ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Who was the Messiah promised to?

(Matt 15:24) He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Are you part of the lost sheep of Israel?

Because the plan changed at DBR and the new deal was shown to Paul
If not, why did you steal Israel's Messiah for yourself?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which "the Greek" text did they pull your verse?

Proverbs is in the OT.

The OT was originally written in Hebrew, not Greek.

From the ESV Preface:

"The ESV is based on the Masoretic text of the Hebrew Bible as found in Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia"

Wick Stick

There were always those who glimpsed and grasped elements of dispensational truth through the centuries of Augustinian/Catholic/Covenant fog, which obscures everything and from which the "God is forever done with national Israel" myth ultimately arose. Those who did so were always denounced and opposed. They still are.
Could you list some people? Or better yet, texts. I'm kind of a geek for reading old texts, but I haven't found anything in the church fathers about dispensations.

Thanks,

Jarrod

whitestone

(Luke 21:32) “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

lol, nope you removed that one from your bag of tricks. You said in the thread "follow Paul",page 60,post #886 that parables are not literal. You said in the tread "follow Paul",page 35,post #513 the same thing,"parables are not literal".

In the thread "the main prophets point beyond the land", pg. 4,post #47 that parables were not literal and I ask you about it and then told you some of your favorite scriptures in defense as an preterit you might need, and that you should remember saying that to me.

Now you try to pull out Luke 21:32 KJV and you need it to be "literal" in defense of ad70ism but you have made that parable of the fig tree "not literal" in your own eschatology. You remain in your stance that it is not literal now that you have said it. You need to prove that Luke 21:32 KJV is literal,but you have said it is not,and now you want it to be(who do we believe you or you?).

As for me I saw that in the very next verse Jesus quotes Genesis 2:4 KJV and "the Generations of the Heavens and of the earth", so as he said they (Genesis 2:4 KJV) will pass but his words will not. You say we are in the "millennial" and that that generation did end before the millennial began,I do not. I say that the millennial will not come until all that he spoke of it comes to pass(Luke 21:32 KJV) but I as a dispy have the luxury of receiving the parables literally,I say that until all seven days of the generations of the heavens and the earth have happened Luke 21:33 KJV ,,,the new heavens and the new earth cannot come,,,

themuzicman

The word "generations" is Genesis has a far different connotation than Luke 21 or Matthew 24. Translators don't really know how to translate the Genesis version.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You need to prove that Luke 21:32 KJV is literal,but you have said it is not,and now you want it to be(who do we believe you or you?).

I never said Luke 21:32 is not literal. It is literal.

It's very easy to prove. All we have to do is look at each time Christ Jesus used the phrase "this generation" leading up to Luke 21:32:

(Luke 7:31 KJV) And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

(Luke 11:30 KJV) For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

(Luke 11:31 KJV) The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

(Luke 11:32 KJV) The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

(Luke 11:50 KJV) That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

(Luke 11:51 KJV) From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

(Luke 17:55 KJV) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

As we see above, every time Christ Jesus used the phrase "this generation" it refers to the generation of His Jewish contemporaries in the first century.

The next time He uses the phrase:

(Luke 21:32KJV)Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

You want us to believe that Christ Jesus used the phrase "this generation" throughout the gospel of Luke in describing the generation of His Jewish contemporaries, then all of the sudden in Luke 21:32, He decided to use the exact same phrase to describe a generation 2,000 years into the future (and still counting)?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now you try to pull out Luke 21:32 KJV and you need it to be "literal" in defense of ad70ism but you have made that parable of the fig tree "not literal" in your own eschatology.

The fig tree parable isn't literal. The trees sprouting leaves wasn't the sign of the return of Christ, it was the things Christ Jesus had just said (i.e. Jerusalem surrounded by armies, etc).

Luke 21:32 isn't part of the parable.

Danoh

Really?

Does that mean Christ Jesus literally separates literal wheat from literal tares, and then puts the literal wheat in a literal barn?

Again, fool, the phrase "you know how it goes; you can't fight city hall" is meant to function in much the same way as parables do.

Most will be aware that although an actual city hall may exist, and although it is well known that a legal fight against one's city hall is either not easily won, or not won at all - neither an actual city hall, nor an actual fight with it, let alone, actual fisticuffs, is what is being referred to.

The only ones not aware of the actual principle being communicted through such an analogy, figure of speech, parable, metaphor, etc., is either some one who has some sort of a learning disability, or someone deadset in their own agenda such that they have rendered their ears not ears to hear, and their eyes not eyes to see, for what doing so will mean expose them as.

There are those who get it or receive it, and those honestly unable to, and lastly, those unwilling to.

The first of those three were blessed for their having received it; the second one of those three were forgiven their slowness; while the third of those three (which you and Interplanner are obviously profoundly invested, in Tet) were repeatedly condemned by their own recurrent witness.

The poster I Am A Berean is more in that second group. He just doesn't get it, but believes he does. In this, he appears the only honest one of you three Preterists.

Status
Not open for further replies.