You will own nothing

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He can want to make money,

Why is it so hard for you people to answer a simple question.

I didn't ask, "Can a man want to make money?"

I asked, "Is it wrong for a man to want to make money?"

Please answer the question I asked, and not the one I didn't ask.

eider

Why is it so hard for you people to answer a simple question.

I didn't ask, "Can a man want to make money?"

I asked, "Is it wrong for a man to want to make money?"

Please answer the question I asked, and not the one I didn't ask.
It isn't wrong to want to make money.
Want away!
Wanting, like dreaming?
Dream on.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Want away!
Wanting, like dreaming?
Dream on.
That may be where your thinking will lead in England. In America if you want to make money you work for it. The harder you work the more money you make.

eider

That may be where your thinking will lead in England. In America if you want to make money you work for it. The harder you work the more money you make.
That wasn't the question.
Why can't people Stick with the question?
The question was ' is it wrong to want to make money?'
The question was about wanting, not acting.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Want away!
Wanting, like dreaming?
Dream on.

Thank you for answering the question!

Follow up:

Is it wrong for a man, who has earned the money he has (legitimately, as if that needed clarifying), to use it as he sees fit (barring taxation)?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That wasn't the question.
Why can't people Stick with the question?
The question was ' is it wrong to want to make money?'
The question was about wanting, not acting.

Don't be a troll, Eider.

eider

Thank you for answering the question!

Follow up:

Is it wrong for a man, who has earned the money he has (legitimately, as if that needed clarifying), to use it as he sees fit (barring taxation)?
No.
I answer No because 'seeing fit' covers a whole bunch of possibilities.
So you need to tighten up your question, I think.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Thank you for your answer.

That is correct.

Obviously it is not wrong for the business man to want to make money.

Thank you for answering.

But where are you going with this?

So if it is not wrong for a man to want to make money, why do you paint with your words the billionaire (or any other "-aire") as the bad guy when there is nothing inherently wrong with a man who has made lots of money simply because he wanted to?

Would you not agree that, given the sad facts of history, society has to impose at least some constraints on how people can act in their pursuit of money?

Why do you think that there should be any restraint on how a man makes money, so long as he isn't breaking any laws? To make things simple, let's refer to such laws as outlined on https://kgov.com/criminal-code.

Eric h

Why do you think that there should be any restraint on how a man makes money, so long as he isn't breaking any laws?
In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, it does not say that the rich man earned his money by crime. So we can assume that he earned it legally. However, when it came to judgement day, he was told he had his rewards on Earth, and he did not deserve a place in heaven. Yet Lazarus is rewarded.

There is no law criminal law against greed, so we can earn as much as we like. It seems that God may judge us in different ways.

Gary K

Banned
In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, it does not say that the rich man earned his money by crime. So we can assume that he earned it legally. However, when it came to judgement day, he was told he had his rewards on Earth, and he did not deserve a place in heaven. Yet Lazarus is rewarded.

There is no law criminal law against greed, so we can earn as much as we like. It seems that God may judge us in different ways.
So, what is your estimate on how much money God thinks is too much for an individual to have?

Eric h

So, what is your estimate on how much money God thinks is too much for an individual to have?
That is for each of our conceouses to answer; how can anyone know the mind of God. We don't know how much money the rich man had in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus. But in God's eye's it was too much for one man; it was in the rich man's power to help Lazarus; but he chose to keep his wealth.

God is the creator of all that is seen and unseen; we are but temporary custodians of wealth. When God looks down on his creation, he must see the millions of people living in abject poverty; and see them starving to death. God also sees the rich.