Abortion-a crying shame. (HOF thread)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Freak said:
What I'm getting at is, when will it be time for acts of civil disobedience from the body of Christ?
Tip over some tables in the Temple and drive the bums out. Taking up the cross means certain crucifixion, though.

elected4ever

Freak said:
What I'm getting at is, when will it be time for acts of civil disobedience from the body of Christ?
I don't think the scriptures advocate civil disobedience or disobedience of any kind other than to reject a forced worship of anyone other than Jesus. Granted, abortion is murder but I am not required to participate. I use what ever influence I have to dissuade the practice and encourage a change in the law but not act illegally. This is one place where my head takes over from my heart in that I would like to be the abortionist executioner but the love of God constrains me.

Lovejoy

elected4ever said:
I don't think the scriptures advocate civil disobedience or disobedience of any kind other than to reject a forced worship of anyone other than Jesus. Granted, abortion is murder but I am not required to participate. I use what ever influence I have to dissuade the practice and encourage a change in the law but not act illegally. This is one place where my head takes over from my heart in that I would like to be the abortionist executioner but the love of God constrains me.
It is amazing how much of a blow abortion laws are to the righteousness of this nation. I never quite understood it before coming to this site. Everyday is a new revelation to me on the matter. I wonder where all this will take my beliefs? I thank God that Paul did write what he wrote on the matter of kings and authorities, or I would be in real trouble, just as you say E4E.

Freak

elected4ever said:
I'm not speaking of killing the doctors, though the government should place these doctors to death, I'm asking when is it time to force ourselves in the abortion mills and save lives. Actually hindering those wanting to get abortions and forcing them to turn around--lest the baby gets butchered.

But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, saying, "What shall we do to these men? For, indeed, that a notable miracle has been done through them is evident to all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it. But so that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man in this name.

So they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said to them, "Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding no way of punishing them, because of the people, since they all glorified God for what had been done. For the man was over forty years old on whom this miracle of healing had been performed.

Freak

Lovejoy said:
It is amazing how much of a blow abortion laws are to the righteousness of this nation. I never quite understood it before coming to this site. Everyday is a new revelation to me on the matter. I wonder where all this will take my beliefs? I thank God that Paul did write what he wrote on the matter of kings and authorities, or I would be in real trouble, just as you say E4E.

Curious to know: If the government asked you to stop sharing your faith and made evangelism illegal (as it is in many nations around the globe). Would you obey them?

Lovejoy

Freak said:
Curious to know: If the government asked you to stop sharing your faith and made evangelism illegal (as it is in many nations around the globe). Would you obey them?
Nope. Although there are days that I recognize that I stop short of speaking His word because of a law, particularly at work. I also recognize that there is more I could do to stop abortions, but stop short because of unrighteous laws. I am still trying to work this matter out, frankly.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Lou Carroll will do for awhile
To quote just to show all your bile.
But were you aware
As you copied him there
That he was a slime pedophile?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
aikido7 said:
But were you aware
As you copied him there

:darwinsm: He must be one of your favorites then?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
aikido7 said:
But were you aware
As you copied him there

Frank Ernest said:
He must be one of your favorites then?
aikido7 said:
Never heard of him. Are you saying he has link with Al Qaida too?

Never heard of someone you claim is a "slime pedophile?" :darwinsm:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The once was a man from Iridia
Who suffered from moral chlamydia
Chastized for his error
Became the sad wearer
Of the cloak of the Order Stupidia

ItIsWritten

Crow said:
This thread contains pictures of aborted babies.
Just found this thread and since it started off with the above warning I fell free to post a link to the 100AbortionPictures.com web site for those who need convincing on this issue or for those who may be able to use this tool to help convince others on this issue.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Abortions and drug abuse once again have been linked, according to a study co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the National Institute on Drug Abuse, and reported by Christian Wire Service.

Drug abuse is three times more common during a subsequent pregnancy among women who have had abortions in the past than among those who have never ended a pregnancy. However, there is no evidence of the trend among women who experienced miscarriages or stillbirths.

Research suggests that subsequent pregnancies may cause women to experience unresolved grief about past abortions. To mask such feelings, these women depend on drugs.

"Whatever the individual experience," said Dr. David Reardon, "it is clear that pregnant women with a history of abortion are at a greater risk of trying to suppress their turbulent emotions by relying on more alcohol, cigarettes or illegal drugs." Reardon, director of the Elliot Institute, helped collect data along with researchers from Bowling State University and the University of Texas.

The findings of the study paralleled those of 21 other studies that connect abortions to an increased rate of substance abuse.
cite

I've also found this site, Abortion Facts, in case it hasn't been listed in this thread yet.