ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

heir

TOL Subscriber
Danoh puts up an article (http://www.graceandthetruth.com/articles/the_mystery.htm#8) that states it is error to believe that the why of the cross was a mystery and that it is also error that it was made known first to and through Paul.

Error #1 --- The Mystery is Christ's substitutionary death on the
cross.

There are some who teach that the substitutionary work of Christ was unknown until Paul and that this is the Mystery of which he speaks. However, the substitutionary death of Christ was revealed prior to Paul.

It was John the Baptist who declared:

"Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" And who can forget Isaiah's testimony concerning our Lord's death? (Isaiah 53:5-6,11).

Some who teach that the work of Christ is the Mystery claim that Isaiah 53 is somber in tone and that it presents us with One who was unjustly punished for the iniquities of others. However, verse 10 tells us plainly that "the Lord was pleased to crush Him" and verse 11 clearly tells us that "My
Servant, will justify the many, As he will bear their iniquities. " This does not speak to us of One who was unjustly punished, but of One who willingly took the place of sinners whom He thereby intended to justify.

Some who teach that the work of Christ is the Mystery also claim that we can now see that Isaiah was talking about the work of Christ, but that men in his day could not have understood it. owever, Paul tells us in Ephesians 3:8 that the Mystery is "untraceable". Any teaching that can be found
in the Old Testament cannot be the Mystery.
Let's look at the facts concerning who preached it first. It's not too hard to see that the gospel that is preached of Paul is not after man, neither was he taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

That takes care of the foolish notion that John preached it first!
It's also not too hard to show that Paul's gospel was a mystery hidden in the scriptures until given by the revelation of Jesus Christ!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

It was a mystery: for had the princes of this world known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

It is the mystery of Christ.

Also, the fact that Paul was given a dispensation of the grace of God with that gospel to us-ward (Gentiles such as we Ephesians 2:11-12), was a mystery, not hidden in the scriptures ("according to the scriptures") as the gospel of Christ, but hid in God! It was unsearchable! It is the manifold wisdom of God! This is the mystery of the gospel!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

It is clear from the above, that Danoh (who I can only assume is in agreement with what he shared having not said otherwise) and the writer(s) of the article have problems believing scripture concerning who preached the gospel that Paul preached first, the mystery of Christ and of the gospel. They are wrongly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

john w

Hall of Fame
"Error #1 --- The Mystery is Christ's substitutionary death on the
cross.

There are some who teach that the substitutionary work of Christ was unknown until Paul and that this is the Mystery of which he speaks. However, the substitutionary death of Christ was revealed prior to Paul.

"Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" And who can forget Isaiah's testimony concerning our Lord's death? (Isaiah 53:5-6,11).

Some who teach that the work of Christ is the Mystery claim that Isaiah 53 is somber in tone and that it presents us with One who was unjustly punished for the iniquities of others. However, verse 10 tells us plainly that "the Lord was pleased to crush Him" and verse 11 clearly tells us that "My
Servant, will justify the many, As he will bear their iniquities. " This does not speak to us of One who was unjustly punished, but of One who willingly took the place of sinners whom He thereby intended to justify.

Some who teach that the work of Christ is the Mystery also claim that we can now see that Isaiah was talking about the work of Christ, but that men in his day could not have understood it. owever, Paul tells us in Ephesians 3:8 that the Mystery is "untraceable". Any teaching that can be found
in the Old Testament cannot be the Mystery."

You learn through repetition; Therefore,one more time-to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PHP:
His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Mat 9:5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Danoh

"Error #1 --- The Mystery is Christ's substitutionary death on the
cross.

in the Old Testament cannot be the Mystery."

You learn through repetition; Therefore,one more time-to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

I have never held the understanding that writer hold's about John the Baptist's "Behold, the Lamb of God; that taketh away the sin of the world."

We differ on some of that writer's understanding, just as we differ on what we both understand about other things.

That right there is three different understanding ls within Mid-Acts. And there are other understandings I am aware of about other things that perhaps the above three - that writer, you, myself do not hold to.

Some are Acts 13. You and I are not. Doesn't mean we won't differ in our understandings of other things. Nor.. that we differ in every respect.

There is no winning here. There shouldn't be.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

john w

Hall of Fame
PHP:

Mat 9:5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

The Christ rejector is clueless as to the gospel of God, which was the content of faith required to be believed, prior to the dbr, not the gospel of Christ, which was hid, prior to its occurrence. She has been shown this, but her father the devil has a gag order on her.

Get saved, wolf-ette.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Danoh puts up an article (http://www.graceandthetruth.com/articles/the_mystery.htm#8) that states it is error to believe that the why of the cross was a mystery and that it is also error that it was made known first to and through Paul.

Let's look at the facts concerning who preached it first. It's not too hard to see that the gospel that is preached of Paul is not after man, neither was he taught it, but by revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

That takes care of the foolish notion that John preached it first!
It's also not too hard to show that Paul's gospel was a mystery hidden in the scriptures until given by the revelation of Jesus Christ!

Did you get it by revelation?

and nowhere do those verses say Paul received it first.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

It was in the scriptures all along.

It was a mystery: for had the princes of this world known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

It is the mystery of Christ.

Wise men understood it through the temple teachings.

Also, the fact that Paul was given a dispensation of the grace of God with that gospel to us-ward (Gentiles such as we Ephesians 2:11-12), was a mystery, not hidden in the scriptures ("according to the scriptures") as the gospel of Christ, but hid in God! It was unsearchable! It is the manifold wisdom of God! This is the mystery of the gospel!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Christ revealed the truth to all of the apostles and Prophets.
It is clear from the above, that Danoh (who I can only assume is in agreement with what he shared having not said otherwise) and the writer(s) of the article have problems believing scripture concerning who preached the gospel that Paul preached first, the mystery of Christ and of the gospel. They are wrongly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

There is only one gospel, preached by all the Apostles and Prophets from the beginning.

Read Acts.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Christ rejector is clueless as to the gospel of God, which was the content of faith required to be believed, prior to the dbr, not the gospel of Christ, which was hid, prior to its occurrence. She has been shown this, but her father the devil has a gag order on her.

Get saved, wolf-ette.

The future of John W--

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

john w

Hall of Fame
Some are Acts 13. You and I are not. Doesn't mean we won't differ in our understandings of other things. Nor.. that we differ in every respect.

There is no winning here. There shouldn't be.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Thanks, D. I can have "sweet fellowship" with any Acts 9-er/13-er/28-er.....or anyone, who is "right on" the gospel of Christ-not a divisive issue, in my mind. I am Acts 13. Here is why...

Some observations on Acts 13-did you ever notice?:

Barnabas has preeminence, then Saul(bold is my emphasis):

"Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul." Acts 11:30 KJV

"And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark." Acts 12:25 KJV

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them." Acts 13:1-2 KJV

"Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God." Acts 13:7 KJV

Now, notice the shift: Saul becomes Paul, and Paul is scripturally named before Barnabas hereafter most of the time(2 exceptions-Acts 15:12 KJV, Acts 15:25 KJV): Acts 13:43 KJV, Acts 13:46 KJV, Acts 13:50 KJV, Acts 14:12 KJV("...Paul... he was the chief speaker..."), Acts 14:14 KJV, Acts 15:2 KJV, Acts 15:22 KJV, Acts 15:35 KJV, Acts 15:36 KJV.

Saul becomes Paul per Acts 13:9 KJV, and his name is changed at the time of his first miracle=his Hebrew name vanishes/Saul becoming/"changing to " Paul was one of the greatest displays, one of the greatest "miracles",by the LORD God, i.e., a pattern of our salvation! Yes, Paul, a murderer, became a "miracle" of the LORD God's grace.

And notice the parallels/differences vs. Peter's first miracle:

Peter: "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us." Acts 3:4 KJV

Paul: "Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him." Acts 13:9 KJV

Peter, "fastening his eyes" upon the lame man, a Jew, pronounced a blessing. Paul, "set his eyes" on a Jew, Barjesus("son of salvation"), and pronounced his doom! Peter's first miracle references the restoration of Israel, while Paul's first miracle references the rejection of Israel, and the reconciliation of the Gentiles, due to Israel's blindness:

"And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season(my emphasis). And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness(diminishing of the eyes-my note); and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand." Acts 13:11 KJV

"Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord." Acts 13:12 KJV

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Romans 11:25 KJV

Thus, the "son of salvation" is blinded for a season-typical of the nation of Israel. Acts 13 marks the start of her blindness. And notice that the deputy in Acts 13:12 KJV, a Gentile, responds to the doctrine(reconciliation of Gentiles), and is shown mercy, while a Jew is blinded.

Also notice that in this same chapter, 13:28-30 KJV, Paul puts forth the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-the death, burial, and resurrection:

Verse 13:28:"And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain." = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:29: "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre."=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:30: "But God raised him from the dead:..." =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

Who wrote this great book?!

As usual, per Acts 17:11 KJV, don't rely on my often faulty explanations. "Check it out", in the greatest book that will ever be written, to see "...whether those things were so..."

john w

Hall of Fame

It was in the scriptures all along.

It was hid from the 12, prior to its occurrence. You've been shown the scriptures, for years,testifying to this fact, droid.

Christ revealed the truth to all of the apostles and Prophets.

Not 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, until after the fact, droid.It was hid from the 12, prior to its occurrence. You've been shown the scriptures, for years,testifying to this fact, droid.

There is only one gospel, preached by all the Apostles and Prophets from the beginning

=only one piece of good news in the bible=satanic.

=Her Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV=satanic.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
The future of John W--

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Stumped me there. And thanks again!!! A child of the devil not approving of me!!!

We smell your sulfur, you wicked, Christ rejecting wolf-ette. Get off this section of TOL-it is reserved for members of the body of Christ.

vs.

Romans 3:4 KJV God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

LALaw: Everyone is head to the lake, the second death, as all are liars, and all scripture is written to everyone.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have never held the understanding that writer hold's about John the Baptist's "Behold, the Lamb of God; that taketh away the sin of the world."
Why bring an article in without commenting on it as if you are in agreement? If you disagreed with it, why not say so in the OP? What else about the article do you disagree with? What about the article do you agree with? This is your chance to state YOUR position.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stumped me there. And thanks again!!! A child of the devil not approving of me!!!

We smell your sulfur, you wicked, Christ rejecting wolf-ette. Get off this section of TOL-it is reserved for members of the body of Christ.

vs.

Romans 3:4 KJV God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

LALaw: Everyone is head to the lake, the second death, as all are liars, and all scripture is written to everyone.

Some people repent.

You don't.

You just keep lying about other people you disagree with, proving that your faith is in your beliefs and not in Christ, who you have never known.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
Some people repent.

You don't.

You just keep lying about other people you disagree with, proving that your faith is in your beliefs and not in Christ, who you have never known.

LA

Thanks again!!! A Christ rejector not approving of me!!!!

A Christ rejector, quipping, "Christ, who you have never known."
Good one, comedian-ette.

"Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."-LALiar

vs.

Get saved.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was hid from the 12, prior to its occurrence. You've been shown the scriptures, for years,testifying to this fact, droid.

It was only hid from those who were not spiritually mature.

Not 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, until after the fact, droid.It was hid from the 12, prior to its occurrence. You've been shown the scriptures, for years,testifying to this fact, droid.

You have added to Gods word for years.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

=only one piece of good news in the bible=satanic.

=Her Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV=satanic.

The disciples were sent at the first with the message that the Kingdom of God was near, and to repent ,and Christ continued to tell of what God has required that any should live in it and then did what was necessary that the believers might enter it.

Christ sent His disciples with power into all nations with the same message of the one Gospel of Christ.

You avoid the Holy Spirit by your doctrine which requires no sacrifice of any kind on your part at any time.

Mar 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

LA

Danoh

Why bring an article in without commenting on it as if you are in agreement? If you disagreed with it, why not say so in the OP? What else about the article do you disagree with? What about the article do you agree with? This is your chance to state YOUR position.

:rotfl - you mean like how you go on as if some of the views you hold to as being Mid-Acts are held to as Mid-Acts by all within. Mid-Acts; never relating that their are differences in understanding?

Lol - practice what you would have others follow.

Relax, heir - "if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the Law" Gal. 5:18.

Practice all this grace you are constantly at war with others over. What's the point if all you do with it is constantly neg anyone whom you have whatever personal issue it is you have with them.

If you're looking for an enemy, said individual is as close as a nearby mirror.

The best to you in that, for you are not under the law.

john w

Hall of Fame
It was only hid from those who were not spiritually mature.

Made up.

It was hid from the 12.

LALaw: The 12 were not spiritually mature.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Yes, you idiot-"These are the words....Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.."=the words he did tell them, he was assuring them, that they were to be fulfilled-but He did not tell them that he would die....be raised again-it was hid from them, embarrassment...

Luke 18 KJV

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Read it, wicked droid:"this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken"

"....Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures."

=after the fact-not before.

You can't be this stupid.

You are satanic.

"this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken"

The disciples were sent at the first with the message that the Kingdom of God was near, and to repent ,and Christ continued to tell of what God has required that any should live in it and then did what was necessary that the believers might enter it.

Christ sent His disciples with power into all nations with the same message of the one Gospel of Christ.

You avoid the Holy Spirit by your doctrine which requires no sacrifice of any kind on your part at any time.

Mar 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.
Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

LA

More satanic spam, from this wicked child of the devil. She has been shown this, but her father keeps telling her to deny it:

Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, at least prior to the death, burial, resurrection, will you find 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification.

Nowhere.

Consider this. You cannot preach what you do not know. You cannot believe that which you do not know.

During the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry, the apostles and disciples had no knowledge of his impending, death, burial, and resurrection:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21 KJV

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31 KJV

Comment: Obviously, Peter was attempting to prevent the Lord's death, the very death that would reconcile him! If the death, burial, and resurrection was the grounds for Peter's salvation and justification(as Paul expounds on in his epistles), why was Peter trying to prevent the very thing that would be the basis for his justification? See also John 18:10 KJV. Did he ever preach 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV ? If he had, his rebuke of the Lord would be a non-sensical reaction!

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is
delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after thathe is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day...." Luke 24:45 KJV

Read it:

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

Comment: Notice they did not know it or understand it prior to His
death! They were not preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, they initially did
not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17 KJV

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41 KJV

And what is the simple reason for 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV not being preached?:

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." 1 Cor. 2:7 KJV

Even the prophets did not understand it:

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

"Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into." 1 Peter 1:10-12 KJV

The gospel of the kingdom is not equivalent to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

-death-Peter tried to prevent the Lord Jesus Christ's death, the very death that would reconcile him.
-burial
-resurrection-Peter, and the 10, initially did not believe that He rose.

And yet they were preaching, for approximately 3 years, "the gospel of the kingdom." They were clueless that He was going to die, and be raised, all while preaching "the gospel of the kingdom."

It was hid from them-and yet, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdon" for approx. 3 years..

Again-Luke 18 KJV:

31Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Read it: "Then"=years after they began preaching the gospel of the kingdom, when they were clueless that He would:

-die
-be resurrected

Read it-1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

-death
-burial
-resurrection

Even satan did not know of the implications of the dbr:

1 Cor. 2:
6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

This is part of the mystery revealed to Paul via direct revelation from the risen, ascended, glorified "Lord from heaven."

Peter, according to most rebels:" Hey everyone! Good news! The master is going to die, be raised again for our justification! Believe this "good news" I am preaching, "the gospel of the kingdom," which the master told me, and the 11 to preach, including that great "the gospel" preacher Judas, to be justified!!! Well, gotta go, as I hear the master is about to talk about His impending death, and I need to prevent this, even though it will reconcile me, and He is also talking about His resurrection, which, it turns out, I won't believe, initially, after it happens...........

Straight jacket time.

LALaw: One piece of good news...Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

=satanic-on record.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The future of John W--

Another one of your predictions? You predicted I'd be beheaded
yet, I'm still able to shave? What's with that?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Made up.

It was hid from the 12.

LALaw: The 12 were not spiritually mature.

Yes, you idiot-"These are the words....Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.."=the words he did tell them, he was assuring them, that they were to be fulfilled-but He did not tell them that he would die....be raised again-it was hid from them, embarrassment...

Luke 18 KJV

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.[/B]

Read it, wicked droid:"this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken"

"....Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures."

=after the fact-not before.

You can't be this stupid.

You are satanic.

"this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken"

More satanic spam, from this wicked child of the devil. She has been shown this, but her father keeps telling her to deny it:

Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, at least prior to the death, burial, resurrection, will you find 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification.

Nowhere.

The Temple taught the sacrifices for sin to Israel for centuries.

Also it is evident from Luke 24 that Christ opened their understanding of the scriptures to explain salvation well before Paul ever heard of it.

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem

Cut and paste from MAD teachings is the practice of the foolish.

.Mat 25:8 And the foolish (MADist) said unto the wise (Paul,) Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

LA

Danoh

John W, my own sense of "it was hid from" the Twelve is that it is in the sense of their having been unable to understand what He was talking about. Thus, this passage...

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.