Would be rude not to say hello

musterion

Don't know about anyone else here but I quit "striving to be Christ-like" years ago. Couldn't do it. Still can't.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But do you yet strive to be like Christ? Or do you rest in His finished work and simply walk in the new life He gives to all who believe His Gospel of grace?
Sounds like she wants to be in with a group of people who have banded together to be separated from other religious groups.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
  • Matt. 7:4, "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."
  • Matt. 15:7, "You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, 8 ‘This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far away from Me." 9 ‘But in vain do they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.’”
  • Matt. 23:13, "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from men; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in."
  • Matt. 23:15, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites . . . "
  • Matt. 23:16-17, "Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple, that is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obligated.’ 17 “You fools and blind men; which is more important, the gold, or the temple that sanctified the gold?"
  • Matt. 23:23-24, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others. 24 “You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!"
  • Matt. 23:25, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!"
  • Matt. 23:27-28, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. 28 "Even so you too outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."
  • Matt. 23:29, “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!"
  • Matt. 23:33, "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how shall you escape the sentence of hell?"
  • Mark 12:38-40, "Beware of the scribes who like to walk around in long robes, and like respectful greetings in the market places, 39 and chief seats in the synagogues, and places of honor at banquets, 40 who devour widows’ houses, and for appearance’s sake offer long prayers; these will receive greater condemnation."
  • Luke 11:39, "You foolish ones, did not He who made the outside make the inside also?"
  • Luke 11:43, "Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the front seats in the synagogues, and the respectful greetings in the market places. 44 “Woe to you! For you are like concealed tombs, and the people who walk over them are unaware of it."
  • Luke 11:52, "Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; you did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered."
  • Luke 12:1, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy."
  • John 8:44, "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father . . . "
  • John 8:49, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me."
  • John 8:55, "and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I shall be a liar like you, but I do know Him, and keep His word."

djhow

well wasn't expecting that :) someone thinks spiritual weapons are something to take people? down with. That's why is wise not to let the monkey run the airport :)