ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Have you ever wondered about this?

Fact: for many in Christendom, even the suggestion that, someday, God will once again deal with a nation called Israel is the most offensive and infuriating thing to tell them. Preterists are royally ticked off by this but they're hardly alone. This has been the case for a long time but the opposition to d'ism has gotten more strident in recent years.

Such people can and do tolerate anything else: gradual ecumenical drift towards universalism; finding "Christ" in pagan religions; "scholarly" denials of the reliability of God's Word; contradictory gospels; even contradictory Christs. But most of them WILL NOT tolerate the idea that God will once again be dealing with Israel as Israel.

Do you know why that is?

The reason is not political, although idiotic accusations of "Zionism" have been overlaid on top of it. Nor is it plain old fashioned Jew hatred...well, in some cases it is, but not all.

The real reason behind this is, to some degree or in some sense, these professing Christians who hate the idea of a renewed national Israel all believe either (a) that they have personally inherited fallen Israel's covenant position, up to and including the N.C., or (b) that they have permanently replaced national Israel altogether.

Either way the result is the same: they've been deceived into believing they have a very personal stake in no such Jewish nation even existing, much less being dealt with by God as Israel.

For many, having larcenously read themselves into Israel's "mail," they're naturally convinced that their ultimate salvation (not a present possession in Christ but something to earn or maintain by their works) is conditional and depends on adherence to their view. So they defend it very fiercely.

That is the #1 reason dispensationalism (Mid-Acts in particular) is so hated: it's the only view that consistently and inflexibly observes the Israel/Body distinction as a non-negotiable. It challenges their myths that there's little if any prophecy yet to be fulfilled and that God does not intend to someday restore Israel as Israel. This tenet of dispensationalism, if accepted, would require that they admit they've never been Israel, are not now Israel, and never will be Israel. It would require admitting they've believed a lie.

All dispensationalism does is point that out. That's why they hate it so much.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Fact: for many in Christendom, even the suggestion that, someday, God will once again deal with a nation called Israel is the most offensive and infuriating thing to tell them. Preterists are royally ticked off by this but they're hardly alone. This has been the case for a long time but the opposition to d'ism has gotten more strident in recent years.

Such people can and do tolerate anything else: gradual ecumenical drift towards universalism; finding "Christ" in pagan religions; "scholarly" denials of the reliability of God's Word; contradictory gospels; even contradictory Christs. But most of them WILL NOT tolerate the idea that God will once again be dealing with Israel as Israel.

Do you know why that is?

The reason is not political, although idiotic accusations of "Zionism" have been overlaid on top of it. Nor is it plain old fashioned Jew hatred...well, in some cases it is, but not all.

The real reason behind this is, to some degree or in some sense, these professing Christians who hate the idea of a renewed national Israel all believe either (a) that they have personally inherited fallen Israel's covenant position, up to and including the N.C., or (b) that they have permanently replaced national Israel altogether.

Either way the result is the same: they've been deceived into believing they have a very personal stake in no such Jewish nation even existing, much less being dealt with by God as Israel.

For many, having larcenously read themselves into Israel's "mail," they're naturally convinced that their ultimate salvation (not a present possession in Christ but something to earn or maintain by their works) is conditional and depends on adherence to their view. So they defend it very fiercely.

That is the #1 reason dispensationalism (Mid-Acts in particular) is so hated: it's the only view that consistently and inflexibly observes the Israel/Body distinction as a non-negotiable. It challenges their myths that there's little if any prophecy yet to be fulfilled and that God does not intend to someday restore Israel as Israel. This tenet of dispensationalism, if accepted, would require that they admit they've never been Israel, are not now Israel, and never will be Israel. It would require admitting they've believed a lie.

Dispensationalism is despised because it is not the Truth. It is a recent invention and centers upon long-gone tribes of Israelites rather than upon Jesus Christ and His work on the cross.

Dispensationalism is nothing but delusional belief that fractures the biblical message of God's saving grace.

It is a brain-washing that I suffered and spent years recovering from.

musterion

Dispensationalism is despised because it is not the Truth. It is a recent invention and centers upon long-gone tribes of Israelites

Translation:

I am Israel, this I know,
for Calvinists told me so.

Dispensationalism is nothing but delusional belief that fractures the biblical message of God's saving grace.

Sure it does.

Sure it was.

You have not learned from your time off. Still bitter at heart. You are dismissed, unlearned woman. Ask Heir to explain some things to you. But thanks for proving my thesis. :wave2:

Interplanner

Do you know why that is?

But I have Eph 2-3, so I don't need to have that pointed out.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Translation:

Reformers such as myself do not hold to Replacement Theology.

All of the redeemed constitute a "spiritual house"; a "holy nation" which live and abide in Christ, the spiritual "Israel" of God. I Peter2:5-10

National Israel only signified these spiritual truths in earthly form and ordinances.

You have not learned from your time off.

Did you really expect I would abandon my faith, just because TOL banned me for a year? Bah . . .

Still bitter at heart.

Says the most bitter poster on these forums.

You are dismissed, unlearned woman. Ask Heir to explain some things to you.

It matters to me that you do not hear my testimony, but I will not seek heir's counsel, for she is totally brainwashed with false teaching. Hopefully, some day you will see through the darkness. May God shine His light upon you.

Interplanner

All of the redeemed constitute a "spiritual house"; a "holy nation" which live and abide in Christ, the spiritual "Israel" of God. I Peter2:5-10

National Israel only signified these spiritual truths in earthly form and ordinances.

Did you really expect I would abandon my faith, just because TOL banned me for a year? Bah . . .

It matters to me that you do not hear my testimony, but I will not seek heir's counsel, for she is totally brainwashed with false teaching. Hopefully, some day you will see through the darkness. May God shine His light upon you.

re RT:
the real RT problem is in Gal 3:17. The law was not supposed to void the promise or replace it, but Judaism used it that way.

Danoh

Because it's a very dangerous false belief system that is like a cancer to the Body of Christ.

If there is a potential cancer the Body needs to be leery of, your posts are a prime example.

Worse then your Preterist teaching's heretical twisting of Scripture's Covenant with Abraham and his literal, physical multiplied seed in Isaac and Jacob; the believing remnant of that literal, physical nation, is your willingness to lie and distort a thing when cornered, after baiting others for ever on it.

To which you then add to that one more attempt to bait others via questions you then once more prove your spiritually bankrupt state through.

You are the lowest of the low within Christianity.

Twist this how you will.

For you will.

ClimateSanity

If there is a potential cancer the Body needs to be leery of, your posts are a prime example.

Worse then your Preterist teaching's heretical twisting of Scripture's Covenant with Abraham and his literal, physical multiplied seed in Isaac and Jacob; the believing remnant of that literal, physical nation, is your willingness to lie and distort a thing when cornered, after baiting others for ever on it.

To which you then add to that one more attempt to bait others via questions you then once more prove your spiritually bankrupt state through.

You are the lowest of the low within Christianity.

Twist this how you will.

For you will.

He obviously isn't the only one. There is a reason there are extremely few churches that preach dispensationally on a regular basis. If there are more, I am unaware of them.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dispensationalism cannot stand when tested with scripture.

That's the reason you don't answer the questions, you can't.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dispensationalism is despised because it is not the Truth. It is a recent invention and centers upon long-gone tribes of Israelites rather than upon Jesus Christ and His work on the cross.

Your problem is Nang, the truth was too much for you, so you resorted to placing ALL your faith in John "The Pope of Geneva" Calvin. Not a smart move Nang. However, you're now brainwashed/indoctrinated and preaching a false gospel. Did you really "choose" the right path, nah.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Translation:

Sure it does.

Sure it was.

You have not learned from your time off. Still bitter at heart. You are dismissed, unlearned woman. Ask Heir to explain some things to you. But thanks for proving my thesis. :wave2:

True, Nang is a very angry, grouchy, and cranky woman. She acts like she resents everybody. I'm glad I'm not in her position.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Nang, at least you're consistent, consistently wrong.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because they want to lead folks to doubt the word of God and His promises.

The promises were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Those "in Christ" are heirs to the promises.

Dispensationalists deny the finished work of Christ Jesus. Dispensationalism teaches there will be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.