Big Dave all up in this piece

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The vanity of man is in his insistence on some deep and abiding level that he is worthy of grace, or worthier than the next fellow. All have fallen short and no one merits. If we recognize the lie that we tell ourselves then we can have hope for any man, as Christ hoped and died for all.
What he said...

AMR

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was at an industry conference about 4 months ago, and participated in a round table discussion on sex offenders. Not a single psychologist could name one patient or client of theirs that was a repeated sex offender that had changed their ways or come to faith and truly repented. You are an idiot. Your ways are not God's ways, and you are an embarrassment to Christ's principles and God's laws.

While I'm sure it is true that a not a single psychologist can ever change the heart of a rapist or pedophile, the death burial and resurrection of the Son of Man can do just that! Still the rapist or pedophile should face earthly judgement for his crimes.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This may shock and bother you, but if pedos have a shot at heaven, I want no part of it. That is one of the biggest "roadblocks" in my life when it comes to ever embracing Christianity, is that it teaches that pedophiles and rapists can still be saved. I am not coming down on you or any Christian for believing that, as none of you wrote the Bible, and are merely following the teachings of your faith.

That's what Jesus said....."the prostitutes go in before you..."

IMJerusha

That's what Jesus said....."the prostitutes go in before you..."

Thanks for posting this supportive Scripture, Tottie!
Matthew 21:23-32 "Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. 'By what authority are you doing these things?' they asked. 'And who gave you this authority?' Jesus replied, 'I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?' They discussed it among themselves and said, 'If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ But if we say, ‘Of human origin’—we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet.' So they answered Jesus, 'We don’t know.' Then he said, 'Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things. What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’ ‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go. Which of the two did what his father wanted?' 'The first,' they answered. Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.' "

IMJerusha

Thanks for posting this supportive Scripture, Tottie!
Matthew 21:23-32 "Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. 'By what authority are you doing these things?' they asked. 'And who gave you this authority?' Jesus replied, 'I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. John’s baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or of human origin?' They discussed it among themselves and said, 'If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Then why didn’t you believe him?’ But if we say, ‘Of human origin’—we are afraid of the people, for they all hold that John was a prophet.' So they answered Jesus, 'We don’t know.' Then he said, 'Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things. What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’ ‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went. Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go. Which of the two did what his father wanted?' 'The first,' they answered. Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.' "

And what I pray that you, Dave, pick up from this is not an intended slap, which it isn't, but rather a call to God's Truth. Yeshua was declaring this to chief priests and elders, folks pretty high up on the religious chain. Religiosity and claiming faith is unimportant to God. What is important is faith in and love of Him; the attitude of the heart. People who truly believe show forth humility and love in action because that is what Ruach HaKodesh (the Holy Spirit) in them instills.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Infinite Love............

Infinite Love............

No one is beyond God's reach or love. Not the pedophile, the murderer, the thief, you or me.

Aumen :)

When we consider the profundity and infinity of God's LOVE....I don't see how any of us can put a qualifier or limit upon such, which must be something far beyond our mortal finite minds to even comprehend, since our minds cannot fathom or even contain the omnipotence of such love, assuming that 'God' is actually LOVE.

In the light of eternity,....even if some souls might continue to rebel, reject or stubbornly resist God's grace,...who is to say that divine Love cannot ultimately and finally convert the soul? In this respect, I've leaned towards a universalist view,...since my own experience of divine Love has been so awesome as to leave an impression on my spirit that could never be denied, impressed on my soul-record forever. I don't see how any genuine experience of truth (reality) could ever be erased, except if souls COULD make a final and eternal CHOICE to reject 'God', where that soul suffers a 'death' that there is no resurrection from, that soul being 'snuffed' out of existence, its elements being re-integrated back into the collective consciousness or universal Spirit. But this is a more complex subject. I cover more on the destiny of souls, challenging the concept of 'eternal conscious torment' (in hellfire) entertained by some traditional Christians here.

I would remind us that while some souls may appear to not have any conversion toward 'God' on earth,...why would Love's reach towards them be terminated or ended at one's physical death....when such is merely one physical event within the span of eternity, while divine providence extends beyond what we could ever know of for sure, seeing that LOVE will avail itself to its full powers and potential to fulfill itself, as long as a soul has the 'ability' or 'capacity' to repent and respond to love. Anyone assuming otherwise might be deficient in their 'assumption' to know Love's limits, or the power of the soul to respond at last to the divine will.

As a universalist at heart, and one giving 'God' all that 'God' means and affords,....I'm ever optimistic, until I'm enlightened otherwise.

pj

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
This may shock and bother you, but if pedos have a shot at heaven, I want no part of it. That is one of the biggest "roadblocks" in my life when it comes to ever embracing Christianity, is that it teaches that pedophiles and rapists can still be saved. I am not coming down on you or any Christian for believing that, as none of you wrote the Bible, and are merely following the teachings of your faith.

I sympathize with your emotions regarding pedophilia in particular. I would not be able to trust my actions, in the heat of the moment, if I ever came upon a situation of this type without someone to restrain me. I shudder to think of it.

However, if we think clearly about this for a moment, this is evidence that we have been made (spiritually and morally) in the image of God but our nature is damaged.

We exhibit righteous outrage at an obvious injustice committed and rush to protect and avenge the innocent (image of God part) but our minds become clouded with murderous thoughts of committing yet another injustice (damaged nature part).

However, to God, there is something worse - the direct or indirect denial of His existence by His own creatures (us) who were made in His image. This effectively leaves us on our own to punish evil which is a great mistake. Without God you are left alone in the same boat with the pedophile and you have thrown your only ally overboard. This comes from only one place - unbelief.

His justice is infinitely more accurate, righteous and powerful than we could ever hope for. "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

Matt 12:30KJV

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't see how any genuine experience of truth (reality) could ever be erased, except if souls COULD make a final and eternal CHOICE to reject 'God', where that soul suffers a 'death' that there is no resurrection from, that soul being 'snuffed' out of existence, its elements being re-integrated back into the collective consciousness or universal Spirit.

God created men and women in his image and his likeness. One aspect of God is that he has choice and he imparted that aspect of choice to humans.

God commands the people he calls to choose life, keeping in mind that the vast majority of people are not called during their first lifetime. Most people will choose Christ after their resurrection, and that is what that resurrection is for.

A few will be resurrected at Christ's coming to serve with him in the kingdom of God.

God has delegated to Jesus the authority to extend life to whomever he will, either now or then. In the second resurrection those who do not choose Christ do not choose life, which is what God tells them to do. Those that don't choose life disobey God's command, which is sin from which there is no recovery.

It will be our job to make sure everyone makes a right decision with regard to Christ.

Cleekster

OK, first and foremost, I am not a "Pinko Commie" (lol!). I'm actually a Centrist, but "Pinko Commie" is too funny to pass up.

Well, as the screen name would indicate, I'm Dave...and I'm big (6'0 tall, about 250lbs). I am a divorced father of two (fraternal twin daughters), though my ex-wife and I are best friends (we still have family meals and family days together). Most people that meet me would describe me as "boring but good natured". It takes quite a bit to "rile me up", unless one is a bona fide scumbag (see below).

It's difficult to describe my religious beliefs. Somewhat of a mixture between Shamanism and Paganism, except I do not enter (or attempt to enter) trance-like states (for any reason), and I also do not have a patron/god/goddess (though I do not discount that higher beings may in all likelihood exist). I believe in ghosts and earthbound spirits, whether benevolent, neutral, or malevolent (Spiritualism), as well as that all living things have a soul/spirit (Animism).

Let it be known, I am not here to start fights. While the inevitable debate will, of course, happen, it is not my goal. I am infatuated with Religion/Mythology, but not the "what people believe", but the "why people believe". I assure any reader I am not here to try and change/alter another's religious belief system (or lack thereof). While I do not worship the Abrahamic God, but I see no harm in it if one does. My daughters are being raised Christian, as their mother is devout (Pentecostal). Before our children were even conceived, I agreed that they would be raised in her faith. When I have them (every weekend and often random days throughout the month), we pray at meals, as they do at her house. They love Jesus, and there isn't enough money in the world for me to ever take that joy from them.

As mentioned above, I am politically a Centrist. Not terribly uncommon for one person to find me too liberal, and another to find me too conservative. It is in this arena I will likely engage in more debate, whereas in religious matters I will likely ask more questions (and don't worry, they aren't trick/trap questions).

Now, to the scumbags lol. As long as one is not a pedophile, sex offender, child abuser, animal abuser, someone who abuses/exploits the elderly or vulnerable, or a bully (especially a RIP Troll), we should get along fine. Understand I have been in the past (and still to a degree am) involved in activism (both offline and online) against those types. Do understand, also, that I am fully aware of the difference between spanking and child abuse.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know the lot of you!

Welcome Big Dave, i enjoyed reading your post...very informative :)

revpete

God created men and women in his image and his likeness. One aspect of God is that he has choice and he imparted that aspect of choice to humans.

God commands the people he calls to choose life, keeping in mind that the vast majority of people are not called during their first lifetime. Most people will choose Christ after their resurrection, and that is what that resurrection is for.

A few will be resurrected at Christ's coming to serve with him in the kingdom of God.

God has delegated to Jesus the authority to extend life to whomever he will, either now or then. In the second resurrection those who do not choose Christ do not choose life, which is what God tells them to do. Those that don't choose life disobey God's command, which is sin from which there is no recovery.

It will be our job to make sure everyone makes a right decision with regard to Christ.

Er... Not sure what Bible the bit about "the vast majority of people are not called during their first lifetime" is in. Or are using some sort of sophisticated spiritual language that the vast majority of us common folk do not understand?

Blessings: Pete <><

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Er... Not sure what Bible the bit about "the vast majority of people are not called during their first lifetime" is in. Or are using some sort of sophisticated spiritual language that the vast majority of us common folk do not understand?

It's a fact of life. Do you really believe the majority of people in the world today are Christians?

Jesus said no one can come to him except the Father draw him. It should be evident that the Father is not trying to save the world today.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5)​

In their next life they will be called to salvation.

Paul taught, "For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called, but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty, and base things of the world and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not to bring to nought things that are that no flesh should glory in his presence. (1 Corinthians 1:26-29)

If you have been called then it's likely you are not wise, noble or mighty.

We will deal with those types of people in the second resurrection time period.