Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
it's not really ignore if you have to make sure the other guy knows you're ignoring him :doh:

moron

:darwinsm: and it's really not ignore when you pretend you have someone on ignore and then report posts they make :darwinsm:

wot

a

maroon

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You are making it sound like that is the only card in play, but this is a big poker game. Education regarding rape is important. The legal system being relentless in persecuting rapists is also important. Self control and respect is the most important of all.

Thats a 2 way street though. Why is one responsible for self control but the other isnt? Thats the larger point.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I am so stunned by the reaction of outrage by men on this forum.
As though a woman's thoughts about rape are an immediate accusation thrown at all men? This was certainly not my intent.
I guess the good old boy network defends its own.

I'm not stunned, they get the bigger point, i am stunned that so many of the women here cannot. (or rather pretend they cannot get it).

I am embarrassed actually that so many other women aren't capable of admitting that sometimes, that sure do reap nasty things because of their own foolish behavior.

Example - a drunk man is a rapist, because a drunk woman cannot consent because she is drunk (even though she said yes).

Thats completely idiotic one sided thinking. If the drink is the real issue, then he didnt know he "raped" her because he was too drunk to make that decision, see how that works?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm not stunned, they get the bigger point, i am stunned that so many of the women here cannot. (or rather pretend they cannot get it).

I am embarrassed actually that so many other women aren't capable of admitting that sometimes, that sure do reap nasty things because of their own foolish behavior.

Example - a drunk man is a rapist, because a drunk woman cannot consent because she is drunk (even though she said yes).

Thats completely idiotic one sided thinking. If the drink is the real issue, then he didnt know he "raped" her because he was too drunk to make that decision, see how that works?

:think:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4536160&postcount=482

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's been all about you since you started here, knob.

I looked up the contextual definition of 'knob', and came with 'obnoxious person'.
Think about that, and your post.

It always is ... whether he is posting under Sum1sgruj, skybringr, homeskillet, etc.

So all the people who think like I do must be the same person.
Cool story.

I think there's just something wrong with you. Suffering from some kind of paranoia of men, maybe?
Or, is it yet another tactic to avoid the facts?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

'Regret' is not 'having been raped'.
I agree, it has spiraled out of control here.

A person doesn't get off on a crime by saying they were intoxicated at the time. And these very same women who perpetuate this nonsense would no doubt break up with their boyfriends or consider divorce if their man cheated on them drunk.

Complete logic fail. If a woman gets drunk, she's responsible for her actions the same as anyone else.

But
It also has to be remembered that it is something perpetuated primarily by female college students, not the older generation who know that it is stupid.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
'Regret' is not 'having been raped'.
I agree, it has spiraled out of control here.

A person doesn't get off on a crime by saying they were intoxicated at the time. And these very same women who perpetuate this nonsense would no doubt break up with their boyfriends or consider divorce if their man cheated on them drunk.

Complete logic fail. If a woman gets drunk, she's responsible for her actions the same as anyone else.

But
It also has to be remembered that it is something perpetuated primarily by female college students, not the older generation who know that it is stupid.

Most of the women here who seem to not get it here, are much older than female college students. In fact they are older than i am, and i get it, i don't understand why they don't.

Individual responsibility and accountability for ones own actions should be apparent by life experience at all.

ClimateSanity

You know that feeling of relief when that really obnoxious person leaves the gathering? It feels something like this:
a0m3qjw.png

Ahh.... that's better.

Did your father despise rush Limbaugh and mark levin and bill O'Reilly? Did you ever question your teachers? Did you ever try to see if there was any truth in non- credible sources?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.mommyish.com/2013/01/02/rape-is-not-a-woman-problem/

This article highlights the feminist view on the subject: Women have no responsibility in the matter. Men are at fault. Its offensive to even say that a woman shouldn't be passed out drunk alone at a frat house. No, only the boys should be taught not to rape.

I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, I agree with you that the 'feminist' view has taken things too far. It shouldn't be out of bounds to talk to girls about proper and safe behavior. "Don't get pass-out drunk at a party" shouldn't be offensive. It's common sense. And like TomO said in another post, if girls are taught that they can do nothing wrong then girls will keep putting themselves in bad situations and will continue to be victims.

On the other hand, why are you telling that to the girls instead of the guys? Because girls have to worry about getting raped. How terrible is that? Why should girls have to change their behavior to accommodate creeps who might rape them? Why can't a girl have 'fun' at a party and pass out like guys can with no worry about being raped? Why put a higher standard on girls because some guys can't control themselves? And that's where a slippery slope can start. Instead of telling girls not to get drunk at parties because they might be raped why not guys not to get drunk at parties because they might rape a girl? I can certainly understand that frustration.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, I agree with you that the 'feminist' view has taken things too far. It shouldn't be out of bounds to talk to girls about proper and safe behavior. "Don't get pass-out drunk at a party" shouldn't be offensive. It's common sense. And like TomO said in another post, if girls are taught that they can do nothing wrong then girls will keep putting themselves in bad situations and will continue to be victims.

On the other hand, why are you telling that to the girls instead of the guys? Because girls have to worry about getting raped. How terrible is that? Why should girls have to change their behavior to accommodate creeps who might rape them? Why can't a girl have 'fun' at a party and pass out like guys can with no worry about being raped? Why put a higher standard on girls because some guys can't control themselves? And that's where a slippery slope can start. Instead of telling girls not to get drunk at parties because they might be raped why not guys not to get drunk at parties because they might rape a girl? I can certainly understand that frustration.

Or better yet, teach them all that they carry personal responsibility and accountability for what they each choose to do. You know common sense things.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Or better yet, teach them all that they carry personal responsibility and accountability for what they each choose to do. You know common sense things.

Sure. But the difference is that 'personal responsibility and accountability' for the girl means they can't do something that is perfectly legal. Something that guys don't have to stop doing. For guys it just means they have to not rape a girl. One of these things is not like the other.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Sure. But the difference is that 'personal responsibility and accountability' for the girl means they can't do something that is perfectly legal. Something that guys don't have to stop doing. For guys it just means they have to not rape a girl. One of these things is not like the other.

Drunk doesnt excuse action, for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.