Paul: The Commandments Made Me Want to Lust and Sin

Robert Pate

Banned
That's the opposite of Paul said. He said, "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law." (Romans 7:7 NKJV)

The Bible is an instruction manual on how we should live.

So, you think that the New Testament is just another Jewish Torah?

Robert Pate

Banned
ROBERT PATE DOES NOT WANT TO MONKEY WITH MY CONCLUSIONS

BECAUSE HE WILL NOT ADMIT THE WE ARE ANIMALS WITH A SPIRIT

PUT IN US BY JEHOVAH IN THE BEGINNING WHEN HE BREATHED INTO ADAM.

ANIMALS DIE AND WE DIE A PHYSICAL DEATH THE SAME AS ANIMALS.

Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Ge 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Ge 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

You may be an animal, but I am not. God is my Father and I have his Spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you need instructions then you must really be bad, 1 Timothy1:9, 10.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV)​

Why do you despise God's instructions.

RBBI

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV)​

Why do you despise God's instructions.

And when that scripture was written, it was talking about OT scriptures. Peace

RBBI

Thought to ponder....He wasn't given an animal spirit; I believe that's called "transmigration", something the Hindus believe in. He was turned over to the FULLNESS (until HaShem's hand passed over him 7 times- 7 = fullness of a thing) of the carnal mind exclusively for a season. Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And when that scripture was written, it was talking about OT scriptures.

And that's the scripture Pate says was abolished instead of just being updated.

At one time women couldn't vote but that was updated. Now women can not only vote, they can run for president. Things change.

RBBI

Yes, I know. "You" (as in anyone, not you personally) can run from it, but you can't hide. It's all through the Word. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
And that's the scripture Pate says was abolished instead of just being updated.

At one time women couldn't vote but that was updated. Now women can not only vote, they can run for president. Things change.

Pate only quotes what the scripture says, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Hebrews 8:13.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Pate only quotes what the scripture says, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Hebrews 8:13.

...having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances... (Ephesians 2:15 NKJV)

The ordinances Paul referred to were the ordinances contained in the Book of the Law placed beside the ark of the covenant. The Book of the Law was abolished but not God's covenant which is carried over into the NT.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

...having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. (Colossians 2:14 NKJV)​

Sin was nailed to the cross, not the law.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

In that He says, “A new covenant” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. (Hebrews 8:13 NKJV)

Was the Mosaic covenant nailed to the cross or was it only ready to vanish away? The Mosaic covenant ended with the destruction of God's Temple on Mt. Zion.

The new covenant with Israel and Judah has not been established yet.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant is not like the old.

Jeremiah 31
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the LORD.
33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the LORD, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
34 “They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the LORD, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In that He says, “A new covenant” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. (Hebrews 8:13 NKJV)

Was the Mosaic covenant nailed to the cross or was it only ready to vanish away? The Mosaic covenant ended with the destruction of God's Temple on Mt. Zion.

The new covenant with Israel and Judah has not been established yet.

The new covenant was already made.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The new covenant was already made.

“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the LORD, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

“They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the LORD, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”​

God's law will be written on the hearts of the Hebrews by God's Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the LORD, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

“They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the LORD, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”​

God's law will be written on the hearts of the Hebrews by God's Spirit.

What happened the Shavuot following Yeshua's ascension? This, or something else? The Spirit was poured out on many Jews.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
...having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. (Colossians 2:14 NKJV)​

Sin was nailed to the cross, not the law.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV)​

It says "The handwriting of the ordinances" which is the law. Nothing about sin, Colossians 2:14.