ECT Follow Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How many times does the apostle Paul have to write to you (Romans 11:13 KJV) to follow him before you will?

1 Corinthians 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Timothy 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
2 Timothy 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
2 Timothy 2:6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
2 Timothy 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The same gospel Peter taught--

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The same gospel Peter taught--

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
Nope! Things that are different are not the same.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Follow Paul!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How many times does the apostle Paul have to write to you (Romans 11:13 KJV) to follow him before you will?

Follow Jesus not Paul

Even the Apostle Paul says so:

(1 Cor 1:13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Every post you make, you try to divide Christ.

Christ cannot be divided no matter how hard you keep trying.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Follow Jesus not Paul

Even the Apostle Paul says so:

(1 Cor 1:13) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Every post you make, you try to divide Christ.

Christ cannot be divided no matter how hard you keep trying.

Follow Tet - Back to 70 AD

heir

TOL Subscriber
Follow Tet - Back to 70 AD

Ever noticed how tet stops reading. Even after Paul says that, he writes 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV

tet is a joke. The ones causing divisions are those who rebel against 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV as tet does.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Follow Christ Jesus not Paul.

Have you been attending meshak's home bible study?

Galatians 1:11-12 NASB- (this is Paul speaking)
For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.​
Paul received his gospel from Jesus, and said the things Heir quoted. You are either calling Paul a liar or rejecting what Jesus gave him to tell us.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.​
Paul received his gospel from Jesus, and said the things Heir quoted. You are either calling Paul a liar or rejecting what Jesus gave him to tell us.

Paul's teaching was to follow Christ, not himself.

1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1Co 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
1Co 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
1Co 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

If you truly follow Paul as he followed Christ then how is it that you do not?

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

LA

andyc

Every Christian receives the gospel through a revelation. There's no other way to receive it.

If the gospel is received through human persuasion, it nullifies the wisdom and power of God.

Cross Reference

Every Christian receives the gospel through a revelation. There's no other way to receive it.

If the gospel is received through human persuasion, it nullifies the wisdom and power of God.

Perhaps. But, usually it requires a preacher whose Spiritual bank account is full of words for the Holy Spirit to draw from. Hos14:2 KJV.

I do however, believe we are individually saved by the Life of Jesus Christ, not His death which redeemed everyone.

Cross Reference

Yep! No instructions to follow Peter!

Nor did Peter give any. So what can be assumed? How many converts were of Christ Jesus by Peter's preaching? Do you know? Where was the first church located? Why was Antioch the place where Christians were first called by that name? . . Please don't say it was by Paul preaching because it was a Pentecostal saint by Peter's preaching-teaching that mentored Paul for 3 1/2 years.

Quit this divisive nonsense!

andyc

Perhaps. But, usually it requires a preacher whose Spiritual bank account is full of words for the Holy Spirit to draw from. Hos14:2 KJV.
Sure. As Paul also would have done.

Once the gospel is received, the spirit is regenerated / born of God. This spiritual regeneration is a work of God, and the experience confirms the word, and so it becomes a personal revelation.

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Here we see that it was the Spirit bringing conviction on the hearts of those who heard the word, that made the word a revelation to those who heard it.

And so Paul's intention was not for people to be persuaded by his words, but by the Spirit who does the convincing.

Cross Reference

Sure. As Paul also would have done.

Once the gospel is received, the spirit is regenerated / born of God. This spiritual regeneration is a work of God, and the experience confirms the word, and so it becomes a personal revelation.

This was the first of any "Spiritual regeneration" and it wasn't for anything except as a beginning point for "knowing God as Father". There was more to follow for the unction to function that would put legs on the knowledge they already possessed by being with Jesus for 3 1/2 years:

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost" John 20:22 (KJV)

That was the first time anyone had ever been "born again".

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Here we see that it was the Spirit bringing conviction on the hearts of those who heard the word, that made the word a revelation to those who heard it.

It doesn't say anything about being successful in bringing conviction on anyone's heart. Though no doubt, that could be the only way it would happen. . . to those with ears.

And so Paul's intention was not for people to be persuaded by his words, but by the Spirit who does the convincing.

Paul was merely reminding them of their roots and to not forget from whence he came to establish the theology of their foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.