Abortion-a crying shame. (HOF thread)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Not all laws are based in morality.
All laws are either based on some ones idea of what is right and what is wrong ( morality ), or they are arbitrary.

elected4ever

aikido7 said:
If life is sacred, what prevents you from extending that "protection" to ALL life? Is man to be the measure of all things? Is it always to be a relative and arbitrary line drawn with every case? How can you be consistent without coming across as hypocritical? What specific stands could you take and how could you communicate those stands in a way that shows a seamless reverence for ALL creation--like Vayandanta Buddhism or something?
Because human life is not sacred. Just God's life. But we as humans are held accountable for what we do too and with the human life. It is appointed first to die and after that the judgment. Therein lies the value of life.When a society does not fear God then life loses its value. That is why you see more and more children killing themselves and others.Buddest do hold all earthly life sacret and therein lies there problem.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
elected4ever said:
Because human life is not sacred. Just God's life.
Then if human life is not sacred, you must have the compunction to say so. I have never heard a Christian talk about human life being profane--especially the life of a zygote or a fetus. But if your legitimate standard is now to be that "human life is not sacred," it could be argued that we do not need to be accountable for what we do to that life.
But we as humans are held accountable for what we do too and with the human life.
As we should--even with the life of a terrorist.
It is appointed first to die and after that the judgment. Therein lies the value of life.
Life is sacred because death is a part of life.
{quote]When a society does not fear God then life loses its value.[/quote]So because life means nothing to some people, that means that they do not fear God?
That is why you see more and more children killing themselves and others.
Much of teen suicide is the result of misdiagnosed depression or adverse reactions to medications. It is due to mental biology not religious belief.
Buddest do hold all earthly life sacret and therein lies there problem.
Many Buddhists, like some Christians, hold that earthly creation comes ultimately from God (Brahman) and is therefore sacred. Many Christians hold that our ultimate prayer should be to turn earthly life as it is in heavenly life...

Now that the obvious contradictions in the "I-am-against-abortion-because-life-is-sacred" stance are becoming glaring and hypocritical, the dogmatic and literal part of religion is looking for loopholes.

elected4ever

aikido7
Then if human life is not sacred, you must have the compunction to say so. I have never heard a Christian talk about human life being profane--especially the life of a zygote or a fetus. But if your legitimate standard is now to be that "human life is not sacred," it could be argued that we do not need to be accountable for what we do to that life.
Human life is not now sacred, not that it never was. Man has now profaned the life that was sacred. However human life was given to man by God and man is responsible to God for what he does with it. Man is responsible for the profaning of that which was holy in its inception. Man will reap the rewards of the profane.

aikido7
As we should--even with the life of a terrorist.
No government has the right to protect the life of the lawless. Control of human life is in the hands of mortal man otherwise man could not touch the human life at all.

aikido7
Life is sacred because death is a part of life.
Death is not part of life but the ending of life. Human life ends at the separation of the soul and body.Spiritual death begins with the separation of the spirit from God.

aikido7
Much of teen suicide is the result of misdiagnosed depression or adverse reactions to medications. It is due to mental biology not religious belief.
It does not matter about religious belief when it comes to human life. We have disease and other assorted ailments due to man's perversion of human life"s original intent. Not only has man profaned himself but has also profaned all that surrounds him. The death of the profane is inevitable. It is when the hope has been taken away that suicide occurs and when respect for human life is lost murder occurs.

aikido7
Now that the obvious contradictions in the "I-am-against-abortion-because-life-is-sacred" stance are becoming glaring and hypocritical, the dogmatic and literal part of religion is looking for loopholes.
It is the disrespect for life that causes abortion. There is no value placed on human life and so can be ended when human life is deemed worthless. Terry Schivoo was killed because the quality of her life had lost its perceived value and therefore justifiable. Which group is next to be counted as valueless and expendable?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
elected4ever said:
aikido7 Human life is not now sacred, not that it never was. Man has now profaned the life that was sacred. However human life was given to man by God and man is responsible to God for what he does with it. Man is responsible for the profaning of that which was holy in its inception. Man will reap the rewards of the profane.
Human life should be sacred. Otherwise, we are lawless.
aikido7 No government has the right to protect the life of the lawless. Control of human life is in the hands of mortal man otherwise man could not touch the human life at all.
Protections are guaranteed in our democratic system of government. Or were. And here on earth, God's work is truly our own.
aikido7 Death is not part of life but the ending of life. Human life ends at the separation of the soul and body.Spiritual death begins with the separation of the spirit from God.
Death is not the end of life. This human/spiritual life dicotomy you are clinging to might help get you through the night, but it is in fact a Roman/Greek idea and has nothing to do with Christianity.
aikido7 It does not matter about religious belief when it comes to human life. We have disease and other assorted ailments due to man's perversion of human life"s original intent. Not only has man profaned himself but has also profaned all that surrounds him. The death of the profane is inevitable. It is when the hope has been taken away that suicide occurs and when respect for human life is lost murder occurs.
Belief in something, anything, is necessary for human life. The human is wired for spirituality. Man has not profaned all that surrounds him. That view seems anti-life, anti-spirit to me.
aikido7 It is the disrespect for life that causes abortion. There is no value placed on human life and so can be ended when human life is deemed worthless. Terry Schivoo was killed because the quality of her life had lost its perceived value and therefore justifiable. Which group is next to be counted as valueless and expendable?
It is human expediency that causes abortion, too. Expediency brought on by human problems of poverty and individual societies. The unborn baby is another exemplar of "collateral damage" in a human war against poverty, scarcity and societal customs. Terri Schaivo was killed because obviously some people saw her as already dead or else wanting her conscious wishes carred out by respecting them. What group next? Episcopalians? Homos? Atheists? Democrats?

elected4ever

aikido7
Human life should be sacred. Otherwise, we are lawless.
Man is basically lawless. he must be taught the standards of the society in which he lives.

aikido7
Protections are guaranteed in our democratic system of government. Or were. And here on earth, God's work is truly our own.
If we have a democratic system of government it is unconstitutional. The government pays little attention to what the requirements of the constitution are and have replaced the requirements of the constitution with political expediency and popular opinion.

aikido7
Death is not the end of life.
I guess I had my mother burned alive.
This human/spiritual life dichotomy you are clinging to might help get you through the night, but it is in fact a Roman/Greek idea and has nothing to do with Christianity.
:shocked: :readthis: ="BIBLE"

aikido7
Belief in something, anything, is necessary for human life. The human is wired for spirituality. Man has not profaned all that surrounds him. That view seems anti-life, anti-spirit to me.
That is basically what mortal man is 'Anti life" "Pro Death"

aikido7
What group next? Episcopalians? Homos? Atheists? Democrats?
Most anyone who your democratic majority says is a drain on society. That is why I hate a democracy.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We are born innocent. I know my daughter was. Civilization would not be where it is if it were not for a hard-wired impulse for God-seeking, loving cooperation. The myth of redemptive violence is just that--a MYTH. A story we tell ourselves. Self-talk is useful, even for species.

As for this being a democracy founded on law, you may be right, but leave me with my ideals, okay? I need them....

elected4ever

aikido7 said:
We are born innocent. I know my daughter was. Civilization would not be where it is if it were not for a hard-wired impulse for God-seeking, loving cooperation. The myth of redemptive violence is just that--a MYTH. A story we tell ourselves. Self-talk is useful, even for species.

As for this being a democracy founded on law, you may be right, but leave me with my ideals, okay? I need them....
Yes, we are born innocent but we come from our mother's womb speaking lies. We are not held accountable for them until we understand that we are speaking lies and then the onus is on us. We are not evil just because someone says we are. We become evil when we know that we are.

The tyranny of the minority is just as bad as the tyranny of the majority. That is why we need a constitutional republic. A set of values to govern the laws of man and restrictions to limit the power of government. Equal justice under law and government that serves the people and not be tyrannical. The contention is the value system used to base our laws on. When the government favors one group over another by handing out subsidies from the public treasury it limit the rights of some and and gives privilege to others This is not equal justice.

Tori_105

BANNED
Banned
Putting pictures of aborted babies and trying to have an impact on people is one thing, scaring people into thinking the same is pretty lame. I think who ever has been putting these pictures up are just as disrespectful as the people who chose to abort.

My personal opinion - as an athiest and a lesbian with no children. I believe that in 'some' cases it is the best option. If it is in the best interests of that life, for example - the born child wasnt going to have a proper way of life. If the parent/parents arent able to take care of that child, they do have the option of adoption - but will that child have benefitted? I was brought up with 2 children who were put through adoption, one of them is not in prison for murder - they were abused before they were adopted.

I dont think its right or wrong - it depends on the situation. I dont think its right that if someone was raped n became pregnant - they shouldnt have to have that child - its mental torture, they have the option - we all have options, when the time comes, we make the right one at the time.

Tori_105

BANNED
Banned
elected4ever said:
Because human life is not sacred. Just God's life. But we as humans are held accountable for what we do too and with the human life. It is appointed first to die and after that the judgment. Therein lies the value of life.When a society does not fear God then life loses its value. That is why you see more and more children killing themselves and others.Buddest do hold all earthly life sacret and therein lies there problem.

'God' doesnt even come into it. 'God' is aparently good... why would he create a life by having someone raped? please dont talk out of your arse?

elected4ever

Tori_105 said:
'God' doesn't even come into it. 'God' is apparently good... why would he create a life by having someone raped? please don't talk out of your arse?
You must be insane. God doesn't have people raped.He gave the function that produced physical life. If man or a woman abuses that function the produce physical life will be the same, Human life is not sacred.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
the relevence
See the hysterical focus on the life of the fetus.
http://replacementsneeded.tripod.co.../110313poland.jpg.w560h724.jpg&target=tlx_new

See the righteous claim of "a right to life" and the "sanctity of life."
http://www.detnews.com/2005/politics/0501/28/A06-69769.htm

See the rationalizations for war, killing and capital punishment.
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1101/talibanlist.html

See the debasement of children.
http://replacementsneeded.tripod.co...d/1477reality.jpg.w560h724.jpg&target=tlx_new

See the rationalizations for poverty and hunger.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/reports/taxplan.html

See Jesus.
See Jesus' primary concern was the coming Kingdom of God and the hypocrisy in the human heart that prevents us from living in it.
See Jesus' concern for the outcasts, the poor and the afflicted.
See that Jesus knew Heaven was in good shape; it was the world here and now that he was concerned with.
http://www.thewords.com/

revgonzo

Althought I cannot find any passages in the Holy Book where God or his prophets speak out against abortion (which has been around for thousands of years. And the Israelites believed a human being be came as such after their first breath), I do believe that our Lord would be favourable to abortion in many cases. For example: Aborting the wicked, homosexuals, and witches.

But that being said, this is an extremely sensitive issue, as we just cannot read God's mind, since he has spoken so little about abortion in tat sense. We should concentrate on more pertinent issues such as homosexuality, pagan worshippers (ie. non-christians), and those who like the French.