Give me biblical support for Christmas.

Mickiel

Does the irony escape you that the year the Declaration of Independence was signed and celebrated Christmas was not really celebrated in America? It was considered too pagan and too British...and wasn't a federal holiday until 1870 when enough Catholics immigrated to sway the traditions...it was however popular in the slave holding states becoming first legal in Alabama in 1836...

Of course more fictitiousness of writers and movies and advertisers only propped it along...

But in 1776 a surprise attack on those celebrating Christmas by American forces occurred and became a critical victory known as the Delaware crossing. Historians even accept it was German Hessians fighting for the British that introduced the Christmas tree.

No where endorsed in scripture, prohibitions to assimilate pagan customs ignored...it is a blast right?

Beautiful post , right on for the truth.

Man , what a breath of fresh air!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If a pagan want to cut down a fir tree and decorate it for some pagan god, they will.
And if I want to cut down a fir tree and hang candle canes on it and invite others over for a feast, I have no pagan god in mind.
Why should I look at it as a pagan idol god when that is not what it is to me???????????????????

obsessive compulsive retarded psychopaths can't see the difference between decorations and idols :idunno:

clefty

Beautiful post , right on for the truth.

Man , what a breath of fresh air!

Alas, America has lost her way, unable to rid her temple of the money changers and other counterfeiters her idolatry and adultery is now the second beast to bring worship to the first beast as per Rev 13...

Come out of her my people...

Stay strong bro!

Remember that John the Baptist preached the coming kingdom of Yah precipitates the winnowing fork of the harvest which separates not the sheep from the goats or even the wheat from the tares but the chaff from the kernel itself...

Chaff is to protect grow and mature the kernel...Chaff is the church...and anything that matured you spiritually...and come judgement day you will be separated from all this and stand alone...

May He advocate for you...may you seek Him to save you...

Keep the faith and obey Him now and He will obey you then...

clefty

Not talking about defending our faith.

I'm talking about cutting out of a conversation with someone who is cruel and insulting. What's the point in sticking with that.

To each his own though.

Even a drowning man will "attack" you when you save him...

We wish to discuss the faith and without the cruelty and insults its true but so often it's attempting discussion despite it...

But as I recall what other martyrs had to endure often from their former fellows, innernutz redicule is quite mild...

All that being said being civil and even humerous is preferable...

balut55

Real Christians celebrate Jesus everyday. Christmas is a pagan holiday but to me it is another day to celebrate the birth of Jesus. The actual dirt has of Christ probably is close to October 31 as Satan likes to counterfeit Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

clefty

If a pagan want to cut down a fir tree and decorate it for some pagan god, they will.

I guess the irony of your enjoying both Christmas and July 4th was lost on you...sigh

what is interesting about that passage in Jeremiah is that it does not specify why the tree was cut but merely brought in and decorated and set into place...unable to do evil or good...it is not clear that it was worshipped but just an act of vanity...

The prohibition is A) don't make an image, or likeness of anything...then part B)lest ye worship it, bow down to it, become corrupt etc...

And if I want to cut down a fir tree and hang candle canes on it and invite others over for a feast, I have no pagan god in mind.
Why should I look at it as a pagan idol god when that is not what it is to me???????????????????

Of course you don't look at a baby Jesus figurine as a pagan idol or your beautiful tree that way...

But why the vanity? Why do something in vain at all?

Even pagans understand it is not the tree or image itself but it is used to go through to its prototype to what it represents...

and well that is exactly what the little baby Jesus figurine is...of course you don't worship but merely use it to recall Someone who asked you not to do exactly that... to not make images or likenesses even to worship Him...lol

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Today is eastern Orthodox Christmas
smiley438.gif

clefty

:dizzy: Mt 7:5

Was said by Someone who wished to scale back what had been added to the traditions and worship by the scribes and Pharisees...killed for it actually...they too loved what they had made...

As hard as He worked to restore true worship you now wish to add your own...lol