ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

SaulToPaul 2

I recall, however, after "The Great Trib" in the late 1960's, in "Return to Mayberry," he sobered up, and was employed as the town's ice-cream man. Curious.

Interesting. No wonder when I told Ange I wanted a cone, he told me to just call the man.

Danoh

The more I observe the back and forth on here - when actual issues are being addressed - the more I see that neither side will actually get anywhere with the other - not when each side's systems are simply too diametrically different from one another for back and forth sound bytes to ever have a hope of making their hoped for impact.

Unless the intent is sharing, comparing, and exploring - itself a rare quality between some within any "faith."

Danoh

Why should the truth be compromised?

There is the problem - each mans definition of compromise - too often a convenient one.

You and I differ in our understanding of some things.

To buy into the other's understanding for the sake of peace would be an unsound compromise.

But so would denigrating one another just becuase we differ in said understandings.

It was the hypocrites who took issue with the sinners in Matt. thru John.

The Lord had no problem hearing out their understandings and sharing His Own; that Its seed fall on what ground it might.

He knew full well that vengeance was His. That in the end everyman will bow to Him whether for the better or the worse.

He forced no one to His will. That day of His wrath is His alone.

I guess I've burned out my rationalizing how I can address those that opppose themselves, in light of how "following Paul" calls one to.

2Tim 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why not accept that the sins of the Body of Christ were blotted out before the 2nd coming? This is contrary to Acts 3.

Because Paul tells us they weren't.

Paul told his audience of believers that each day their salvation was nearer than when they first believed.

That doesn't apply to believers today any more than Paul telling us the gospel he preached went to the Jew first.

Paul also makes the connection between him and his audience and the Exodus Generation in 1 Cor 10.

Paul tells those Corinthians that the "culmination of the ages" had come upon him and his audience.

Interplanner

The more I observe the back and forth on here - when actual issues are being addressed - the more I see that neither side will actually get anywhere with the other - not when each side's systems are simply too diametrically different from one another for back and forth sound bytes to ever have a hope of making their hoped for impact.

Unless the intent is sharing, comparing, and exploring - itself a rare quality between some within any "faith."

Does someone here have a position against the overlapping of the covenants described by Hebrews?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does someone here have a position against the overlapping of the covenants described by Hebrews?

Yes, every MADist on this site.

They have to deny the NC, or else their MAD doesn't work.

Therefore, not only do they all deny the overlap, they deny there ever was a NC.

MAD is a mess.

Interplanner

Oh, OK. I thought their position was that there was a magic moment in Acts someplace where one stopped and the other took over, and only the adepts can see it. Ie, the Madepts.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But so would denigrating one another just becuase we differ in said understandings.

If Paul weren't clear, and he was a fraud like Nostradamus, then your claim would mean something.

Last edited:

Danoh

Yes, every MADist on this site.

They have to deny the NC, or else their MAD doesn't work.

Therefore, not only do they all deny the overlap, they deny there ever was a NC.

MAD is a mess.

Intended or not, that amounts to slander on your part.

It is not that we feel compelled to deny one thing in order that another not fall apart, or in order that another work.

Rather, because things lay out the way they do, we feel compelled to hold them as such.

In light of how they lay out, we feel "we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth" 2 Cor. 13:8.

Okay, so you differ with that. So you see something different.

It is also fair to say that you clearly do not understand neither Dispensationalism, nor do you from the Mid-Acts Perspective we under stand things from.

That is fine. It is where you are. Just as where we each of us is, is where each of us is.

But is that cause to slander us?

And please, don't attempt to rationalize some sort of a payback for the way some have responded to you, whether or not theirs was just or unjust.

Two wrongs still do not make a right.

We each still have both a responsibility to conduct ourselves both with fairness and dignity, if for no other reason than because it is in the sight of the Lord.

Hopefully my response is viewed from that. Lord knows I have had my own fool moments.

2 Cor 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Intended or not, that amounts to slander on your part.

You need to look up the definition of "slander".

I simply stated the view of most MADists on TOL

Example:

I deny that the new covenant is enacted today.

You know that the results of the New Covenant have not come to pass except in your imagination.

Where's the slander?

MADists have to deny the OC, or MAD doesn't work.

You're a MAD. You know if the NC was put in place, MAD falls apart.

Why play games?

Just admit you deny the NC was put in place.

MADists are the only people I know who not only deny the history of their belief system, they are also embarrassed by what they believe.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hebrews 8:6 KJV - Hebrews 8:7-8 KJV - Hebrews 9:15 KJV -

Mark 14:24 KJV -

All written to the Jews

Written by Paul:

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Danoh

You need to look up the definition of "slander".

I simply stated the view of most MADists on TOL

Example:

Where's the slander?

MADists have to deny the OC, or MAD doesn't work.

You're a MAD. You know if the NC was put in place, MAD falls apart.

Why play games?

Just admit you deny the NC was put in place.

MADists are the only people I know who not only deny the history of their belief system, they are also embarrassed by what they believe.

To say that we deny something is your understanding of what we are asserting.

Asserting we are up to no good through it is slander.

Besides the understanding of the NC differs within Mid-Acts groups. Do you know what the differences are?

No, you do not.

Rationalize it how you will, it is slander.

Danoh

Written by Paul:

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Ask DP and he will point out that it says "A" - new, not "THE" new...

The understanding differs within various groups within Mid-Acts, just as you and Interplanner hold to much in the same way, but not in other things.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To say that we deny something is your understanding of what we are asserting.

Asserting we are up to no good through it is slander.

Besides the understanding of the NC differs within Mid-Acts groups. Do you know what the differences are?

No, you do not.

Rationalize it how you will, it is slander.

Why don't you quit playing games and tell us about the new covenant?

Was it implemented at the cross?

Is it in place today?

Like I said, most of you MADists are embarrassed by your MAD.

It's like you guys are afraid to state what you believe because you know it can't be backed with scripture.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ask DP and he will point out that it says "A" - new, not "THE" new....

Read Hebrews 8

Don't know how anyone could read Hebrews 8, and still deny the NC.

However, that's what MADists do.

MADists have an agenda, and that agenda can't have the NC being put in place, otherwise MAD falls apart.