Paul: The Commandments Made Me Want to Lust and Sin

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What you don't seem to understand is that God's law is spiritual. It searches the desires and the intent of the heart. Have you had an evil thought today? Hebrews 4:12, 13.

If you did then you have sinned.

Yes, the Ten are spiritual and we are spiritual, so what's the problem?

No, I have not given any thought today about murdering someone, nor have I considered adultery.

I've not given any thought to stealing or saying things that are not true about someone. My parents are both dead but I treasure my memories of them and look forward to seeing them again.

I have kept this day separate from the other six days of the week nor have I abused God's authority. I don't do woodworking nor do I have the tools or desire to make idols. Coveting is a form of idolatry so I avoid that.

I haven't put anyone or anything ahead of God today.

How about you, which ones have you had a problem with today?

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, the Ten are spiritual and we are spiritual, so what's the problem?

No, I have not given any thought today about murdering someone, nor have I considered adultery.

I've not given any thought to stealing or saying things that are not true about someone. My parents are both dead but I treasure my memories of them and look forward to seeing them again.

I have kept this day separate from the other six days of the week nor have I abused God's authority. I don't do woodworking nor do I have the tools or desire to make idols. Coveting is a form of idolatry so I avoid that.

I haven't put anyone or anything ahead of God today.

How about you, which ones have you had a problem with today?

John has something to say to you.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" John 1:8.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" John 1:8.

If we say we have not sinned (past tense) we deceive ourselves and we know that is not true because everyone has sinned.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7 NKJV)​

Once we have been cleansed from all sin do we still have sin hanging over us?

No because we have been baptized for the remission of sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
If we say we have not sinned (past tense) we deceive ourselves and we know that is not true because everyone has sinned.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:7 NKJV)​

Once we have been cleansed from all sin do we still have sin hanging over us?

No because we have been baptized for the remission of sin.

Sin is a transgression of God's Holy Law.

As long as we are here on this earth in the flesh we are sinners.

However, God sees us as perfect and complete in Christ.

Paul says that we are corrupt, 1 Corinthians 15:52, 53.