ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, fool, the phrase "you know how it goes; you can't fight city hall" is meant to function in much the same way as parables do.

Most will be aware that although an actual city hall may exist, and although it is well known that a legal fight against one's city hall is either not easily won, or not won at all - neither an actual city hall, nor an actual fight with it, let alone, actual fisticuffs, is what is being referred to.

The only ones not aware of the actual principle being communicted through such an analogy, figure of speech, parable, metaphor, etc., is either some one who has some sort of a learning disability, or someone deadset in their own agenda such that they have rendered their ears not ears to hear, and their eyes not eyes to see, for what doing so will mean expose them as.

There are those who get it or receive it, and those honestly unable to, and lastly, those unwilling to.

The first of those three were blessed for their having received it; the second one of those three were forgiven their slowness; while the third of those three (which you and Interplanner are obviously profoundly invested, in Tet) were repeatedly condemned by their own recurrent witness.

The poster I Am A Berean is more in that second group. He just doesn't get it, but believes he does. In this, he appears the only honest one of you three Preterists.

Parables aren't literal.

Luke 21:32 is literal.

heir

TOL Subscriber
MAD refuted in one verse. Jews and Gentile being "fellowheirs"

That's not what it says. I know who the twain made one new man is and there are Gentiles in both groups! We (those who have trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) are fellowheirs and of the same Body with the Jews and Greeks to whom Paul was first sent!

Wick Stick

Nang said:
Was the Gospel given to Eve in the garden?

See Genesis 3:15

That is a Godly promise and the foundation of the Covenant of Grace.
Where is this in my Bible?
If someone gives you a reference, how can you turn around and say, "where is that in the Bible?"

Do you disagree that Genesis 3:15 is the gospel? If so, why? How would you interpret?

Jarrod

Wick Stick

I asked where the covenant of grace is.
Is "covenant of grace" even a thing? I've heard of lots of covenants, but that ain't one of 'em, as far as I know.

They're usually named for the people involved... Covenant of Adam, Abraham, Moses, etc. I suspect "grace" is part of virtually all the covenants involving God.

Jarrod

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes. All of them. In alphabetical order.

All you have to do is get a KJB that still has the italicized words.

All the Italicized words are words added by the translators that were not in the Hebrew and Greek.

If a translation italicizes "Israel" in Gal 3:6 does that make it ok with you?

Danoh

All you have to do is get a KJB that still has the italicized words.

All the Italicized words are words added by the translators that were not in the Hebrew and Greek.

If a translation italicizes "Israel" in Gal 3:6 does that make it ok with you?

That is one dumb argument on your part.

As usual...

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The only people who spew such nonsense are Bullingerites.

You are a follower of E.W. Bullinger, not the Bible.

Yep.

For some reason they think that when Paul went to the Temple during his 15 day visit to Peter, that Jesus wasn't sending Paul far hence to the Gentiles.

They have to invent another time gap and some sort of "alien" Gentile.

There is no common sense in dispensationism.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Is "covenant of grace" even a thing? I've heard of lots of covenants, but that ain't one of 'em, as far as I know.

The good news and promise of a Savior is the Gospel of grace which comes as a Covenant from God. So the two terms Gospel and Covenant are the same subject, and the term "Covenant of Grace" is just a theological term that defines the New Covenant of Jesus Christ, who is the fulfillment of the promise of a Seed, given by God to Eve in the garden. IOW's this Gospel and this Covenant have existed through all of history, and encompass the Noahic Covenant, the Abrahamic Covenant, the Mosaic Covenant, etc.

They're usually named for the people involved... Covenant of Adam, Abraham, Moses, etc. I suspect "grace" is part of virtually all the covenants involving God.

Yes, these were all recipients of the Gospel and the Covenant promises of saving grace from God.

Status
Not open for further replies.