Paul: The Commandments Made Me Want to Lust and Sin

Robert Pate

Banned
In that He says, “A new covenant” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. (Hebrews 8:13 NKJV)

Was the Mosaic covenant nailed to the cross or was it only ready to vanish away? The Mosaic covenant ended with the destruction of God's Temple on Mt. Zion.

The new covenant with Israel and Judah has not been established yet.

The New Covenant is Jesus and his Gospel.

Krsto

How can you define between a wicked person and a sinner? Does God grade sin? I don't think so. Paul said, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. That means that ALL have failed to live up to God's standards which is perfection. It also means that the whole world (not just some) stand guilty before God's court, Romans 3:19.
Being guilty and being condemned to hell are two different things.
No one will enter heaven that has not been made just or justified.
That's what I used to believe. The bible never says this. Jesus said the way to inherit eternal life is to love God and love man. Anyone who does that isn't going to be wicked. God does not condemn all mankind for what no man can do anything about. That's contrary to his just nature.

Robert Pate

Banned
Being guilty and being condemned to hell are two different things.

That's what I used to believe. The bible never says this. Jesus said the way to inherit eternal life is to love God and love man. Anyone who does that isn't going to be wicked. God does not condemn all mankind for what no man can do anything about. That's contrary to his just nature.

So, you believe that all that you have to do to be saved is be a good person? Love God and love your neighbor?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So, you believe that all that you have to do to be saved is be a good person? Love God and love your neighbor?

That's the royal law.

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well. (James 2:8 NKJV)​

Krsto

Lk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

And yes, I do that.

Robert Pate

Banned
Lk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

And yes, I do that.

You missed it. Jesus was trying to show the rich young ruler that he was a sinner and needed to be saved.

You also are a sinner that needs to be saved.

RBBI

Even I (who doesn't always agree with him/her), know that he/she is saved....they're right, clean your glasses...Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
Which one can you not keep?

I cannot do or keep any of the commandments.

You are a hypocrite if you think that you can.

Paul has a message for you, "DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21.

The law demands that you be like Christ. You don't even come close.

glorydaz

If you haven't murdered anyone today you've already kept one.

And if you haven't stolen anything today that makes two you kept.

You haven't read what our Lord said in Matt. 5?

There was an update....a clarification, if you will.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you haven't murdered anyone today you've already kept one.

And if you haven't stolen anything today that makes two you kept.

What you don't seem to understand is that God's law is spiritual. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart. Have you had an evil thought today? Hebrews 4:12, 13.

If you did then you have sinned.