ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is one dumb argument on your part.

Nope, that would be STP's "dumb" argument.

According to STP translations can't add words, every word has to be found in the Greek or Hebrew.

Little does STP know it's impossible to not add words when translating.

A Bible with every Greek and Hebrew word transliterated, would be almost impossible to understand.

Danoh

Yep.

For some reason they think that when Paul went to the Temple during his 15 day visit to Peter, that Jesus wasn't sending Paul far hence to the Gentiles.

They have to invent another time gap and some sort of "alien" Gentile.

Who is this "they" you poorly researched fools keep categorizing all Mid-Acts Dispies under?

Danoh

Nope, that would be STP's "dumb" argument.

According to STP translations can't add words, every word has to be found in the Greek or Hebrew.

Little does STP know it's impossible to not add words when translating.

A Bible with every Greek and Hebrew word transliterated, would be almost impossible to understand.

Nope - the NIV is an add on in that passage its' translation of that passage violates.

Where one language will say a thing in one word, its translation into another might require additional words in the translating language's equivalent.

And that is NOT the same as the NIV's DYNAMIC equivalent.

Case in point, in the Spanish Bibles, and this is a point that fool PPS has made an idol of - the words "justified by faith" are translated "justified by THE faith."

Because the article has this usage in Spanish.

Man is THE Man. Woman is THE Woman.

The NIV is NOT that equivalent.

Its' is the "what it means to me" equivalent.

As if one translated Man as The Man Billy Bob, or whatever.

Wick Stick

Yes, these were all (Adam, Abraham, Moses) recipients of the Gospel and the Covenant promises of saving grace from God.
I'm pretty sure all 613 commandments of the Mosaic covenant aren't a progression along the New Covenant path. You might be able to include the first 10.

But the rest of it, all the ritual and pomp, and the priesthood and sacrifices... seems like those were added as a punishment for Israel after the whole "golden calf" incident.

Probably why the New Testament discards the Levitical priesthood and reforms to a fulfilled version of the Abrahamic covenant.

Jarrod

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'm pretty sure all 613 commandments of the Mosaic covenant aren't a progression along the New Covenant path. You might be able to include the first 10.

If you are referring to the Decalogue, indeed grace and promises are found therein.

As to the ceremonial and civil commands given by God through Moses; these too are full of grace and Gospel truth, for most of them point to the atoning sacrifice of Messiah.

Probably why the New Testament discards the Levitical priesthood and reforms to a fulfilled version of the Abrahamic covenant.

Jarrod

The Levitical priesthood detailed the Covenant of Works given to Adam in the garden; under which most of mankind still functions, even though that priesthood, pointing to Christ, is no longer practiced. No reason for those ordinances to continue, when they have been fulfilled in the Incarnation.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

But the rest of it, all the ritual and pomp, and the priesthood and sacrifices... seems like those were added as a punishment for Israel after the whole "golden calf" incident.

Jarrod

:nono:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Ezekiel 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If you are referring to the Decalogue, indeed grace and promises are found therein.

As to the ceremonial and civil commands given by God through Moses; these too are full of grace and Gospel truth, for most of them point to the atoning sacrifice of Messiah.

The Levitical priesthood detailed the Covenant of Works given to Adam in the garden; under which most of mankind still functions, even though that priesthood, pointing to Christ, is no longer practiced. No reason for those ordinances to continue, when they have been fulfilled in the Incarnation.

They all have spiritual overtones.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope - the NIV is an add on in that passage its' translation of that passage violates.

It's not just the NIV

(Eph 3:6 CEB) This plan is that the Gentiles would be coheirs and parts of the same body, and that they would share with the Jews in the promises of God in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

(Eph 3:6 CEV) And the mystery is this: Because of Christ Jesus, the good news has given the Gentiles a share in the promises that God gave to the Jews. God has also let the Gentiles be part of the same body.

(Eph 3:6 ERV) And this is the secret truth: that by hearing the Good News, those who are not Jews will share with the Jews in the blessings God has for his people. They are part of the same body, and they share in the promise God made through Christ Jesus.

(Eph 3:6 GNT) The secret is that by means of the gospel the Gentiles have a part with the Jews in God's blessings; they are members of the same body and share in the promise that God made through Christ Jesus.

(Eph 3:6 TLB) And this is the secret: that the Gentiles will have their full share with the Jews in all the riches inherited by God’s sons; both are invited to belong to his Church, and all of God’s promises of mighty blessings through Christ apply to them both when they accept the Good News about Christ and what he has done for them.

(Eph 3:6 NCV) This is that secret: that through the Good News those who are not Jews will share with the Jews in God’s blessing. They belong to the same body, and they share together in the promise that God made in Christ Jesus.

(Eph 3:6 NLT) And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
lol, nope you removed that one from your bag of tricks. You said in the thread "follow Paul",page 60,post #886 that parables are not literal. You said in the tread "follow Paul",page 35,post #513 the same thing,"parables are not literal".

In the thread "the main prophets point beyond the land", pg. 4,post #47 that parables were not literal and I ask you about it and then told you some of your favorite scriptures in defense as an preterit you might need, and that you should remember saying that to me.

Now you try to pull out Luke 21:32 KJV and you need it to be "literal" in defense of ad70ism but you have made that parable of the fig tree "not literal" in your own eschatology. You remain in your stance that it is not literal now that you have said it. You need to prove that Luke 21:32 KJV is literal,but you have said it is not,and now you want it to be(who do we believe you or you?).

As for me I saw that in the very next verse Jesus quotes Genesis 2:4 KJV and "the Generations of the Heavens and of the earth", so as he said they (Genesis 2:4 KJV) will pass but his words will not. You say we are in the "millennial" and that that generation did end before the millennial began,I do not. I say that the millennial will not come until all that he spoke of it comes to pass(Luke 21:32 KJV) but I as a dispy have the luxury of receiving the parables literally,I say that until all seven days of the generations of the heavens and the earth have happened Luke 21:33 KJV ,,,the new heavens and the new earth cannot come,,,

Tet is not a full blown Preterist.

Although it is hard to tell when he asserts the 1,000 years is hyperbole.

Dispies assert that it is not.

I'm neither.

And I assert neither view.

You brought up an interesting point as there are 7 heavens.

Here is an interesting read on them.

http://www.betemunah.org/heaven.html

Danoh

It's not just the NIV

(Eph 3:6 CEB) This plan is that the Gentiles would be coheirs and parts of the same body, and that they would share with the Jews in the promises of God in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

(Eph 3:6 CEV) And the mystery is this: Because of Christ Jesus, the good news has given the Gentiles a share in the promises that God gave to the Jews. God has also let the Gentiles be part of the same body.

(Eph 3:6 ERV) And this is the secret truth: that by hearing the Good News, those who are not Jews will share with the Jews in the blessings God has for his people. They are part of the same body, and they share in the promise God made through Christ Jesus.

(Eph 3:6 GNT) The secret is that by means of the gospel the Gentiles have a part with the Jews in God's blessings; they are members of the same body and share in the promise that God made through Christ Jesus.

(Eph 3:6 TLB) And this is the secret: that the Gentiles will have their full share with the Jews in all the riches inherited by God’s sons; both are invited to belong to his Church, and all of God’s promises of mighty blessings through Christ apply to them both when they accept the Good News about Christ and what he has done for them.

(Eph 3:6 NCV) This is that secret: that through the Good News those who are not Jews will share with the Jews in God’s blessing. They belong to the same body, and they share together in the promise that God made in Christ Jesus.

(Eph 3:6 NLT) And this is God’s plan: Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God’s children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus.

At which point your assertion that all Jews are Israelites but not all Israelites are Jews defeats your point :chuckle:

whitestone

Tet is not a full blown Preterist.

Although it is hard to tell when he asserts the 1,000 years is hyperbole.

Dispies assert that it is not.

I'm neither.

And I assert neither view.

You brought up an interesting point as there are 7 heavens.

Here is an interesting read on them.

http://www.betemunah.org/heaven.html

I wasn't referring to the 7 heavens in 1Enoch,,,I see the discourse beginning with the three questions ask by the disciples Matthew 24:3 KJV . I do not divide it into parts A or B nor parables verses candid speech and consider the answers to the three questions ask by the disciples to extend to Matthew 26:1 KJV where the subject is concluded and the next begins.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At which point your assertion that all Jews are Israelites but not all Israelites are Jews defeats your point :chuckle:

Nope.

The Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God because God had divorced the 10 tribes from the House of Israel.

So, while the Gentiles became fellow heirs with Israel, the "Israel" Eph 3:6 is referring to are the Jews who had been entrusted with the oracles of God.

It's why Paul said Jew and Gentile are one new man in Christ.

If you understood the differences between the two houses, you would understand that many of the Gentiles that became heirs with the Jews were descendants of the Israelites from the 10 tribes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wasn't referring to the 7 heavens in 1Enoch,,,I see the discourse beginning with the three questions ask by the disciples Matthew 24:3 KJV . I do not divide it into parts A or B nor parables verses candid speech and consider the answers to the three questions ask by the disciples to extend to Matthew 26:1 KJV where the subject is concluded and the next begins.

No matter how you "see it", you can't fit Matt 24:34 into your Dispensationalism.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

That's because you're looking to defend your preconceived notions.

And are now changing the goalposts.

whitestone

No matter how you "see it", you can't fit Matt 24:34 into your Dispensationalism.

lol,In the parable of the fig tree,right above that verse,when did the branch become tender and put forth leaves? will you continue in your path of literal doesn't apply,or will you point to something in the events of the first century and say it was literally fulfilled?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Nope.

The Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God because God had divorced the 10 tribes from the House of Israel.

So, while the Gentiles became fellow heirs with Israel, the "Israel" Eph 3:6 is referring to are the Jews who had been entrusted with the oracles of God.

It's why Paul said Jew and Gentile are one new man in Christ.

If you understood the differences between the two houses, you would understand that many of the Gentiles that became heirs with the Jews were descendants of the Israelites from the 10 tribes.

True but irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.