Abortion-a crying shame. (HOF thread)

Art Deco

Zakath said:
Fear of someone else's imaginary projections isn't either likely or rational for a thinking adult...

Sorry...:angel:
Your use of the word rational has no meaning, if there is no God...Sorry

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Art Deco said:
Your use of the word rational has no meaning, if there is no God...Sorry

Are you implying that without your god, your world has no rationality?

I'm sorry for you, AD. :(

Art Deco

Zakath said:
Are you implying that without your god, your world has no rationality?

I'm sorry for you, AD. :(
Save your sorrow for those who deny God exists or do not know the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. There is no rationality apart from God. Those who are without the ability to tell right from wrong are truly to be pitied as made evident by the actions of self proclaimed Christian, Judge Greer.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Art Deco said:
Jonathan Edwards was a man of deeply held convictions not the pasty faced sensitive types in body hose that inhabit the pulpits of America today. Edwards spoke under the inspiration and authority of the Holy Spirit. His sermons would have driven the casual Christians out of their chapels screaming for relief. Coming under conviction is uncomfortable for most people. :angel:

Art, I know full well who Edwards is. You keep doing this: following up a post of mine with a lecture of your own.

Seeing an Edwards sermon at least would have been good for the entertainment value.

Art Deco

granite1010 said:
Art, I know full well who Edwards is. You keep doing this: following up a post of mine with a lecture of your own. Seeing an Edwards sermon at least would have been good for the entertainment value.
Your posts are great launching pads for rebuttal. Chill out others may not know Jonathan Edwards. His sermons, beyond good entertainment, serves to contrast the old timers like Edwards and the modern glitter tooth wimps in silk stockings that pass for ordained pastors today. :doh:

elected4ever

Sent : Friday, May 6, 2005 2:08 PM
Subject : [God, Family, Republic] Roy Moore Persecutor William Pryor Not "Person Of Faith" On Abortion Issue

8028 Ritchie Highway
Suite # 303Â Â
Pasadena, MD 21122Â
(877) MAP-2004Â
Contact Us | Unsubscribe
Â

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roy Moore Persecutor William Pryor Not "Person Of Faith" On Abortion Issue

Dear Friends of the Constitutional Republic,

Of all the things going on in the fight over President Bush's judicial nominees, nothing has been more bizarre than seeing supposedly pro-life Christian leaders portraying William Pryor as the poster boy for so-called "people of faith" who have been discriminated against because of their religion. This is bizarre because Pryor, now a Federal judge by recess appointment, has vowed to uphold Roe v. Wade which since 1973 has led to the murder of more than 40 million innocent, unborn babies by abortion.

Tony Perkins, president of the "Family Research Council," has said that Pryor has been a target of religious discrimination because of his "Christian doctrine" opposing, among other things, abortion. Perkins says: "Bill Pryor, who is a strong Roman Catholic, believes that abortion is wrong."

A recent fundraising letter sent out by Pat Robertson's "American Center For Law & Justice" is headlined "STONEWALLED BECAUSE OF THEIR FAITH!" Among the "pro-life" individuals pictured beneath this headline is William Pryor.

OK. So, is William Pryor REALLY a man who is pro-life, who is against abortion? How can we tell? Can we tell by what he has SAID? Do we know that he is pro-life and anti-abortion because he once denounced Roe v. Wade as "the worst abomination in the history of Constitutional law" and reiterated this view in a June 2003 confirmation hearing?

Do we know that Pryor is pro-life and anti-abortion because, in this same hearing, he said of Roe v. Wade: "I believe that not only is it unsupported by the text and structure of the Constitution, but it has led to a morally wrong result. It has led to the slaughter of millions of innocent unborn children."

Well, no, we do not know William Pryor is pro-life and anti-abortion simply because he said these things. As the old saying goes: Talk is cheap. The way we know if a person really believes something is DO THEY DO WHAT THEY SAY THEY BELIEVE?

Biblically-speaking, you might call this the "Fruit Test" and it was given us by none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Who says in Matthew 7:15-20:

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

In other words, actions are more important than words. And when our Lord's "Fruit Test" is applied to Pryor he fails it on the abortion issue. Because in the previously alluded to confirmation hearing, Pryor also said, amazingly: "Even though I strongly disagree with Roe versus Wade, I have acted in accordance with it as attorney general (of Alabama) and would continue to do so as a court of appeals judge."

That's right, William Pryor has said that although Roe v. Wade is an un-Constitutional "abomination" that has "led to the slaughter of millions of innocent unborn children," HE HAS ENFORCED IT AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO! This being the case, there is no way Pryor can be considered "pro-life" --- not at all.

Another event casting serious doubt on the claim that Pryor is a person of the Christian faith was his vicious persecution of a true Christian, former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy S. Moore. In the kangaroo court proceeding that illegally denied Moore his job, Pryor was the leader of this judicial lynch mob. He repeatedly asked Moore --- as if an affirmative answer was some kind of crime --- if he would, if he retained his Chief Justice job, continue to acknowledge God? To his eternal credit, Moore said yes, absolutely, because he had sworn to God to do this!

In an address to graduates at Pat Robertson's Regent University, as reported in the "Richmond Times Dispatch" (5/9/04), William Pryor stressed his Christian beliefs telling the students that they should "remember that it is by God's grace that we live and love and it is His will that must be done." It is said that he deviated from his prepared text only once, "encouraging graduates not to hide their faith to satisfy others in society."`

But, by enforcing the illegal, murderous, Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision --- AND VOWING TO CONTINUE TO DO THIS --- Pryor is NOT doing the will of God Who clearly prohibits "the slaughter of millions of innocent unborn children."

Â

For God, Family, & the Republic,Â
Â

Michael A. Peroutka

justchristian

Wouldn't using a law to "justify" your actions just be lying to yourself? I don't think that is really justifying your actions - more like saying that since everyone else is doing it, it's ok.

justchristian

opps my statement above doesnt make much sense - sorry still getting the hang of forums
i was responding to like 30 pages ago

Agape4Robin

justchristian said:
Wouldn't using a law to "justify" your actions just be lying to yourself? I don't think that is really justifying your actions - more like saying that since everyone else is doing it, it's ok.
Not all laws are based in morality.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
justchristian said:
opps my statement above doesnt make much sense - sorry still getting the hang of forums
i was responding to like 30 pages ago

There is a "quote" option at the bottom right hand side of each post if you find one that you want to respond to.

Btw, Welcome to TOL.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If life is sacred, what prevents you from extending that "protection" to ALL life? Is man to be the measure of all things? Is it always to be a relative and arbitrary line drawn with every case? How can you be consistent without coming across as hypocritical? What specific stands could you take and how could you communicate those stands in a way that shows a seamless reverence for ALL creation--like Vayandanta Buddhism or something?