ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
where did paul die?

Paul ended up in a Roman prison because of the Jews in Jerusalem.

It's interesting, that in Acts 28 Paul calls a bunch of Jews to his cell to preach to them about Jesus.

(Acts 28:23) ....He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus.

This proves there was NOT two gospels.

It proves that that the same gospel was preached to two different kinds of people.

MADists would call what Paul preached to those Jews in Rome "kingdom doctrine".

If so, why would Paul still be preaching "kingdom doctrine" many years after the alleged "Body doctrine" had replaced the "kingdom doctrine"?

MAD is a mess.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Oh but we have many times, you just ignore it.
You haven't because it's not there. Why isn't it there? It's not there because it was a mystery that "Christ died for our sins" and as much as you hate it and try to get around it, Paul tells us why!

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

That is the wisdom of God in a mystery (1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV) and what is it that you call it?

And YOU can't prove your claim that Paul was the "first" or whatever, you haven't yet, and you seem to have no idea how laughable and ludicrous your claims are.
1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

You put up proof that is no proof, and say "see, the Emperor DOES have clothes! You just can't see them!"
Apparently, you can't. It's right in front of you. Your problem is a natural one.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You never answered, "What is the gospel of your salvation?" either. Don't you have one?

heir

TOL Subscriber
To follow Paul is not to travel where Paul traveled or have your head shaved, but to follow Paul in doctrine. He used the term 23 times.

And what is a Catholic even doing in a thread titled Follow Paul when you follow a man in a funny hat who hides the gospel Paul preached from you and claims to follow Peter (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV)? Take a hike.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To follow Paul is not to travel where Paul traveled or have your head shaved, but to follow Paul in doctrine. He used the term 23 times.

And what is a Catholic even doing in a thread titled Follow Paul when you follow a man in a funny hat who hides the gospel Paul preached from you and claims to follow Peter (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV)? Take a hike.

Good post

Right Divider

Body part
(Eph 3:6) This Mystery is that through the Gospel
the Gentiles
are heirs together (with Israel),
members together of one body,
and sharers together
in the promise in Christ Jesus.

You are right, it is not there, but it is implied, and intended to be understood. He had already set the table at 2:17-18

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

If you think not, then please identify the you, the them, and the we above... The Mystery was indeed passed through the teaching of Paul to the Gentiles, but it was passed BY Peter TO the Gentiles in the PERSON of Cornelius and his party, BECAUSE Peter baptized them who were NOT Jews either by faith or by genetics...

The hidden Mystery is the co-participation of the Gentiles in the Grace of Jesus Christ which He first gave to the Jews... And this because the Jews as a nation would not receive it...

You seem to think that the "together"s above refer to non-Jews, that this Grace was given to all the non-Jews together, instead of them together with the Jews to whom it was given...

One might say you need to get your act "together"... :)

Arsenios
Yes, it's Jews (properly individuals from all twelve tribes) and Gentiles joined with Christ APART from Israel. It is ONE NEW MAN, and NOT Gentiles becoming "spiritual Israel".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
TeT and LA ought to be barred from posting on this thread. They don't
have what it takes. No offence to them personally. They just miss the
mark at every turn.

Right Divider

Body part
The Lord had mercy on Paul first for a pattern!

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
They are just blinded to the fact that a pattern comes first. An "them which should HEREAFTER believe on him to life everlasting" FOLLOW the PATTERN.

It's just so simple.

They also completely ignore the "for THIS cause".

SaulToPaul 2

They are just blinded to the fact that a pattern comes first. An "them which should HEREAFTER believe on him to life everlasting" FOLLOW the PATTERN.

It's just so simple.

They also completely ignore the "for THIS cause".

As I always say, the prototype is the first, not the 13,217th.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh but we have many times, you just ignore it. And YOU can't prove your claim that Paul was the "first" or whatever, you haven't yet, and you seem to have no idea how laughable and ludicrous your claims are. You put up proof that is no proof, and say "see, the Emperor DOES have clothes! You just can't see them!"

BTW, you should heed the words of heir also, brewma

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MADists think there was only one mystery hidden since the foundation of the world.

If we count the mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world in the NT, there are 10 of them.

Paul reveals 8 of them, and John 2 of them.

As I stated earlier, Christ Jesus spoke of many of the mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world through parables.

MADists get confused over Rom 16:25-26. They think the "Revelation of the mystery" that Paul speaks of in Rom 16:25 was given to Paul, and only Paul.

That's not true. Christ Jesus was the first to speak of the mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world, and Paul makes it clear that these mysteries were given to the Apostles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BTW, you should heed the words of heir also, brewma

Nobody should heed the words of heir.

All heir does is parrot the false teachings of Darby and Bullinger.

If you want to be a Bullingerite, then listen to heir. If you want to believe what the Bible says, don't listen to heir.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am kinda broke up myself just reading this... :)

Did you give her a nice going away present?

Or did she break your arm?

Breaking up with fiends is no small matter...

Did you have to hire an exorcist?

Did it take a long time?

No wonder you are spitting in all directions...

They spat on Jesus too...

So you are not alone...

Arsenios

Wow! Stumped me again with those stock cliches.

Do you have a need to know, Satan Claus?

And it is the Lord Jesus Christ to you, Christ rejector, show some respect to the Saviour, who you despise, Oprah. And the Lord Jesus Christ he laughs at you now, and spits at you now, as you reject him.

So there.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nobody should heed the words of heir.

All heir does is parrot the false teachings of Darby and Bullinger.

If you want to be a Bullingerite, then listen to heir. If you want to believe what the Bible says, don't listen to heir.

It's you that no one ought to be listening to heretic. You believe
that Christ returned in AD70 and therefore, we missed the boat,
so to say.

john w

Hall of Fame
Hard to get it all out in one grunt, I know...

It just keeps squirting forth...

The Depends can't even hold it in...

And you are SO young for them...

Another girl-fiend won't help you either...

Meds are only temporary...

But you know that already...

Have you tried blowing kisses at random strangers?

Both with and without the Depends?

Or room-freshener?

Arsenios

More psycho babble from another Christ rejector. I told you to have a seat-you are not recognized on TOL, as I am.

Now, sit, Boo-Boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.