Arkansas Church Kicks Out Young Gay Man For ‘Choosing A Sinful Lifestyle’

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I am not a Jew, and I am not living in the ancient world. So I don't really care about how the ancient Jews arrived at their laws. And I am not the least bit interested in "preserving their society". Their society is long gone. Even Jews today don't follow most of those ancient proscriptions, anymore.

interesting that you accuse lifeisgood of picking and choosing and that you're blind to the fact that you do the same thing

unless you're consistent and reject "thou shalt not steal" and "thou shalt not murder" because they were derived by an ancient Jewish society that no longer exists

PureX

Interestingly though, research on pork shows it to be potentially very harmful to one's health.
That and everything else. What ISN'T potentially harmful to one's health these days?
Also shelled creatures concentrate neurotoxins in their systems.
And yet the healthiest cultures on Earth eat them regularly.
Also studies done of females for cervical cancer showed that Jewish women had statistically much lower rates than non-Jewish women.
Without knowing why, this is of no significance.
The likely conclusion that circumcision played an important role in the difference.
Whatever ...
Are you suggesting that we should marry rape victims to their rapists? Stone adulterers in the public square? Of course you're not. Because you're picking the archaic laws that suit your bias, and ignoring all the absurd ones. Which is what any sensible person would do, and is what even the Jews do, today.

So the question of homosexuality as a sin lands right back in the lap of your own bias. Where it always was.

bybee

That and everything else. What ISN'T potentially harmful to one's health these days?
And yet the healthiest cultures on Earth eat them regularly.
Without knowing why, this is of no significance.
Whatever ...
Are you suggesting that we should marry rape victims to their rapists? Stone adulterers in the public square? Of course you're not. Because you're picking the archaic laws that suit your bias, and ignoring all the absurd ones. Which is what any sensible person would do, and is what even the Jews do, today.

So the question of homosexuality as a sin lands right back in the lap of your own bias. Where it always was.

Of course I'm biased! I have never claimed to not be biased! I am biased on the side of that which is natural. Man and woman are designed to go together. Any other coupling is unnatural. However, I do not want to know what consenting adults are doing in the privacy of their own homes.
I subscribe to the idea that the Law is a construct created to help us live together in harmony, maintain optimum health, promoting diversity yet protecting the mores of the community.
Do you imagine yourself to free of bias?

PureX

Of course I'm biased! I have never claimed to not be biased! I am biased on the side of that which is natural. Man and woman are designed to go together. Any other coupling is unnatural.
But "unnaturalness" is not a sin.

genuineoriginal

I don't really care about how the ancient Jews arrived at their laws.
They did not arrive at their laws, the laws were given to them by God Himself, and this is what Jesus said about it:

Matthew 4:4
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.​

PureX

I suppose consuming dung is not really a sin either, but, does it sustain life?
It all depends on why you do it. That was my point all along.

Being a homosexual is not a sin. Neither is engaging in homosexuality. The sin happens in the heart and mind, not in the body. It doesn't matter what the body does. What matters is why we do it.

bybee

It all depends on why you do it. That was my point all along.

Being a homosexual is not a sin. Neither is engaging in homosexuality. The sin happens in the heart and mind, not in the body. It doesn't matter what the body does. What matters is why we do it.

If a body commits rape it is wrong. If a body commits a crime it is the body that is punished.Why we do things is private BUT, what we do is not.

PureX

If a body commits rape it is wrong. If a body commits a crime it is the body that is punished.Why we do things is private BUT, what we do is not.
Bodies can't commit rape. Only a willful mind can do that. The sin is in the mind, not the body.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Jesus said nothing about homosexuality one way or another. And that's because he taught that sin was a state of the heart and mind (spirit), not a condition of our genitals.

You claim homosexual sex is in the genitals, not in the heart and mind yet claim rape is not in the gentials?

You contradict yourself.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
apparently purex believes that declaring one's intent to live a life of perversion doesn't originate in the mind :kookoo:

He knows it originates in the mind and heart too, and pretends otherwise. It has to be pretend, since his stance makes no logical sense whatever.