ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Make a point or shut up. Don't ask baited irrelevant questions.

He has just four things, in this order:

1) Unquestioned and unquestionable assumptions.

2) Programmed prooftexts from preterist sources.

3) Endlessly doting, distracting questions.

4) Deliberate lies about anything and anyone that threatens preterism.

In Paul's day he would have been publicly rebuked and shunned from all fellowship.

musterion

But it's good for others to read outside of Christianity as well. Just like it's beneficial for a Christian to read the Buddhist sutras, the Koran etc.

Those philosophies are empty, lifeless, ungodly and wicked. Psa. 1:1 says blessed is that the man who SHUNS the counsel of the ungodly, the way of sinners, and the seat of the scornful.

Paul says the saved are to have NOTHING to do with heretics -- and the context there is regarding professing Christians.

Your ignorance or willful disobedience to the Word of God becomes clearer with every post. Which is it?

musterion

I would guess that it's just a function of popularity/prevalence. A hundred years ago, hardly anyone had ever heard of Dispensationalism, so there was no counter-movement against it.

Jarrod

There were always those who glimpsed and grasped elements of dispensational truth through the centuries of Augustinian/Catholic/Covenant fog, which obscures everything and from which the "God is forever done with national Israel" myth ultimately arose. Those who did so were always denounced and opposed. They still are.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol, You are confused with me it seems in thinking that I think not every stone would be not standing one upon another, this is not what I said or think. What I think and am saying is that each and every stone will one day not be standing upon another and that it began to take place in the first Jewish revolt but was not completed as you say by ad70.

(Luke 21:32) “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

themuzicman

Amen to the OP! I think it speaks volumes and explains a lot to the reader.

First, one must teach the Holy Bible dispensationally to understand it. Obviously, God has dealt with mankind differently in certain periods of time throughout history. We don't make burnt offerings now, as an example. Think of "God's Dispensation" as "God's Administration".

God will never be through with Israel, and the Church which is the Body of Christ did not replace Israel. God made specific promises to both entities that will be kept perfectly at His appointed time. It is more than obvious that many of those promises have not been fulfilled yet, so they are still future.

Those are 'covenants', not 'dispensations.' God brought the remnant of Israel into the New Covenant, who are joined by the Gentile (Romans 9, esp 24). The rest of Israel was prepared for wrath (Romans 9:21-22).

In this way (via the remnant, Rom 11:1-7), all Israel will be saved.

njspolk

Those philosophies are empty, lifeless, ungodly and wicked. Psa. 1:1 says blessed is that the man who SHUNS the counsel of the ungodly, the way of sinners, and the seat of the scornful.

Paul says the saved are to have NOTHING to do with heretics -- and the context there is regarding professing Christians.

Your ignorance or willful disobedience to the Word of God becomes clearer with every post. Which is it?

There are other theological traditions within the Church. We clearly have different foundational approaches. There is no "right" theological denomination or tradition within the Church because they all fall short.

Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."

I don't see any of those Scriptural values in your tone or approach in these conversations. There would be many here who would be concerned with the way that you approach the Gospel or others outside of the Church. Many would say that your approach is wicked and harmful. Don't assume your position is correct. This is a discussion, not an intervention.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly -- so along comes disp'ism, which they view as a thief trying to steal from them what they, in ignorance, have already stolen from Israel.

Who was the Messiah promised to?

(Matt 15:24) He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Are you part of the lost sheep of Israel?

If not, why did you steal Israel's Messiah for yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.