Woman finds out during church sermon her husband is newly married

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[Y]ou Americans are a bit hung up on law."
We aren't (Judg 21:25). :banana: That's the problem (Hos 4:6).
"Does everything have to be either legal or illegal?"
If you'd like a civil society (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :dizzy: Where do you live? Somewhere in Europe? You're all dead already. :dead: Will you even loose a one in the rapture? :rapture: We're close behind you.
brancard1.gif

"Can't some things just be moral or immoral?"
Laws come from God (Ge 2:16). The law is for the lawless (1 Ti 1:9). The law is an expression of God's will (Rom. 7:2–9). :straight:
"It's like you feel that people should be punished for what they do wrong..."
Like fer sure (Ro 13:4).

4337.gif

"...just so long as it's the state doing the punishing and the individual can thus wash his or her hands."
The individual can claim innocence all day long (Mt 27:24)--
crying.gif
that doesn't make it so (Ro 14:12). :burnlib:

What do you think should happen here?

Do you think bigamy should be prosecuted?

Bigamy is primarily a problem about a man holding two or more marriage licenses. Comparable to having two drivers license from different states.

It would be a waste of tax payer funds to keep him locked up.

I am much more concerned with men that have multiple baby-mamas, that they aren't married to and have little or no responsibilities for these ladies and their children.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you think should happen here?

Do you think bigamy should be prosecuted?

Simple ... the bigamist should lose all of the marital assets and the wife should receive sole physical custody IF their are any children involved.

Proper upbringing. Common sense. Empathy.
Okay, so you want to do what is right in your own eyes.

I think you might be advocating a little overly punitive, for what is essentially a licensing issue at least as far as the state is concerned.

If deceptive people cannot hold parental rights, I'm not sure there are enough people to raise these kids.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, so you want to do what is right in your own eyes.

In the context of the OP, the wife was unaware that her husband had another wife. THAT is cheating. Is cheating right *in your own eyes*?

I think you might be advocating a little overly punitive, for what is essentially a licensing issue at least as far as the state is concerned.

Oh. Okay. So you would be fine with a wife adding a new hubby to the mix without the first spouse's knowledge and consent?

If deceptive people cannot hold parental rights, I'm not sure there are enough people to raise these kids.

Parental rights do not end when one parent has sole custody. It just means the children are normally left in the primary care of the most responsible parent. Do you believe teaching a child that it's okay to cheat on their other parent is responsible parenting?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

How about him trying also to sell the family home out from under his wife and kids?

Think thats just a licensing issue?