Executing homosexuals

elohiym

I'm pro-choice, not pro-death.

The woman chooses to be pro-death or the government chooses to be pro-death, and you go along with it claiming to be pro-choice. From my perspective that is straight pro-death. It seems to me that if you were convinced homosexuality was equivalent to murder, you wouldn't have a problem with being pro-choice about governments executing homosexuals.

By choice or dogma?

By identity.

zoo22

Hitler? Wha? Seems like folks're discussing executing everyone but homosexuals... Oh wait, right, it's because I brought up Scott Lively, who of course teaches that Hitler and the Nazis were homosexuals... Folks must mean should Hitler have been executed for being a homosexual. I see.

alwight

The woman chooses to be pro-death or the government chooses to be pro-death, and you go along with it claiming to be pro-choice. From my perspective that is straight pro-death. It seems to me that if you were convinced homosexuality was equivalent to murder, you wouldn't have a problem with being pro-choice about governments executing homosexuals.
Each case always has it's own individual concerns. Some choices made I may agree with, others I won't, but I nevertheless choose choice before dogma, so shoot me. :juggle:

How exactly is homosexuality equivalent to murder?

alwight

Hitler? Wha? Seems like folks're discussing executing everyone but homosexuals... Oh wait, right, it's because I brought up Scott Lively, who of course teaches that Hitler and the Nazis were homosexuals... Folks must mean should Hitler have been executed for being a homosexual. I see.
Hang on, I wouldn't even be here without Hitler. :help:

elohiym

Each case always has it's own individual concerns. Some choices made I may agree with, others I won't, but I nevertheless choose choice before dogma, so shoot me. :juggle:

"Choice" is your pro-death dogma.

How exactly is homosexuality equivalent to murder?

It isn't, but if it was you would be pro-choice about governments executing homosexuals.

alwight

"Choice" is your pro-death dogma.
Choice isn't dogma.

It isn't, but if it was you would be pro-choice about governments executing homosexuals.

No. I'm trying to establish who is pro-death penalty. Are you?
Not me anyway, I don't want people being executed on my behalf without my input, by the state, gay or straight, when they can always be kept locked up instead. A legal DP is simply retribution not justice.

elohiym

Choice isn't dogma.

Your application of choice appears dogmatic.

Not me anyway, I don't want people being executed on my behalf without my input, by the state, gay or straight, when they can always be kept locked up instead. A legal DP is simply retribution not justice.

Locked up for life isn't justice; it's just a different form of retribution, arguably crueler than swift execution.

alwight

Your application of choice appears dogmatic.
Yes perhaps, if you think that always preferring the freedom to choose is a restrictive dogma.:think:

Locked up for life isn't justice; it's just a different form of retribution, arguably crueler than swift execution.
The first responsibility of the state should be to protect the general public from murderers imo, which is achieved by incarceration.
However I'm rather more concerned that any miscarriage of justice can be corrected than I am for the ongoing wellbeing of genuine murderers. Keeping convicts on death row for years is rather more typical and arguably barbaric. But if you think that a life sentence in jail is a greater deterrent then I'm not sure I'd always agree but I wouldn't argue.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Town Heretic has your debate style nailed. I hope you don't head into ministry.
My debate style with idiots is vastly different than my style with those willing to learn.

Who's judgement seat was Paul standing before, a mans or God's?
This entire discussion is about men passing judgment according to God's standard and commands; because God knows what is best.

Honestly, how does that make you feel? Would you feel better about yourself if you were sitting in a cell waiting to be stoned?
If the law followed God as it should then I would have thought twice.

Exactly which of the 613 Mosaic Laws were they violating?
I've already explained that to you.

Stupid enough to know what small town politics are like.
Fool

Under the Old Covenant. Under the New Covenant, no, I do not believe that God still commands death for those guilty of sin. For the record, your notion that there is some difference between crime and sin under Olde Covenant law is goofy. I don't accept it as an accurate representation of criminal law.
Can you offer any Scripture from during the actual NC to support your argument.

Those guilty of crimes in the OT could still offer their sacrifices before being punished, and they would still be punished.

If I commit murder I should not get away with it simply because God forgave me.

We know the Pharisees certainly interpreted the law to suit their own ends.
Irrelevant.

The fact they were ignoring the Law is the issue.

Maybe instead of focusing so much on what God commanded in the OC you should spend more time focusing on the Gospel Jesus taught as the NC.
Can you tell me where in Jesus' ministry the Law was abolished?

I accept your concession of the point.
Petty child.

If Jesus had flat out said to stone her then the men would have had what they wanted.

So you would feel fine picking up a stone and throwing it at somebody with the intent to kill them if given the opportunity. How sad.
If it were necessary I would do my duty. That doesn't mean I would be happy about it.

I wonder who brought the woman to them...
You're making assumptions.

He said stone her if you are without sin. Did Rome recognize sin under Jewish law? Probably not.
That's irrelevant. All Rome would have cared about is that He would have said to stone her. He would have been in trouble with Rome.

And we know that she didn't repent how? Jesus, our Lord and Savior said, "I do not condemn you." He forgave her. Why wont you accept that Jesus forgives people so that they can be with His Father?
That didn't have anything to do with the woman.

And I've already explained that there is no forgiveness necessary when one is never condemned.

Your message seems to be that God wont love a homosexual until they have been stoned to death.
You're a fool if that's your takeaway.

I see that you are not intellectually prepared to deal with this so maybe its best if we let it go.
I have no patience for idiots. Power hungry people are always idiots.

As noted, it was you that asserted that what Jesus wrote in the dirt had an impact on the outcome of this event. I have only ever dealt with what Jesus actually said.
You are arguing that it didn't have an effect. If it didn't then explain what was the point?

I suppose that depends on how you define "condemned". How would you care to define it?
It works like this: Condemned-forgiven-no longer condemned.

Yes, He did.
How so? I have never been guilty of murder.

Sorry, I don't buy into your BE-legalism so I will not split nonexistent hairs with you.
You are exceptionally ignorant.

I see that hypothetical situation are well beyond you reasoning ability. We should probably drop this point as well.
Or maybe you should study the law if you wish to argue against it.

It is interesting to note that the response you did provide actually does more to get you out of stoning somebody than support your statement that they should be stoned. Would you stone somebody if you had the authority to do so?
I've already answered that question above.

Maybe to keep from looking anybody in the eye. Maybe He just doodled while people considered what He has said. As I said, we do not know what He wrote so there is no honest way to say anything about what He wrote.
Fool

TracerBullet

If the gay gene could be identified and the foetus was seen to be gay an abortion would at least be quick and efficient? :plain:

no, abortion is always wrong even if the fetus is gay. However the second that gay/lesbian baby is born it is all right to murder...i mean...righteously execute it in the delivery room

zoo22

No. I'm trying to establish who is pro-death penalty. Are you?

No. I'm against the death penalty. Why? Who would advocate executing homosexuals (to death) if they are against the death penalty?

Why are folks discussing whether or not they agree with the death penalty?

I was asking:

What's the plan to execute homosexuals? This can't be so difficult. Surely folks must have thought it through.

How do you folks who advocate executing homosexuals propose that the extermination will unfold? What's the plan?

Anyway, there's already been plenty of talk about Hitler and gay nazis earlier in the thread:

Nazis were homosexuals.

[... and Scott Lively and pink swastikas and so forth]

And there's been a lot of what looks to be deadlocked dispute about what the Bible actually says. The putting people to death and whatnot. You'd think He'd have made it clearer... What with it being His inerrant written word and everything. Well, mysterious ways. Right?

Mysterious.

But yeah, this thread was to talk about what the Christians with sincere religious belief that homosexuals should be put to death think as far as a plan goes. What's the plan? It seems like I'm the only one who's giving any plan examples. Weird. Then recently I've been amazed at how so many folks seem to sidestep the whole "they shall surely be put to death" thing. Really an unfortunate situation.

Last edited:

alwight

no, abortion is always wrong even if the fetus is gay. However the second that gay/lesbian baby is born it is all right to murder...i mean...righteously execute it in the delivery room
Yes, after sprinkling with Holy water and a few mumbled righteous words.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Execute gay peopkle ! Great ! Then let's round up all the Jews in America , including me, and execute them too . Then all Non-Christians , left-handed people , people who commit adultery , people who eat pork and shellfish , both clearly proscribed by the Bible ,
children who sass their parents , people with green eyes (I'm one),
etc .
This would be a fine example of conservative "smaller government " and "limited government ".

Christian Liberty

Lighthouse, just out of curiosity, I remember you saying awhile back (unless this is a bad memory) that blasphemy shouldn't be criminalized in the New Covenant. Could you remind me what your reason was, if this is the case?

For everyone else here, nobody is advocating "exterminating" homosexuals. Ex post facto laws are (at least normally, and certainly in this case) inappropriate. So this law going into effect wouldn't immediately kill anyone. For future cases, there would actually have to be evidence, which most of the time wouldn't be the case except in case of public activity. So, it would closet homosexuality and you couldn't do it openly, but it wouldn't be extermination.

Christian Liberty

Execute gay peopkle ! Great ! Then let's round up all the Jews in America , including me, and execute them too . Then all Non-Christians , left-handed people , people who commit adultery , people who eat pork and shellfish , both clearly proscribed by the Bible ,
etc .
This would be a fine example of conservative "smaller government " and "limited government ".

True theonomy (which is different than the version usually advocated here) would be among the smallest governments ever known to mankind.

The Bible doesn't say that any of those things on your list should be death penalties, save adultery.

TracerBullet

Lighthouse, just out of curiosity, I remember you saying awhile back (unless this is a bad memory) that blasphemy shouldn't be criminalized in the New Covenant. Could you remind me what your reason was, if this is the case?

For everyone else here, nobody is advocating "exterminating" homosexuals. Ex post facto laws are (at least normally, and certainly in this case) inappropriate. So this law going into effect wouldn't immediately kill anyone. For future cases, there would actually have to be evidence, which most of the time wouldn't be the case except in case of public activity. So, it would closet homosexuality and you couldn't do it openly, but it wouldn't be extermination.

Se as long as people hide in the closet or in the attic they don't have to fear being murdered.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So this law going into effect wouldn't immediately kill anyone. For future cases, there would actually have to be evidence, which most of the time wouldn't be the case except in case of public activity. So, it would closet homosexuality and you couldn't do it openly, but it wouldn't be extermination.

So ... the act is to be treated as murder (insofar as punishment) ... though it's not serious enough to actually investigate?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Se as long as people hide in the closet or in the attic they don't have to fear being murdered.

Nothing says "this is a crime that is on the same level as murder" as advocating those committing the act should just keep it hidden.

Don't most *criminals* hide their criminal activity?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
etc .
Are you able to support your assertion that the Bible says to execute all of these people?

The New Covenant is not in play here. My reason for not advocating religious laws is because I'm not advocating any laws for religious reasons.

They could still be caught if they did it in private.

True theonomy (which is different than the version usually advocated here) would be among the smallest governments ever known to mankind.
There's a difference between theonomy and theocracy.

Last edited: