Executing homosexuals

TracerBullet

You don't know me. You don't know what I desire. I wasn't raised to hate sinners. And I don't want to hate them. But God hates them, and when I submitted to Him rather than the false teachings of men I felt the change.

What you don't understand, and without God never will, is that, as He does, I also love them. I want them to repent.
Don't blame God for your decision to hate others

Are you going to actually refute my point?
Quip already did a rather nice job of that already.

TracerBullet

I support more liberty than you do. Guaranteed.

I don't support "putting millions of people to death." I support executing anyone who commits a homosexual act in the presence of two or more witnesses after righteous laws banning such are passed, because that's what the Bible says.

and would you be volunteering to carry out these murders yourself?

Christian Liberty

and would you be volunteering to carry out these murders yourself?

Heck, let me turn this question around on you. Would you volunteer to enforce every government program you believe in yourself?

That said, we aren't talking about murder, but Biblically supported execution. In which case, of course I wouldn't be unwilling to do something that I believe should be done.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I don't support "putting millions of people to death." I support executing anyone who commits a homosexual act in the presence of two or more witnesses after righteous laws banning such are passed, because that's what the Bible says.

I'm not sure I'd take the word of two people who thought that it was appropriate to stand around and watch. :AMR:

TracerBullet

Heck, let me turn this question around on you. Would you volunteer to enforce every government program you believe in yourself?

That said, we aren't talking about murder, but Biblically supported execution. In which case, of course I wouldn't be unwilling to do something that I believe should be done.

Biblically supported execution = murder

Christian Liberty

No ... you do not.

That is not supporting liberty ... quite the opposite, in fact. It is quite apparent that you do not understand the word liberty.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberty

freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.

freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.

freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.

I agree with freedom by that definition. I doubt you do.

I'm not sure I'd take the word of two people who thought that it was appropriate to stand around and watch. :AMR:

LOL!

Biblically supported execution = murder

Says the "Christian".

Admins, are you ever going to force this guy to change his religious affiliation? His claim to be "Christian" is blasphemous.

I mean, it would be one thing if he laid out some type of exegetical argument that would indicate that that penalty was only for Israel and that it would be murderous for Christians to implement it. I could tolerate that, even if I wouldn't agree. But this kind of stupid drivel? Really?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't agree with your narrow, self serving view of liberty ...

LOL!

Says the "Christian".

Admins, are you ever going to force this guy to change his religious affiliation? His claim to be "Christian" is blasphemous.

I mean, it would be one thing if he laid out some type of exegetical argument that would indicate that that penalty was only for Israel and that it would be murderous for Christians to implement it. I could tolerate that, even if I wouldn't agree. But this kind of stupid drivel? Really?

So now the guy who claims to value liberty wishes to censor the label another member uses to self identify.

You could always censor yourself by putting him on ignore ...

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

LOL!

Says the "Christian".

You're trying to get the admins to make him change affiliation because he doesn't believe in executing a human being based on an outdated justice system? Pathetic

Arthur Brain

LOL! Says the guy who supports a massive government. I want government so small it can run on donations.

I'd sooner see a different system of government but that's besides the point here. You say you agree with the dictionary definition of liberty and yet you argue for things that run directly counter to that.

Christian Liberty

Also = unconstitutional

I don't worship the constitution, but it isn't actually unconstitutional for state governments to pass laws punishing open homosexuality with death. Now, the illogical supreme court rulings are a different matter.
A crappy argument against mass murder?

In your mind what God commanded = mass murder. Yet you call yourself a Christian. That claim is a lie.
I'd sooner see a different system of government but that's besides the point here. You say you agree with the dictionary definition of liberty and yet you argue for things that run directly counter to that.

I believe in liberty in every single area where God's Law does not say liberty should be denied. God's Law is the standard for liberty.

Arthur Brain

I believe in liberty in every single area where God's Law does not say liberty should be denied. God's Law is the standard for liberty.

Plenty of Christians, most in fact do not advocate the DP for homosexuality or certain sexual indiscretions. Regardless of whether you think they're wrong does not change the fact that what you advocate runs counter to the actual definition of liberty posted by Rusha. What you propose is a system that denies people liberty based on your own interpretation of how a supposed theonomy or whatever should run. It would have been more honest to say that you supported a state that executed people for "sexual crimes" than claiming that you agreed with the actual definition of liberty as outlined.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
I don't worship the constitution, but it isn't actually unconstitutional for state governments to pass laws punishing open homosexuality with death. Now, the illogical supreme court rulings are a different matter.

In your mind what God commanded = mass murder. Yet you call yourself a Christian. That claim is a lie.

It would be unconstitutional for any law to be made on a purely religious basis. A homosexual death penalty law would only be pushed by those on the religious radical right. So it's unconstitutional

Christian Liberty

It would be unconstitutional for any law to be made on a purely religious basis. A homosexual death penalty law would only be pushed by those on the religious radical right. So it's unconstitutional

All laws are on purely a religious basis.

Who cares if its "the same argument Muslims use." Are you saying that Muslims take their religion more seriously than you take yours?