Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Mickiel

That's the Muslim mantra. You said you are not Christian, are you Muslim?

No ,I am not Muslim ; I am not in ANY religion; I am not in ANY group; I have no labels, I am NOT a member of any church. I hope that is clear; I understand that you may have a need to classify me as something ,but I am nothing.

Mickiel

Goodness , all I requested was biblical support for a holiday ; I wonder why no Christian has listed any??

Mickiel

christmas celebrates Christ's birth

iirc, scripture may have covered that event

The Holy Days in the bible are clear to any biblical student, Christmas is not one of them.

The term " Christmas" is not even in scripture. Would not it make sense for a biblical follower to celebrate a biblical holiday that is listed in the bible? I mean if its not in the bible , then don't give it biblical sanction. Stop acting as if God or Jesus approved of something that they did not.

clefty

It means Christ mass. No, it's not Christian. Nevertheless, all days belong to us (Ro 14:5) :straight: so it's not a hill to die on.

As a reminder Mickiel is number 8 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the Misc. category. :burnlib:

Not you too?...Romans 14 is about fasting and choosing which day to do so...not "all days belong to us"

The hill He died on was because of your "do what thou wilt" "all days belong to us" rebellion...they tried to kill Him on other days but those weren't His dying day obviously His days are His...and matter in content meaning and purpose...

Paul encouraged we celebrate His feast with the new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...

Guess you uninvited yourself...

BTW His judgement day ain't yours neither...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Holy Days in the bible are clear to any biblical student, Christmas is not one of them.

kinda like saying quantum mechanics isn't mentioned in Dalton's work

The term " Christmas" is not even in scripture. Would not it make sense for a biblical follower to celebrate a biblical holiday that is listed in the bible? I mean if its not in the bible , then don't give it biblical sanction. Stop acting as if God or Jesus approved of something that they did not.

if you don't wanna celebrate Christmas, that's fine with me :idunno:

6days

Well I understand why you cannot list any scriptures supporting the celebration of Christmas ; because there are not any; its simply unbiblical.
Your religion seems very pharisitical.
* We do not need a verse specifically saying its ok to have a Wednesday nite prayer meeting.
* We do not need a verse specifically saying its ok to celebrate the date I became a Christian.
* We do not need a verse telling us its ok to have a special day to honour our mothers.
* We do not need a special verse telling us its Ok to celebrate our mighty God, ever lasting father and the prince of peace.
* We do not need a special verse telling us its ok to distribute Christian literature
etc.....etc....etc.

Mickiel

kinda like saying quantum mechanics isn't mentioned in Dalton's work

if you don't wanna celebrate Christmas, that's fine with me :idunno:

I wanted to discuss WHY some Christians celebrate it and try to give it biblical support. If you don't want to discuss it , then fine. My interest is in how so many believers are sucked into celebrating these holidays and don't even think about the real spiritual significance of them;

https://realtruth.org/articles/111229-001.html

6days

No ,I am not Muslim ; I am not in ANY religion; I am not in ANY group; I have no labels, I am NOT a member of any church. I hope that is clear; I understand that you may have a need to classify me as something ,but I am nothing.
You are not a member of the body of Christ? You may not belong to any religion, but you certainly seem very religious.

clefty

what day was yesterday?

what day is today?

do you know that you are worshiping wodin and thor?

Ex. 23:13

"...Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips."

Joshua 23: 7
"Do not associate with these nations that remain among you; do not invoke the names of their gods..."

Why mock one attempting to purify himself of his enslavement?

Or are we to be stumbling stones?

What the church has done to "get along to go along" with these nations is more than associate...

6days

I wanted to discuss WHY some Christians celebrate it and try to give it biblical support.
You don't seem interested in discussing. You only seem interested in imposing your religious views on others. You don't need celebrate Christ..... but others do.

Mickiel

You are not a member of the body of Christ? You may not belong to any religion, but you certainly seem very religious.

No ,I am not religious, nor am I the topic of this thread. Its just that some Christians get disorientated when asked to prove things biblically that they cannot. So they lash out at the personage of the perceived threat. And I understand that.

I simply ask for biblical support for Christmas, and so far I have not received any.

Consider this; http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/holidays2.htm

clefty

Your religion seems very pharisitical.
* We do not need a verse specifically saying its ok to have a Wednesday nite prayer meeting.
* We do not need a verse specifically saying its ok to celebrate the date I became a Christian.
* We do not need a verse telling us its ok to have a special day to honour our mothers.
* We do not need a special verse telling us its Ok to celebrate our mighty God, ever lasting father and the prince of peace.
* We do not need a special verse telling us its ok to distribute Christian literature
etc.....etc....etc.

You do not heed the special verses that actually consider what is done at Christmas an abomination...

6days

No ,I am not religious, nor am I the topic of this thread. Its just that some Christians get disorientated when asked to prove things biblically that they cannot. So they lash out at the personage of the perceived threat. And I understand that.

I simply ask for biblical support for Christmas, and so far I have not received any.

You do seem religious trying to impose your beliefs on others.
Perhaps you should explain why its wrong to have a special worship time at 7PM every Wed? After all...it doesn't sanction that in scripture.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using TheologyOnline mobile app

6days

You do not heed the special verses that actually consider what is done at Christmas an abomination...
Haha....I agree that much of Christmas celebrations is an abomination. But, its also a time when many Christian families celebrate the birth, death and resurrection of our Savior. It's a time when our neighbors might be a bit more open to hear the Gospel message. As believers, we should always be looking for opportunities to serve Him.....and serve others. Christmas does provide opportunities.

clefty

Sadly Christians do many things that are not biblically sanctioned...most are pretty oriented just a few degrees off...it took many years to do so...

In fact Protestant America didn't celebrate Christmas for awhile...

http://www.livescience.com/32891-why-was-christmas-banned-in-america-.html

Now we are fallen and will merely bring worship to the first beast of Revelations 13...

Christmas is just one symptom...

Mickiel

You don't seem interested in discussing. You only seem interested in imposing your religious views on others. You don't need celebrate Christ..... but others do.

Oh no, I am interested in the truth, as best that we can perceive it. What do you think Christ meant in Matt.15:9," But in vain do they worship me." Jesus is obviously talking about believers , because they are " Worshipping him." But this is serious because these well meaning believers are doing it " In Vain!"

The bible clearly refers to vain traditions of people. Or useless empty traditions. So vain worship means useless worship , or false traditions.

I think this is important.

6days

Oh no, I am interested in the truth, as best that we can perceive it. What do you think Christ meant in Matt.15:9," But in vain do they worship me." Jesus is obviously talking about believers , because they are " Worshipping him." But this is serious because these well meaning believers are doing it " In Vain!"

The bible clearly refers to vain traditions of people. Or useless empty traditions. So vain worship means useless worship , or false traditions.

I think this is important.
This was already answered.