Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
:chuckle: Admittedly, I am missing a good portion of the responses.

The ignore feature is a beautiful thing. :)

Yeah, it is. :chuckle: I've enjoyed using the ignore feature as needed, although apparently it drives some people crazy when they can't control for me how I should use it.

glorydaz

Yes, they justify rape. Plain and simple, that's all there is to it. They can deny, deflect and obfuscate all they want, but it won't change a thing. They justify rape.

When all else fails....LIE. You people are a joke. :nono:

No one is justifying rape, but unlike you people, we refuse to justify the bad behavior of sluts, harlots, whores, etc. You can't stand that, can you? You won't be happy until we call evil "good".

Arthur Brain

why is it that you and artie read

"likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions"

as

"all women and children and corpses deserve to be raped, including women who bare a toenail"?

what's the disconnect here?

The disconnect is you dingbat. I know fine well that you don't advocate that all women deserve to be raped. The very fact that you think any woman deserves to be violated is what makes you a total knob.

Well, that and other things as well...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The disconnect is you dingbat. I know fine well that you don't advocate that all women deserve to be raped. The very fact that you think any woman deserves to be violated is what makes you a total knob.

Well, that and other things as well...
Spoiler

emtek-winchester-bronze-door-knob-lg.jpg

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The disconnect is you dingbat. I know fine well that you don't advocate that all women deserve to be raped.

glad we cleared that up :thumb:

The very fact that you think any woman deserves to be violated

in broad terms, i would say that anybody, male or female, who chooses to engage in behaviors/choices/actions that they know put themselves at risk of unpleasant consequences have earned those consequences by their actions

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
again, what started this was the following scenarios, in which the woman should have known that their actions put them at risk:

Fair point. :idunno:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

Y'know what? I am going to have to disagree with you. This is not simply a case of a woman putting herself at a high risk of being raped. This is a case of a woman not being raped.

Let me be clear, for any who may have read the "no means no" thread. This is not, to my mind, an instance of a woman who has said "no" but means "yes." This is the case of a woman who has said "no," but otherwise is expressing: "I really, really, really don't want to, but if you insist, I shall comply."

If she was opposed to sexual contact, there are any number of things that she reasonably could have and should have done. 1. She could have kicked him out of the apartment. 2. She could have gotten out of bed. 3. She could have threatened to call the police.

Look at how she phrases things: "I let him." That implies consent, albeit very reluctantly and grudgingly given. To my mind, objectively speaking, she has engaged in an act of fornication. She wasn't raped.

Let me be clear: the guy is not blameless. His actions approach rape. Even granted that they should not have been sharing a bed, engaging in a sexual relationship, etc., even so, he should have stopped when she said "no."

Nonetheless, as stated, he didn't force her, and there was no threat of violence.

A female student in the dorms invited a male friend over to her dorm room. They were in the room alone with the door closed. He had just come from playing basketball and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, she was wearing flannel jammies. They started making out on her bed, his hands went places she was ok with at first, but then thought better of and tried to stop. He didn't stop and continued, she didn't cry out for help and afterwards claimed rape.

in those two specific cases (and an awful lot of scenarios that are being discussed on campus at the moment) i am still of the opinion that the choices the women made were directly responsible for the consequences

They certainly do bear some degree of responsibility. How do we cash this out? I'm not entirely sure.

they chose paths that any reasonable person would have known would lead to an expectation of sex from the male

Yes.

the choices/behaviors/actions of the woman were directly responsible for her finding herself in a position of having started something she couldn't stop, or wasn't willing to stop

that doesn't mean she deserved to be raped
that doesn't me she was asking to be raped

what it means is that she was acting like a damn fool

If she "wasn't willing to stop," I'm not entirely sure that we should even call it rape, nor do I even think that it should be legally classified as such. If there's no threat of violence, and if she doesn't put up resistance, her lack of resistance and silence, to my mind, constitutes some degree of consent. :idunno:

That said, Okdozer, and I do wish to insist on this: rape often has nothing to do with sexual appetite. It's often about power and control. Often, rape is not, strictly speaking, a crime of sexual passion. It's an act of violence/terrorism.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That said, Okdozer, and I do wish to insist on this: rape often has nothing to do with sexual appetite. It's often about power and control. Often, rape is not, strictly speaking, a crime of sexual passion. It's an act of violence/terrorism.

Exactly so.

glorydaz

never agree with me

never

they'll file it away and make you pay for it until doomsday

When you're right you're right, Res. I'm not one to hold your past against you like some of these nincompoops we're seeing here. Besides, this is based on an important Biblical principle which is being rejected by many who claim to be believers. I'm shocked at the response we're seeing, and the hate that it's brought forth is nothing short of mind boggling. It matters that we not be blinded by the political correctness we're seeing all around us in the world today, and that's why I don't mind "paying" whatever small irritations I receive because I dare to say people, all people, should expect to reap what they sow in this life.

ok doser

agreed - but it's being redefined to include so much more

ClimateSanity

glad we cleared that up :thumb:

in broad terms, i would say that anybody, male or female, who chooses to engage in behaviors/choices/actions that they know put themselves at risk of unpleasant consequences have earned those consequences by their actions

Being violated is the only consequence that should never happen no matter what you did to increase its likelihood. Having your head severed or burned alive or tortured for weeks in a Vietcong camp are all acceptable; body violation is not.

ok doser

Being violated is the only consequence that should never happen no matter what you did to increase its likelihood. Having your head severed or burned alive or tortured for weeks in a Vietcong camp are all acceptable; body violation is not.

why?

why is that different?

from a secular point of view, if you please

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I completely agree with this, and I think that this is sheer nonsense. Liberal feminism is a plague on society.

Liberal feminism does not make men violently rape women. They clearly have the heart of a rapist. If anything, the idea that rape is deserved would be more in line with patriarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.