Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The woman might be responsible for putting herself in a dangerous situation. But it ends there. Nothing about deserving rape, earning rape, etc. Rape happens when a man violates the will of a woman. That's his choice alone. No amount of promiscuous behavior on the woman's part transfers part of the responsibility for the rape to the woman.

a woman goes alone to a frat party, strips, gives lap dances, take whatever drugs are offered her and drinks until she passes out, wakes up the next morning and realizes she's been raped

she refuses to recognize that her behavior in any way contributed to the situation in which she finds herself, a rape victim

what does she deserve?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
a woman goes alone to a frat party, strips, gives lap dances, take whatever drugs are offered her and drinks until she passes out, wakes up the next morning and realizes she's been raped

she refuses to recognize that her behavior in any way contributed to the situation in which she finds herself, a rape victim

what does she deserve?

A coat and some clothes and a safe ride home, Before the rape happens

bybee

The glaring logical fallacy of SOD's position is that if somebody truly deserved to be raped then the person committing the rape is justified to do it and no crime has been committed.

Said a bit differently, if a person deserved to be raped then a court of law, or God, could sentence a person to rape. Is there any court in the land or would God ever sentence a person to be raped?

Good logical points!

ok doser

The glaring logical fallacy of SOD's position is that if somebody truly deserved to be raped then the person committing the rape is justified to do it and no crime has been committed.

nope

but that's the sticking point for many here

that acknowledging the woman's behavior can, in some cases, be contributory, will absolve the rapist of the responsibility for his crime

and so we have the bizarre situation of supposedly christian people defending the choices of women to act like drunken whores

it boggles the mind

Spitfire

Said a bit differently, if a person deserved to be raped then a court of law, or God, could sentence a person to rape. Is there any court in the land or would God ever sentence a person to be raped?
I wonder how many people involved in this discussion would approve however of men being raped in prison on the premise that they deserve it (and maybe even find the whole idea a little amusing).

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

what does she deserve?

1. She should have foreseen the strong possibility of being raped, and if she did not want to be raped, should have avoided this course of action.

2. In some broad sense, there is a kind of proportion between her deeds and what befell her (though not nearly in so strong a sense as the "dessert" of the serial rapist and murderer to be maltreated in prison).

3. Strictly speaking, however, her dessert, in the sense of justice, would have been to have been left alone, or else, provided some kind of assistance (medical or otherwise) once she passed out. Rape by its very nature is a violation of justice.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I wonder how many people involved in this discussion would approve however of men being raped in prison on the premise that they deserve it (and maybe even find the whole idea a little amusing).

I've actually already treated this topic earlier in this thread. :p

glorydaz

Why is it dangerous? Not everyone will agree with you. Is that dangerous?

You gals remind me of Afghan women. They get UGLY real fast. :chuckle:

My goodness! You presume to judge the actions of Almighty God and take issue with them?
God has decided that we are deserving of mercy.

Oh really? He has decided "we are deserving of mercy"?
As long as you are consumed by hatred and anger, Bybee, you will continue to make stupid statements like this one.

That must be straight from the Humanist Manifesto? :think:

ok doser

1. She should have foreseen the strong possibility of being raped, and if she did not want to be raped, should have avoided this course of action.

exactly

2. In some broad sense, there is a kind of proportion between her deeds and what befell her (though not nearly in so strong a sense as the "dessert" of the serial rapist and murderer to be maltreated in prison).

when this started, all i was seeking was some acknowledgement that she bears some responsibility for her actions, knowing that those actions put her at risk of the consequences

3. Strictly speaking, however, her dessert, in the sense of justice, would have been to have been left alone, or else, provided some kind of assistance (medical or otherwise) once she passed out. Rape by its very nature is a violation of justice.

in a Christian setting, it's a moot point

but i'm currently immersed in a very non-Christian setting

bybee

You gals remind me of Afghan women. They get UGLY real fast. :chuckle:

Oh really? He has decided "we are deserving of mercy"?
As long as you are consumed by hatred and anger, Bybee, you will continue to make stupid statements like this one.

That must be straight from the Humanist Manifesto? :think:

How very unkind you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.