Big Dave all up in this piece

Big Dave

Welcome to TOL and I for one do not at all believe your soul is in jeopardy. Some people take the responsibilty for salvation of others upon themselves.

Jesus said he would handle it and I take the man at his word.

Enjoy your life and live in peace within and without.

Interesting, may I ask why? Please understand all research I have done on Christianity, and spent time speaking with Christians, points to Jesus calling himself "the way, the truth, and the life" and that "no one comes to the Father but through me". I'm not "knocking" your position, I have honestly just never had a Christian tell me otherwise.

I thank you for the kind words! I hope you are well.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Interesting, may I ask why? Please understand all research I have done on Christianity, and spent time speaking with Christians, points to Jesus calling himself "the way, the truth, and the life" and that "no one comes to the Father but through me". I'm not "knocking" your position, I have honestly just never had a Christian tell me otherwise.

I thank you for the kind words! I hope you are well.

Matthew recorded, "And Jesus went about all the cities and villages teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every sickness and every disease among the people." Matthew 9:35)

What you will hear for the most part on TOL is not the gospel Jesus preached about God's kingdom, but a different gospel, not the gospel of Christ but a gospel about Christ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
OK. Why do Christians and Muslims feel that God is "silent" now (as in no major revelations/messengers), but Rabbinical Judaism (Karaia Judaism is very different but the Karaities/Kariims are an extreme minority) teaches that God has never remained silent for long (see; Maimonides, Rambam, Rambam II, ect.).

This is not a biblical nor theological question.

Christians do not believe "God is silent."

You are introducing argumentation apart from reality.

There is a difference between "learning" and "converting". I expect the Christians and Muslims on this site to attempt to convert me, as both faiths are proselytizing in nature (Rabbinical Judaism is the exception in the Abrahamic Faiths).

You assume effort will be made to "convert" you on this site.

Why?

I cannot get upset if a Christian tells me of the Gospel, they are merely doing as Jesus commanded them to do. Just because I have no desire to convert does not mean I do not desire to learn why said Christian(s) believes as they do. Have they witnessed God's majesty/something supernatural? Raised that way?

No pagan I have ever met, truly wants to know why Christians believe in the Incarnate Son of God. None.

Sorry, but I question your motives, since you openly deny the deity of Christ and confess you have no desire to believe in Him.

So why subject yourself or join such a theological discussion site?

All I can surmise, is you have your own ungodly agenda . . .

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
One other thing while I think about it, Big Dave, you sound like a righteous man and Jesus said he did not come to call the righteous to repentance.

You're off the hook in terms of Christianity.

Live in peace.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew recorded, "And Jesus went about all the cities and villages teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every sickness and every disease among the people." Matthew 9:35)

What you will hear for the most part on TOL is not the gospel Jesus preached about God's kingdom, but a different gospel, not the gospel of Christ but a gospel about Christ.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Confessing pagans unrepentantly worship Satan and oppose Jesus Christ.

They never enter the church or Christian discussion, with good motives.

Beware . . .

Big Dave

This is not a biblical nor theological question.

Christians do not believe "God is silent."

You are introducing argumentation apart from reality.

You assume effort will be made to "convert" you on this site.

Why?

No pagan I have ever met, truly wants to know why Christians believe in the Incarnate Son of God. None.

Sorry, but I question your motives, since you openly deny the deity of Christ and confess you have no desire to believe in Him.

So why subject yourself or join such a theological discussion site?

All I can surmise, is you have your own ungodly agenda . . .

That is very much a Theological questions. Rabinnical Judaism has considerably more books than the ones found in the KJV (The Talmud being of great importance).

So, do you yourself believe God has ordained any messengers of late? I do not mean ministers/evangelists.

Why would they try to convert me? The site's very description refers to it as a having "theological and Christian forums", which would only lead me to the conclusion that there are Christians here, and I will likely interact with them (as I already am). Christians proselytize.

You do not know me aside from what I have posted, yet you judge me and my "ungodly motives". I've made it quite clear, I do not in any way wish to tell someone to not believe in something, or to believe in something. People have the right to hold their own religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

Why "subject myself"? You speak as though this is torture. I promise I have zero religious agenda. My life is occupied with my ex-wife neededing ear surgery as she is in constant migraines, so I will have my daughters for up to 6 weeks, wondering if they (my girls) will be accepted into the private school we applied them for, taking care care of the stray cat I brought in that recently had kittens and trying to find them homes without resorting to the Humane Society, worrying about my paternal grandfather slipping into late-stage dementia, and being concerned the A/C system made some "funny noises" yesterday, and it is already well into the triple-digits here. My agenda is to try and take care of those things/worry about those things, not try to change someone's religious views.

Don't be so quick to judge. Sorry if others left a "bad taste in your mouth", but I am not them.

Big Dave

Confessing pagans unrepentantly worship Satan and oppose Jesus Christ.

They never enter the church or Christian discussion, with good motives.

Beware . . .

Why would I oppose Jesus if I am perfectly fine with my daughters being raised Christian? Think about that.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why would I oppose Jesus if I am perfectly fine with my daughters being raised Christian? Think about that.

Because "believing in Jesus" is just another religious concept in your thinking.

It means nothing to you, if you deny He is God.

Big Dave

Actually, it does mean something to me. My girls love church and Jesus. This is a large and important part of their lives. If it makes them happy, I am all for it.

I oppose pedos and other assorted scum, Nang. Not Jesus, not the bible, and not believers.

Posted from the TOL App!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Actually, it does mean something to me. My girls love church and Jesus. This is a large and important part of their lives. If it makes them happy, I am all for it.

I oppose pedos and other assorted scum, Nang. Not Jesus, not the bible, and not believers.

Posted from the TOL App!

What I am trying to express to you Dave, is that superstitious/superficial religion, that only gives lip service to Jesus Christ, is not enough to use in a moral fight against the "scumbags" of this world.

And paganism is purely superstitious/superficial religionism only.

Only genuine faith in the biblical truths of the Son of God, revealed by God in His word, as come in flesh as the Son of Man, contains the spiritual power to oppose any evil you can name.

Big Dave

What I am trying to express to you Dave, is that superstitious/superficial religion, that only gives lip service to Jesus Christ, is not enough to use in a moral fight against the "scumbags" of this world.

And paganism is purely superstitious/superficial religionism only.

Only genuine faith in the biblical truths of the Son of God, revealed by God in His word, as come in flesh as the Son of Man, contains the spiritual power to oppose any evil you can name.

OK. I have to agree about the superstitious part. I could very much be described as "superstitious".

Please understand me. I do not take a spiritual/moral fight to those who I war against, but a physical one. We (myself and those I am associated with) fight with our computers. We shut down their filthy sites, we report them to the authorities, we make them miserable. We fight with phones, calling parole/probation officers of RSO (Registered Sex Offenders) if we find them on social media. We place notices, attend neighborhood/council meetings and voice our message. We teach parents how to keep their kids safe online.

One of my flaws, Nang, is that I am incredibly vindictive to those who harm children.

Please, just try to understand I am not your enemy, and I mean you no you malice. I believe you've been burned one-too-many times by non-believers, Nang. I believe you've had to unnecessarily defend your beliefs by those who just wish to mock you and get a "rise" out of you. I could be wrong, but it's what I sense. You don't have to, Nang, not by any means, but please *try* to understand I mean what I say.

David

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Posted from the TOL App!

Where do you derive your moral standings from? Just for the
sake of discussion, if there is no God, and no afterlife or judgment
to face; why would there be any need for laws, morals, and decency?

Let's take the, "So our lives won't be in chaos out of the equation!"
What other reasons would there be, for laws, morals, and decency?