Paul: The Commandments Made Me Want to Lust and Sin

RBBI

A new creature or new creation in Christ involves being born of the Spirit of God, being born again.

But a new heavens and a new earth is different from being born again. I used the term new creation in this way, which is not necessarily Biblical but described my question about what is the new heavens and the new earth, if it is a new creation. The present creation, God's creation (for God is the Creator) is the only creation of God I know. Thus the question of if the new heavens and the new earth is a recreation, and now what form that recreation would take (remaking from that which is or remaking with entirely new material even perhaps new laws of nature etc...).

Thoughts about these verses, anyway.

2 Peter 3:10-13 NASB - 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Layer upon layer of understanding within the Word; plus, microcosm view of things, macrocosm view of things.

New heaven = mind of Christ. New earth = glorified body. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
No, Paul did not say that. YOU said that, and you are taking what he said out of context and twisting the words to mean what you want them to mean. Note here that the principality of sin, is what produced.

Romans 7:8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire.

Did you read the last part of what you quoted?

Romans 7:12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

We are all sinners and are subject to the law.

The scripture plainly says that the law made Paul want to lust and sin.

You can slice it anyway that you want to, but the scripture still says the same thing.

"When the commandment came, sin revived and I died" Romans 7:9.

OCTOBER23

SPIRITUAL IN THE GARDEN AND ANIMALISTIC IN THE WILDERNESS.

SATAN PRODUCED PHYSICAL ANIMALS THAT WERE AGGRESSIVE AND REPRODUCTIVE.

THEREFORE, GOD MADE US PHYSICAL AND SATAN GAVE US A CHEMICALLY INFUSED APPLE SO THAT, WE WOULD BE AGGRESSIVE AND REPRODUCTIVE.

That is why GOD said, GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY

JUST LIKE THE ANIMALS THAT YOU ARE.

Robert Pate

Banned

THEREFORE, GOD MADE US PHYSICAL AND SATAN GAVE US A CHEMICALLY INFUSED APPLE SO THAT, WE WOULD BE AGGRESSIVE AND REPRODUCTIVE.

We are not animals.

Animals do not have the ability to reason. They go by instinct.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It might make you want to.

Let's face it. Everyone is full of sin and rebellion, including you.

It's something we must overcome, Edgar Poe called it the Imp of the Perverse.

I have said thus much, that in some measure I may answer your question, that I may explain to you why I am here, that I may assign to you something that shall have at least the faint aspect of a cause for my wearing these fetters, and for my tenanting this cell of the condemned. Had I not been thus prolix, you might either have misunderstood me altogether, or, with the rabble, have fancied me mad. As it is, you will easily perceive that I am one of the many uncounted victims of the Imp of the Perverse. (Poe)​

Paul explained it this way, "For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." (Romans 8:13)

Robert Pate

Banned
It's something we must overcome, Edgar Poe called it the Imp of the Perverse.

I have said thus much, that in some measure I may answer your question, that I may explain to you why I am here, that I may assign to you something that shall have at least the faint aspect of a cause for my wearing these fetters, and for my tenanting this cell of the condemned. Had I not been thus prolix, you might either have misunderstood me altogether, or, with the rabble, have fancied me mad. As it is, you will easily perceive that I am one of the many uncounted victims of the Imp of the Perverse. (Poe)​

Paul explained it this way, "For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." (Romans 8:13)

We are born sinners and we die as sinners.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are born sinners and we die as sinners.

We are united with Christ and he is not a sinner, so neither are we.

Jesus prayed, "I in them and You in Me that they may be made perfect in one..." (John 17:23)

Sin is less than perfect.

keypurr

God never intended for his people to live by laws and rules.

If you need laws or rules you may not be a Christian.

Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" not by laws rules or religion.

Adam, do not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge.

Is that not a law?

keypurr

Paul said that the law produces sin and rebellion, Romans 7:7-12.

I think that I am going to believe Paul.

"I had not know lust, except the law said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET" Romans 7:7.

And then he lusted because the law made him lust.

Adam, Who said you were naked?

RBBI

A chemically infused apple??? Where did you get this from?

Once again, let's look at the pattern. There were 2 trees in the midst of the garden. What 2 "trees" are in the midst (inner court) of the Tabernacle pattern?

1) the golden candlestick, representing the tree of life/Spirit

2) the table of showbread, representing the letter that killeth which also has a "snake" (carnal beastly mind-to be carnally minded is death) as a bonus "prize" if you eat of it WITHOUT the Spirit ie. permission of and enablement of, the Spirit. For I knew not what sin was until the law came.....

The same is true today. Had they obeyed, He would have granted them permission to eat of both. Adam actually already WAS "eating" of both for HaShem brought the animals before him to see what Adam would name them. Name denotes nature. To eat means to consume. You can't give something it's nature unless you're already one with it/know it. You know what they say, you are what you eat. :) Sorry, couldn't resist....

True communion = eating the table of showbread/bread with the light of the candlestick/Spirit/wine.

Adam walked with HaShem in the cool of the day. Cool there runs into a meaning of "breath". Adam walked in the Spirit with HaShem until he disobeyed. So do we, if we are IN that Spirit and that Spirit is IN us. Peace

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A good Son does not need instructions. He knows what is required and lives accordingly.

If you are a rebellious sinner then you need the law 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.
This is where it is difficult because a good son should know what is required. This is where good teaching came into play. Meaning, with good teaching and training a boy can grow up living as he should.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A good Son does not need instructions. He knows what is required and lives accordingly.

That's the opposite of Paul said. He said, "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law." (Romans 7:7 NKJV)

The Bible is an instruction manual on how we should live.

OCTOBER23

ROBERT PATE DOES NOT WANT TO MONKEY WITH MY CONCLUSIONS

BECAUSE HE WILL NOT ADMIT THE WE ARE ANIMALS WITH A SPIRIT

PUT IN US BY JEHOVAH IN THE BEGINNING WHEN HE BREATHED INTO ADAM.

ANIMALS DIE AND WE DIE A PHYSICAL DEATH THE SAME AS ANIMALS.

Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Ge 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Ge 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.