Would be rude not to say hello

djhow

It is because of Christians I'd be inclined to say no. It's like when you say God it conjures up an illusion.

If I was to say my dad was a fitness fanatic and made his money as a tea boy you would start to form an idea of what he might be like. It's an illusion because when you met my dad you would say "I thought he would look different" People read about God and get an idea of what God must be like but it's an illusion and the strength of their commitment to the illusion is so strong they would believe it to be of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said the Holy Spirit would lead us all into the truth and the truth is what Christians seem to have problems with. It's kind of bizarre but there you go. The church sent assassins out to Egypt when the rumour that the world might be as old as ten thousand years was going about.

In day's of old there was an elephant in the room called the nameless one and everyone agreed you could not define it nor explain it and that in fact you shouldn't name it for to name it is to change it.

And now four thousand years later we are still fighting an embittered argument between two brothers who were born to a man who gave the nameless one a name.

Jesus debunked the Pharisees, he debunked it all really and dared to say the kingdom of God is now.

djhow

Yes since I was young, I gave my heart to God when I was about 14/15 though was brought up a Catholic and did yearn to know God from quite young

Missy-E

I am me. I am part of a one true God and am part of everything created by my understood God. You were created by God and that makes me part of you and you me. We are part of each other and it is my job on earth to help take care of you and every thing and other as I would myself.

Sent from my SM-S765C using TheologyOnline mobile app
I do not identify with any one "religion" because "religion" is manmade. I do not identify with any manmade construct.

Sent from my SM-S765C using TheologyOnline mobile app

djhow

Yes [MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] Exactly and if nothing else it taught me that when I was eating from the trough with pigs that God is there and I'm loved like a son.

djhow

you say that like a criticism, benevolently condescending but she's right we are all part of creation

djhow

words :) they'll be the death of us. It's a shame Christians separate themselves from the world to then separate themselves from each other through teaching and ideology. It's not the idea but the Church is the people who have surrendered to The Way and become vessels of Eternal life. The church is not an organisation that we think of it today.

Jesus said who is my mother, brother, sister? Those that do the will of God which is accepting who you are and the circumstances you find yourself and thanking God for every bit of it good and bad and rejoicing in all circumstances resting and abiding in the wealth that is being a child of God. That's a Christian it's called The Way and it's life abundant for the mind, the soul, the spirit and body. It's healing and cleansing and to the weary and heavy laden it is true rest.