And well all the Christians I have asked admit it's not His actual bday so what is true about celebrating it on the 25th of December...?
Is it the word 'birthday' that bothers you? I'm not sure why you would think we need to know the exact date to celebrate that Jesus came to be the Last Adam.

Mickiel

But you knew all that when you posted the thread, right?

You got that right! I already knew there was no biblical support. I just like seeing Christian eat humble pie and try to create something from nothing. I always hope at least one of you would see the truth ; but it never has happened in my 25 years of doing this. It always interest me to see pride in a people; pride that is more powerful than the bible itself. Pride that creates false doctrine and treats it like truth. Pride that places things into the scripture that is not there , like the Trinity. Pride that refuses to see anything and is trapped in their own lens.

Truly stunning!!

clefty

A lot of our holidays are a replacement to pagan celebrations. Halloween used to celebrate the dead- we changed it to venerating past saints. Christmas is the Solstice- we changed it to celebrating the Nativity.

Contrary to what many may think, Easter is actually the most important holiday in Christianity. It's confusing because Christmas is the most festive day of the year, but that's simply because we have always been about the Solstice.

Even that holiday has had its own progression...Easter was initially the feast of first fruits it was then "fixed" to another calendar because Christians were tired of waiting for Jews to determine "their" Passover...now some years He resurrects before He is killed...being on two different calendars...

The irony is that what happened that first day of the week just at day break was the tomb was discovered already empty the Angel saying He was risen...

And since the sun had just came up He rose the day before...

He appeared to them on the festival of first fruits as risen...the day before...

Mickiel

I really would like to see someone make a biblical case for Christmas.

Why we believers do the things we have done? Its like trying to take candy from a teen. They just will not give it up.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I really would like to see someone make a biblical case for Christmas.

Why we believers do the things we have done? Its like trying to take candy from a teen. They just will not give it up.

There's nothing wrong with Christmas. Stop trying to demonize the practice of festive cheeriness.

clefty

Are you Muslim? They claim you need to read in the original language. Is that what you meant when you seemingly criticized using the name 'Jesus'?
Muslim? He was a Jew...with not a Greek or Latin name...just another detail lost to Christians desirous to continue man's traditions...

Exactly! We can worship Him every night....including Dec. 25
yup I already said you could...just not with pagan idols "baptized" for Christian intent...

That would be a great argument if it wasn't a strawman. Nobody has argued that drinking eggnog is worship.*
drinking eggnog has become more a part of a form of (false) worship in the celebration of His birthday dec. 25th than pouring out perfume on any day at all...on anything...

I'm not one for props usually. However good speakers, pastors...and I'm pretty sure Jesus also used props to help communicate more effectively.*
yup Paul did too...but as I said none of them were pagan idols first and then brought in to further falsify an already false worship...

Is it the word 'birthday' that bothers you? I'm not sure why you would think we need to know the exact date to celebrate that Jesus came to be the Last Adam.

The fact that we don't know the exact date should be enough to keep you from doing anything He didn't do...or ask of us to do...

He did however ask we keep His Father's Law which forbids adaptation to ways the pagans do things...

So not only do you do things He didn't do and didn't ask you to...but you also don't do things He did do and asked you to too...