İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
But you agree!
Your faith must be coupled with your works.
No problem friend. I simply reject that and refuse it .

But before you get indignant about me, realize that you reject the idea of a propitiation. That's our difference.

As to what I think your question was concerning Adam thru Noah, these people were saved by grace alone thru faith alone in what had been revealed up to their time plus nothing - no works required.

Adam was promised a Seed Son. He believed was saved no works.
Cain was aware of promised Seed Son. He did not believe.
Able did. Was saved - no works.
Noah had revelation of a flood. He believed was saved.

During the days of Israel all one needed was to believe God had chosen them and they would be saved by believing in God's revelation by grace thru faith. Very few non Jews were saved during that time.
In my observation.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
So what about those who believe that the law has been abolished - done away with for good. They are free to be homosexuals and abuse children , aren't they? So Messianic Jews believe that the law still holds but all sins have been already forgiven by the blood sacrifice of Christ?

I'm glad I caught this.
First, she is not a Messianic Jew.
Second the technical reason that the 613 laws of Moses are no longer in operation is due to the fact that Yeshua is not a Levite and therefore disqualified from being our High Priest. Yeshua is of the tribe of Judah.

Messianic Judaism is an improper term for a Jew who believes in Yeshua as their Messiah for the simple fact that in Judaism the Law of Moses is mandatory.

Either Messianic Jew or Hebrew Christian is the better name.

If imj thinks that the law is still in effect then she must explain how Yeshua can function as our high priest when only the descendants of Aaron can fill that role.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Just because the mosaic law was rendered inoperative does not make followers of Yeshua antinomians. There are hundreds of laws in the NT and nine of the Ten Commandments are repeated and we are obligated to follow them.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Just because the mosaic law was rendered inoperative does not make followers of Yeshua antinomians. There are hundreds of laws in the NT and nine of the Ten Commandments are repeated and we are obligated to follow them.
But it doesn't matter if you break them. You are saved by faith through grace. Hitler would be saved if he believed in Christ.

I did not say that I believe that it is faith + work that would save us.

Firstly I don't believe in the doctrine of the Fall or in Original Sin. I don't believe that all of us deserves eternal death until proven otherwise. Islam believes the opposite. All of us are under God's protection and grace unless we show otherwise. See there's no concept of salvation. We are already saved unless we are willing to rebel. In Islam sin is not a state but an action.

Secondly Islam too believes that because of external demonic forces (we are all born free of sin and incapable of sin because we are all created in the image of God - we still have freewill) we would all fall to sin or disbelief or fail to keep the laws. But we also believe that it is way of God to forgive ALL sins that we are willing to repent of past and future. He does not need blood to be spilt. Islam also doesn't believe that through work or faith alone we are saved. There is the grace and mercy of God.

Wikipedia has it in a nutshell. Look up "salvation" and then the Islamic view of it in that article.

Last edited:

bybee

But it doesn't matter if you break them. You are saved by faith through grace. Hitler would be saved if he believed in Christ.

I did not say that I believe that it is faith + work that would save us.

Firstly I don't believe in the doctrine of the Fall or in Original Sin. I don't believe that all of us deserves eternal death until proven otherwise. Islam believes the opposite. All of us are under God's protection and grace unless we show otherwise. See there's no concept of salvation. We are already saved unless we are willing to rebel. In Islam sin is not a state but an action.

Secondly Islam too believes that because of external demonic forces (we are all born free of sin and incapable of sin because we are all created in the image of God - we still have freewill) we would all fall to sin or disbelief or fail to keep the laws. But we also believe that it is way of God to forgive ALL sins that we are willing to repent of past and future. He does not need blood to be spilt. Islam also doesn't believe that through work or faith alone we are saved. There is the grace and mercy of God.

Wikipedia has it in a nutshell. Look up "salvation" and then the Islamic view of it in that article.

In Islam there is no personal connection between God and man. In Christianity there is.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
In Islam there is no personal connection between God and man. In Christianity there is.
Not true. Why do you assume you know more of Islam than us Muslims? A rose by any other name is still a rose.

We have complete dimension of Islam called Sufism for this spiritual aspect.

bybee

Not true. Why do you assume you know more of Islam than us Muslims? A rose by any other name is still a rose.

We have complete dimension of Islam called Sufism for this spiritual aspect.

Why do you assume that my attempt to clarify what I know is meant to convey that I know more than someone else?
I am open to learn about my own faith from those whose lives have been/are exemplary.
I have read the Quran and have read commentaries both the apologetic and critiquing writings.
We are products of our upbringing. I do not doubt that it is almost impossible for an indoctrinated Muslim to criticize his belief system.
I have no intention to criticize my foundation beliefs either. However, looking back at the history of the Crusades and the many religious pogroms perpetrated in the "name" of Christianity I am appalled!
Today I am appalled by the viciousness of some groups who identify themselves as Muslim.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Why do you assume that my attempt to clarify what I know is meant to convey that I know more than someone else?

OK. I didn't know that you weren't the haughty type and it is wrong of me to assume such things.

I am open to learn about my own faith from those whose lives have been/are exemplary.

Moi aussi. Me too.

I have read the Quran and have read commentaries both the apologetic and critiquing writings.
We are products of our upbringing. I do not doubt that it is almost impossible for an indoctrinated Muslim to criticize his belief system.

Yes it is impossible for a brainwashed Muslim to criticize anything in his belief system.

I have no intention to criticize my foundation beliefs either. However, looking back at the history of the Crusades and the many religious pogroms perpetrated in the "name" of Christianity I am appalled!
Today I am appalled by the viciousness of some groups who identify themselves as Muslim.

I respect that.

Me too. I'm also appalled. At the same time I'm not appalled of God when he decided to drown the world in a flood nor I'm I appalled when He ordered ancient Israel to carry out genocides. I hope you are too.

6days

Repentance said:
The Injil has not been corrupted but the Bible does not have the complete Injil.

The Qu'ran does not say that parts have been lost, and I'm sure you believe Allah is powerful enough to preserve his words?

And when were parts of the Injil lost, as it would seem from the Qu'ran that it existed in its entirety while Muhammad was alive.?

Repentance said:
Anyway what is fact is that the writings of St. Paul is not the Injil. The Quran states that the people of the Scripture follow a lot of conjecture. Surely their Bible is the source of their conjecture?

The Qu'ran instructs you to look for the straight path. Isa Al-Masih claims to be that the one and the only path. The Qu'ran tells you that He was born of a virgin, A holy son who was given the Word of God. Isa is the glorious One who had been prophecied as the Messiah. Isa is foremost in the world and in the hereafter. He will return to be our judge..... ETC.

Consider who Isa is in this... “. . . Ibrahim said: ‘O my son, I really saw in a dream that I (should) sacrifice you. So think about it. What is your opinion?’ He answered, ‘O my father, do whatever has been commanded to you. . .’ Then both of them surrendered themselves and Ibrahim laid his son on his altar . . . (God) called him, ‘O Ibrahim, truly you have fulfilled that dream . . . and We redeem your son with the offering (of a goat) that is big (great, noble)’”

The Injil tells us that Jesus is the One who takes away the sin of the world. It is He who is our Savior. It is in Him we must place our trust. He Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".

bybee

OK. I didn't know that you weren't the haughty type and it is wrong of me to assume such things.

Moi aussi. Me too.

Yes it is impossible for a brainwashed Muslim to criticize anything in his belief system.

I respect that.

Me too. I'm also appalled. At the same time I'm not appalled of God when he decided to drown the world in a flood nor I'm I appalled when He ordered ancient Israel to carry out genocides. I hope you are too.

I do not question The Lord God Almighty! Sometimes, though, I do feel a bit like Job and enter into a dialogue with God regarding my role and the requirements being laid on my body, mind and spirit.
So long as I seek to present myself to my Creator based on His requirements of me, I receive directions, corrections, blessings.
I am 77 years old and never have I doubted that God's purpose for me is being worked out. Sometimes that purpose has been with my cooperation and sometimes I have needed time to learn important lessons on the way.
I do believe that God's Love surrounds me. Therefore God's Love must, of necessity, also surround you.
Have you read Martin Buber? I have been profoundly affected by his concept of human relationships being either "I/thou" or "I/it".
Sometimes I find myself still! looking at another human being as an "it" and I am ashamed.

IMJerusha

So what about those who believe that the law has been abolished - done away with for good. They are free to be homosexuals and abuse children , aren't they? So Messianic Jews believe that the law still holds but all sins have been already forgiven by the blood sacrifice of Christ?

You are misunderstanding what is meant by that. The curse of the Law has been abolished. The Law itself remains because it is by the Law that we know what sin is. Christians believe that Yeshua took the sins of the world upon His shoulders. Paul explains that this does not give us the right, as believers, to sin all the more so that more Grace may abound. The freedom we have in Yeshua does not include freedom to continue in sin as we choose but we have freedom to be obedient to the leading of the Ruach, the Spirit of God.

IMJerusha

The way before Yeshua, most certainly not Islam, was the Grace of God through faith and obedience to the Law.

That is Islam.

No, that is NOT Islam. Islam was formed from the mind of Muhammad. It is a kluge of false gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-lāt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-‘Uzzá
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manāt
http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone

Christianity is advertised by the fruit of Ruach HaKodesh. Did we see any fruit in Hitler? And the last Hitler I saw had his arm wrapped around James Foley's neck. The first Hitler has his reward and the last Hitler I saw will get his, too. Sadly, it won't have anything to do with virgins or wine. Virgins and wine....really?

This was all prophesised to take place at the end of days. They are to Islam as Hitler is to Christianity.

I'm sure that is what many would have people to believe but the fact is that ISIS most closely follows the writings of Islam.

IMJerusha

Why? It was foretold.
Bybee, don't be fooled into thinking that there is any similarity whatsoever between Islam and the faith of Yeshua. That is part of the deception of HaSatan.

bybee

Why? It was foretold.
Bybee, don't be fooled into thinking that there is any similarity whatsoever between Islam and the faith of Yeshua. That is part of the deception of HaSatan.

I am not at al fooled! What makes you think that I am?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Law was never given as the means of salvation.
Yes I break the law if Christ and am still saved. The law serves as a rule of life for one already saved and not a means of salvation.

Hitler was a reprobate. He could not have come to faith.

There is no such thing as unlimited free will.

The reason for infant mortality is because all are born sinful.