Paul: The Commandments Made Me Want to Lust and Sin

Robert Pate

Banned
Have you ever wondered why organized religion is so full of immorality? Here is the reason.

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid, nay, I had not known sin, but by the law, for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET"

"But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead"

"For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died" Romans 7:7-9.

Religion teaches that the law or the commandments produces righteousness. The law does not produce righteousness. What the law produces is sin and rebellion.

God gave the Law to Moses and the Israelites. What did it produce? It produced sin and rebellion. Maybe some were controlled by it, but not many. It got so bad that God had to sic the vipers on them. Those that looked at Moses brass viper lived, those that didn't died. Some were so full of rebellion that they would rather die than obey Moses. God had to let that bunch wander in the wilderness for 40 years and die off. It was the new generation of Jews that entered into the promised land.

God gave the law to the Jews to keep them until Jesus Christ should arrive. If you kept the law you were blessed. If you disobeyed the law you were cursed. It was through the blessings and the cursings that God was able to control them.

Paul said, "Walk not after the flesh (Living by law is flesh) but after the Spirit" Romans 8:1. The law is flesh. Pride is never higher than when someone says... "I keep the commandments" You may think that you are keeping the commandments, but what you are really doing is making yourself a hypocrite. No one can do or keep God's law.

To live by the Spirit is to live by the Gospel. In the Gospel we are not concerned about the law. The purpose of the law is to reveal the holy nature of God and the sinfullness of man. In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law for us and then abolishes it. Why should I be concerned about a law that has been abolished? Colossians 2:14. In the Gospel Jesus is our righteousness, Romans 3:26. Righteousness does not come by the law. In the New Testament faith is counted for righteousness and not works or the law, Romans 4:5.

There is something in human nature that when told to do something there is rebellion. God told Adam and Eve, "Don't eat of the tree in the midst of the Garden". I guess God wanted to test his new creations to see if they were sin proof. No one had an interest in the tree until God said don't eat of it. But now as Paul said, "Sin revived and I died" Without the law sin is dead. The serpent knew about God's law and the effect it would have on Adam and Eve. He was right there to encourage Eve to sin. The rest is history.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Have you ever wondered why organized religion is so full of immorality? Here is the reason.

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid, nay, I had not known sin, but by the law, for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET"

"But sin taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead"

"For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died" Romans 7:7-9.

Religion teaches that the law or the commandments produces righteousness. The law does not produce righteousness. What the law produces is sin and rebellion.

God gave the Law to Moses and the Israelites. What did it produce? It produced sin and rebellion. Maybe some were controlled by it, but not many. It got so bad that God had to sic the vipers on them. Those that looked at Moses brass viper lived, those that didn't died. Some were so full of rebellion that they would rather die than obey Moses. God had to let that bunch wander in the wilderness for 40 years and die off. It was the new generation of Jews that entered into the promised land.

God gave the law to the Jews to keep them until Jesus Christ should arrive. If you kept the law you were blessed. If you disobeyed the law you were cursed. It was through the blessings and the cursings that God was able to control them.

Paul said, "Walk not after the flesh (Living by law is flesh) but after the Spirit" Romans 8:1. The law is flesh. Pride is never higher than when someone says... "I keep the commandments" You may think that you are keeping the commandments, but what you are really doing is making yourself a hypocrite. No one can do or keep God's law.

To live by the Spirit is to live by the Gospel. In the Gospel we are not concerned about the law. The purpose of the law is to reveal the holy nature of God and the sinfullness of man. In the Gospel Jesus fulfills the law for us and then abolishes it. Why should I be concerned about a law that has been abolished? Colossians 2:14. In the Gospel Jesus is our righteousness, Romans 3:26. Righteousness does not come by the law. In the New Testament faith is counted for righteousness and not works or the law, Romans 4:5.

There is something in human nature that when told to do something there is rebellion. God told Adam and Eve, "Don't eat of the tree in the midst of the Garden". I guess God wanted to test his new creations to see if they were sin proof. No one had an interest in the tree until God said don't eat of it. But now as Paul said, "Sin revived and I died" Without the law sin is dead. The serpent knew about God's law and the effect it would have on Adam and Eve. He was right there to encourage Eve to sin. The rest is history.

Forbidden fruit. :thumb:

chair

Either:
1. Pate misunderstands Paul or
2. Paul is a sick man or
3. God is an awful deity, and is out to get us via nasty tricks

Robert Pate

Banned
Either:
2. Paul is a sick man or

Or, what if I am right? I base everything on scripture.

Chances are that I am not the problem. You just don't believe the Bible.

chair

Or, what if I am right? I base everything on scripture.

Chances are that I am not the problem. You just don't believe the Bible.

I absolutely totally do not believe or accept the Christian New Testament. Nor have I ever seen a convincing argument to do so

Robert Pate

Banned
I absolutely totally do not believe or accept the Christian New Testament. Nor have I ever seen a convincing argument to do so

You don't accept the Old Testament either, because the Old Testament and the New Testament are linked together.

The Old Testament is about God bringing forth a nation and a people from whom the savior of the world would come.

chair

Go dig yourself a deep hole somewhere so you will have a place to hide when Jesus appears, Revelation 6:15-17.

Pate, do you really believe that God gave the law and commandments as a way of encouraging people to sin? Does that make sense to you?

Think before answering.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate, do you really believe that God gave the law and commandments as a way of encouraging people to sin? Does that make sense to you?

Think before answering.

God gave the law to show you that you are a sinner, Romans 3:19.

glorydaz

Think before answering.

God didn't give the law to encourage people to sin, but it is a natural consequence of the law. The prohibitions of the law give sin an opportunity.....it's the concept of forbidden fruit.
Whenever men look to the law for righteousness, they will fail. It's the very result God intended.

Romans 8:8
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence.

glorydaz

Either:
2. Paul is a sick man or

That's the same thing the Jews said about Paul back in the day. It's why Paul took such pains in chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8 of Romans to explain the goodness of God's law when it was used and understood correctly. Not as the Jews were using it. It was never given to justify, sanctify or give life.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's the same thing the Jews said about Paul back in the day. It's why Paul took such pains in chapters 5, 6, 7, and 8 of Romans to explain the goodness of God's law when it was used and understood correctly. Not as the Jews were using it. It was never given to justify, sanctify or give life.

The Jews said that the Torah was the way, the truth and the life. John took what they said about the Torah and applied it to Jesus, John 14:6.