Give me biblical support for Christmas.

clefty

You have yet to show why it is wrong to cut down a fir tree and hang candy canes on it, or to shoot bottle rockets.
Ummmm...the vanity of it?

But you are moving the goal posts...typical when cornered...

We are talking about false worship not what to do to have fun...

It's not wrong to cut down a fir tree and hang candy canes on it although I could protest with thou shalt not kill and think to do so when seeing all the poor discarded trees littering the alleys here in the city...8 of the from here to the corner...great celebration this deforestation is...lol so sophisticated indeed...

What a blast...

As for bottle rockets...to celebrate a state? Or the crucifiction of our savior on let's say Mondays...does that work for you...false props for a false day to celebrate in a wrong way...

Wouldn't that be fun and please Him?

Or how about using bottle rockets to free our ancestors from purgatory? Does that work for you?

I mean make a joyful noise no?

Lol...

There remains the verse about cutting a tree and bringing it inside and decorating it...also again in Isaiah 44...

Not ironic your savior was nailed to a tree...but doubt you get that irony there either...

You are like Eve who herself thought she could tell a lie and make her own law saying she was told not to touch the fruit...(when she was actually told just not to eat of it)...your rebellion begins before the act itself...as He said what comes out of a defiled heart...

your "do what thou wilt" attitude will hardly see that...

balut55

Idol of a tree. Candy has no place either. Maybe a nice get together and some fellowship with the family since everyone is off that day.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really? for Christmas? That is the request here...

Scripture has it that God's commandments > man's traditions
Whom ((see if STP is paying attention)) have you seen here say that celebrating Christmas is a commandment of GOD?
Are you sure you are not just drawing your sword to fight windmills?

clefty

There is no biblical support for December 25.

The nativity of Jesus or birth of Jesus is described in the gospels of Luke and Matthew. The two accounts agree that Jesus was born in Bethlehem in the time of Herod the Great to a betrothed virgin whose name was Mary.

No time or date. But like the coming of Jesus there is a season and I don't think it was winter. Closer to holloween.

Yup...if it was important don't you think He would have left it written down somewhere like next to a picture He poised for? I mean surely He knows what comfort and joy it would bring to have the date and instructions to what cake He likes...the recipe itself...

What comfort and peace to have a picture or some hair...

Such a shame and gross neglecting oversight He didn't provide any of that...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yup...if it was important don't you think He would have left it written down somewhere like next to a picture He poised for?
Might be next to that pic of Jesus at the beach wearing a T-shirt that said "My Dad owns the universe, but all I got was this lousy T-shirt"?

((((Don't laugh. You'll go to hell if you laugh.))))

clefty

Anyway any knucklehead should know that the inn wouldn't be full in December and the barn would be too full of animals in the winter for December 25.

Umm...it was crowded as the people were to return to their home for a census...

Caesar made them do it...

Hmmmm...Maybe that is what they are celebrating...Rome's occupation police state

clefty

Idol of a tree. Candy has no place either. Maybe a nice get together and some fellowship with the family since everyone is off that day.

There was a time congress met on Christmas...back when the Creator was still giving us our rights and not the FED...

balut55

I can give you one not supporting Christmas.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he is mocking religion. God that is.

clefty

Whom ((see if STP is paying attention)) have you seen here say that celebrating Christmas is a commandment of GOD?
Are you sure you are not just drawing your sword to fight windmills?

Lol...none have I seen.

All the more not to celebrate it as plenty of evidence has been given to not assimilate the pagans their customs and make it your own...

As for windmills...all this hot air you blow would be made useful by one...lol

Enough flour to feed bread to the forum...

Now the question must be begged? Leavened or unleavened?

Church law sees the jots and tittles when necessary...it states it must be unleavened for the Eucharist...

The orthodox use normal...funny how little things like this matter...become ecclesial law even...and reasons to schism and go to war...

clefty

Might be next to that pic of Jesus at the beach wearing a T-shirt that said "My Dad owns the universe, but all I got was this lousy T-shirt"?

((((Don't laugh. You'll go to hell if you laugh.))))

LOL...

We are fortunate He has a sense of humor...some call it grace

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL...

We are fortunate He has a sense of humor...some call it grace
Ahhhh, grace!
That glorious UNMERITED grace.
I do not frustrate the grace of GOD with vain babbling about candy canes.

clefty

I can give you one not supporting Christmas.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he is mocking religion. God that is.

But then He wasn't when He physically removed the money changers from the temple...

Would that we would rid our own temples of such exchanges of vanities...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I agree that Christmas is not biblical , explain to me how I can celebrate my faith using an unbiblical holiday?
To say a thing is not prescribed is not to say the observation is proscribed. This sort of hyperliteralism is needless and itself unprescribed. Where does the Bible condone pews and hymnals? And so on.

Also explain to me just how the" Cross" is the true meaning of Christmas?
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord." To what end was that birth? And there's your answer.

And what scriptures claim Jesus should be celebrated by Christmas? Explain to me what scripture sanctions Christmas?
No, show me the proscription. Otherwise, Luke 2:10-12 [FONT=&quot]10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Or, Christ wasn't born quietly, without notice. Wise men attended and angels proclaimed. If you want precedent for noting the birthday, there it rests.[/FONT]