Executing homosexuals

Christian Liberty

Se as long as people hide in the closet or in the attic they don't have to fear being murdered.

Being executed, more likei t.
So ... the act is to be treated as murder (insofar as punishment) ... though it's not serious enough to actually investigate?

Its not quite as serious as murder (or as easy to investigate) but God says the punishment should be death. I agree with God.
Are you able to support your assertion that the Bible says to execute all of these people?

Adulterers, but that's about it.

The New Covenant is not in play here. My reason for not advocating religious laws is because I'm not advocating any laws for religious reasons.

The problem is that's false. EVERYONE advocates laws for religious reasons. Morality is religious. At the very least, accept it.
They could still be caught if they did it in private.

True, it could happen. But there's a difference between something that will sometimes happen, and something that will always happen.

There's a difference between theonomy and theocracy.

Depending on the definitions involved, I support both. Can you define each?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say the Bible literally requires the things I mentioned . I was using hyperbole to show how terrible the idea that people should be executed for being gay is .
It's no better than Hitler and the Nazis killing people merely for being Jews . Even though I'm heterosexual , I would NOT want to live in an
America where gay people were executed by the government . Neither would
millions of other Americans .

quip

BANNED
Banned
If it's indeed god's decree that all homosexuals be punished by death...then why doesn't he simply eradicate the lot by a mere thought? Isn't it suspicious that man has stationed himself as to dispatch god's wrath...as if there's a difference between the two.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Adulterers, but that's about it.
That's pretty much why I was asking.

The problem is that's false. EVERYONE advocates laws for religious reasons. Morality is religious. At the very least, accept it.
Morality comes from God, yes, but that doesn't necessarily make it religious.

But if you want to split hairs I'll refer to those laws as ceremonial.

True, it could happen. But there's a difference between something that will sometimes happen, and something that will always happen.
Agreed. I was just clarifying.

Depending on the definitions involved, I support both. Can you define each?
Theocracy is where all laws are mandated by sacred text/a god [whether real or imagined], and all laws, even those specifically about worshiping said deity, are included.

Theonomy is where the criminal and civil laws are the only laws enacted, but they obviously come from a deity as source. The laws related to the worship of said deity are not included.

Calling murder execution makes it more palatable to you but it doesn't change what it is
Is that anything like calling murder "choice"?

I didn't say the Bible literally requires the things I mentioned . I was using hyperbole to show how terrible the idea that people should be executed for being gay is .
It's no better than Hitler and the Nazis killing people merely for being Jews . Even though I'm heterosexual , I would NOT want to live in an
America where gay people were executed by the government . Neither would
millions of other Americans .
Nobody is suggesting executing them for being gay.

TracerBullet

Thankfully, it's not something we will ever see in America. :)

um yeah. you do know that until very recently in our country gays could be imprisoned, subjected to medical torture and even killed right?

Example: In 1954 dozens of men in Des Moines were arrested and imprisoned because they were gay. They subjected to lobotomies and many without anesthesia as it was considered pointless and a good number died on the operating table. those that lived were reduced to near vegetative states and all died within 2 years

Christian Liberty

Theocracy is where all laws are mandated by sacred text/a god [whether real or imagined], and all laws, even those specifically about worshiping said deity, are included.

Theonomy is where the criminal and civil laws are the only laws enacted, but they obviously come from a deity as source. The laws related to the worship of said deity are not included.

I'm probably somewhere in between. I support banning blasphemy.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
um yeah. you do know that until very recently in our country gays could be imprisoned, subjected to medical torture and even killed right?

Example: In 1954 dozens of men in Des Moines were arrested and imprisoned because they were gay. They subjected to lobotomies and many without anesthesia as it was considered pointless and a good number died on the operating table. those that lived were reduced to near vegetative states and all died within 2 years

I wasn't speaking of 50 years ago, but rather currently.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its not quite as serious as murder (or as easy to investigate) but God says the punishment should be death. I agree with God.

Uh huh. Sex. Between consenting adults. Not *quite* as serious. As murder.

Being that your POV changes like the seasons, perhaps you might concentrate on changing your username to something that doesn't pretend you support liberty.

zoo22

For everyone else here, nobody is advocating "exterminating" homosexuals. Ex post facto laws are (at least normally, and certainly in this case) inappropriate. So this law going into effect wouldn't immediately kill anyone. For future cases, there would actually have to be evidence, which most of the time wouldn't be the case except in case of public activity. So, it would closet homosexuality and you couldn't do it openly, but it wouldn't be extermination.

Oh baloney. It doesn't have anything to do with ex post facto. It's so ridiculous the religious extremists who advocate that homosexuals are executed run away from admitting that means they want them exterminated. Sorry you don't like that it sounds as nasty as it is, but yes, if you're advocating that homosexuals be put to death, you want them exterminated.

It's pathetic listening to that same "Well no, we don't advocate exterminating homosexuals... We just advocate that they be put to death" tripe over and over and over and over from you folks.

Would you say that because child rapists are "closeted" and "can't do it openly" you don't want them exterminated?

Please.

It's as lame as the folks who say "Oh we don't want homosexuals executed... We just want them to stop being homosexuals! See? (But um, if they don't stop being homosexuals, we advocate that they're executed.)" Just because you'd rather get your first choice doesn't mean you don't want your second choice.

You folks just don't like the way exterminated sounds. Boo hoo. If you're going to support putting millions of people to death, have the guts to accept that it's a pretty nasty proposition and stop trying to sweep the ugliness of it under the carpet.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I remember that I responded to a couple more posts before the database error, but I don't recall them exactly so hopefully we can get that squared away.

hatred and violence directed at a minority is alwyas a choice
Hatred of sin is born of a love for God, which is born of His love for us.

Your definition of violence needs to be clarified; but I will agree that executing people, whether or not the deserve it, is a choice.

Homosexuals are not a minority in the same way blacks, Hispanics or Asians are a minority. You don't get a homosexual child from the pairing of two homosexuals.

Skin color is demonstrably genetic; homosexuality is not.

I'm probably somewhere in between. I support banning blasphemy.
Why?

TracerBullet

I remember that I responded to a couple more posts before the database error, but I don't recall them exactly so hopefully we can get that squared away.

Hatred of sin is born of a love for God, which is born of His love for us.
Don't blame God for your decision to hate others

Homosexuals are not a minority in the same way blacks, Hispanics or Asians are a minority. You don't get a homosexual child from the pairing of two homosexuals.

I'm sure you like to pretend this so you can feel just a little morally superior to racists but you aren't any different from them.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Don't blame God for your decision to hate others
You don't know me. You don't know what I desire. I wasn't raised to hate sinners. And I don't want to hate them. But God hates them, and when I submitted to Him rather than the false teachings of men I felt the change.

What you don't understand, and without God never will, is that, as He does, I also love them. I want them to repent.

I'm sure you like to pretend this so you can feel just a little morally superior to racists but you aren't any different from them.
Are you going to actually refute my point?

Christian Liberty

Uh huh. Sex. Between consenting adults. Not *quite* as serious. As murder.

Being that your POV changes like the seasons, perhaps you might concentrate on changing your username to something that doesn't pretend you support liberty.

I support more liberty than you do. Guaranteed.

Oh baloney. It doesn't have anything to do with ex post facto. It's so ridiculous the religious extremists who advocate that homosexuals are executed run away from admitting that means they want them exterminated. Sorry you don't like that it sounds as nasty as it is, but yes, if you're advocating that homosexuals be put to death, you want them exterminated.

It's pathetic listening to that same "Well no, we don't advocate exterminating homosexuals... We just advocate that they be put to death" tripe over and over and over and over from you folks.

Would you say that because child rapists are "closeted" and "can't do it openly" you don't want them exterminated?

Please.

It's as lame as the folks who say "Oh we don't want homosexuals executed... We just want them to stop being homosexuals! See? (But um, if they don't stop being homosexuals, we advocate that they're executed.)" Just because you'd rather get your first choice doesn't mean you don't want your second choice.

You folks just don't like the way exterminated sounds. Boo hoo. If you're going to support putting millions of people to death, have the guts to accept that it's a pretty nasty proposition and stop trying to sweep the ugliness of it under the carpet.

I don't support "putting millions of people to death." I support executing anyone who commits a homosexual act in the presence of two or more witnesses after righteous laws banning such are passed, because that's what the Bible says.

Leviticus 24:16

Moreover, the one who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall certainly stone him. The alien as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

The bold definitively proves that this law is not exclusively for Israelites (I'd say the general equity of a law applying to Israelites only would be applied to church members, but I realize that this comes out of my covenant theology) but for anyone, whether pagan or Christian (I am not sure how your dispensationalism affects this.)

quip

BANNED
Banned

Being a minority is not simply an issue of race. It involves power, recognition/respect, equal protection and representation (Read: lackthereof)

Homosexuals surely fit the mold here...by way of idiots such as yourself.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I support more liberty than you do. Guaranteed.

No ... you do not.

Christian Liberty said:
I support executing anyone who commits a homosexual act in the presence of two or more witnesses after righteous laws banning such are passed, because that's what the Bible says.

That is not supporting liberty ... quite the opposite, in fact. It is quite apparent that you do not understand the word liberty.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liberty

freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.

freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.

freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.